Is my spirituality gone?

Luna's Crone

I had a wee spot of brain injury in which i lost my soul, spirituality and my ability to not dream of relatives within 3 generations of my life dying. This part i don't mind. I did not dream when my nephew OD, my aunt died (one of the people closest to me) and my brother's death (which doesn't count cuz we couldn't figure out how he lived the last 5 years with about 4-6% of his heart alive). This was after my injury. My intuition has been getting stronger over the years (my 8 years ago was the injury). But my soul and spirituality never returned.

I never noticed my soul until i wasn't there anymore, but it was devastating when i finally realized that my spirituality was really gone. The injury was near my primitive brain.

I was hoping I could find a new place in my brain where it would relearn my spirituality but I have pretty much given up hope.

Like I have know clue how anyone can find tarot spiritual. Although the person i am reading for may have that brought up in her reading, its not the card itself thats spiritual. Or you know what i mean. I hoped it would help, but just feels dumb.

My moments of spirituality is being out with Gaia or Luna. Rocks, trees, and Geology right now is really helping me to be a little spiritual. Also I will pull an oracle card for a moment of spirituality. It doesn't last long, but it helps, especially if i can journal a bit on it. But then its gone, like in a puff of smoke.

it's just gone and i am lost. Gaia and Luna have been my mother and sister since i was little. That is why my connection still remains deep with them.

Has anyone run into something like this before. It was very disconcerting to know my soul and spirituality lived in a physical space so to speak. The funny thing is, now that i don't predict when they die, They appear in my dreams alot now. Especially my brother and my uncle who wasn't even a blood relative. But i loved him like a dad.

It was funny. I didn't predict that my aunt was gonna die, but she came to me that night all mad and said she couldn't find heaven, so where is it. I said just look and there it is. she said oh, never heard from again. although she did appear in the dreams where my mom was trying to get every not to like me and throw out of the family. That was 3 long dreams. in the end it was unanimous i stay in. Thank god haven't heard from my mom since then. But I have from the hated monster my dad. One day in the car i was driving along and out of the clear blue sky (brain and mouth blab) I said "I love you dad and I forgive you" Where hell did that come from.

well i said alot more than i meant to.

thanks for listening.

Jo Ann

ncharge

Jo Ann, I honestly believe that you still have your soul. If you didn't, you would not long for the sense of spirituality. The soul can't die. Listen to soul music (the blues, jazz, etc.) - that longing, that sense of connection you have with Gaia - that stuff comes from the soul. You may experience your soul differently, and you may have to change some ingrained beliefs about how it feels to have a soul, but you still have it.

Likewise, you can't lose your spirituality. Spirituality is a search for the sacred. And a sense of the sacred. You are doing that. Like your soul, you may experience the sacred differently now. You may feel more spiritual with Gaia because it is the most similar to the feelings that you had before the brain trauma. But, you still search and you still can find the sacred. It may feel different than before. You may react differently than before. But it is there.

My sister had brain surgery (3 aneurisms). It took her a decade to become herself again. The brain is a miraculous thing. Neurons and neural paths rebuild themselves around damaged areas! It takes time and the time is different for everyone depending on the size of the trauma and the individual person. And the neurons and neural network are new - babies needing experience to learn, experiencing things slightly differently than the old, etc. You did not lose your spirituality or your soul. You had to recover and transition to a new way of experiencing it or recognizing it. And since some memories are gone - memories that created your attitudes and opinions about soul and spirituality, you WILL have to develop new attitudes and opinions.

And yes, I do think that we retain memories from previous lives. There are too many cases of that in children for me to not believe in that. And have you read about the collective unconscious and morphic resonance? But, I personally think that we all have access to this collective unconscious/memory that is shared by all humanity and the universe as a whole. And I think morphic resonance (the spontaneous spread of ideas across a great area) is very real.

Luna's Crone

Jo Ann, I honestly believe that you still have your soul. If you didn't, you would not long for the sense of spirituality. The soul can't die. Listen to soul music (the blues, jazz, etc.) - that longing, that sense of connection you have with Gaia - that stuff comes from the soul. You may experience your soul differently, and you may have to change some ingrained beliefs about how it feels to have a soul, but you still have it.

Likewise, you can't lose your spirituality. Spirituality is a search for the sacred. And a sense of the sacred. You are doing that. Like your soul, you may experience the sacred differently now. You may feel more spiritual with Gaia because it is the most similar to the feelings that you had before the brain trauma. But, you still search and you still can find the sacred. It may feel different than before. You may react differently than before. But it is there.

My sister had brain surgery (3 aneurisms). It took her a decade to become herself again. The brain is a miraculous thing. Neurons and neural paths rebuild themselves around damaged areas! It takes time and the time is different for everyone depending on the size of the trauma and the individual person. And the neurons and neural network are new - babies needing experience to learn, experiencing things slightly differently than the old, etc. You did not lose your spirituality or your soul. You had to recover and transition to a new way of experiencing it or recognizing it. And since some memories are gone - memories that created your attitudes and opinions about soul and spirituality, you WILL have to develop new attitudes and opinions.

Well i kinda told myself that but i can't explain how it feels, but its gone, both. but being gone, gave me much more hope for humanity. Like human beings are good with or without consciously being so. if you get what i mean.
And yes, I do think that we retain memories from previous lives. There are too many cases of that in children for me to not believe in that. And have you read about the collective unconscious and morphic resonance? But, I personally think that we all have access to this collective unconscious/memory that is shared by all humanity and the universe as a whole. And I think morphic resonance (the spontaneous spread of ideas across a great area) is very real.

oh i totally agree, cuz its to odd when all of a sudden a bunch of scientist/people come up with the same idea and are separately and without knowledge of the others, working to prove it. To me this is amazing a bit more than mass knowledge all of a sudden becoming known because less energy longer distances. Its just to weird and sometimes the time is spot on.

Tanga

Luna's Crone - I can't answer - except to say I've seen the recordings where children remember their past lives, down to the details of where they used to live and with whom - and when their parents take them there - the story they've recited matches the missing dead character in those places.
As they grow older they forget...

I'm so sorry to hear that a brain injury has changed how you experience your world. :(
I don't know if you've lost your soul...doubtful I think (who knows exactly what that is?). More likely what's lost is the brain section that stored the way you structured and processed that whole idea.
Another part of the brain would need to take that over - but of course it'll never be as it was...

I do know it's a belief that parts of the soul can be lost in Shamanism - and there are "soul retrieval" techniques. Do google.

:heart:

Luna's Crone

Luna's Crone - I can't answer - except to say I've seen the recordings where children remember their past lives, down to the details of where they used to live and with whom - and when their parents take them there - the story they've recited matches the missing dead character in those places.
As they grow older they forget...

I'm so sorry to hear that a brain injury has changed how you experience your world. :(
I don't know if you've lost your soul...doubtful I think (who knows exactly what that is?). More likely what's lost is the brain section that stored the way you structured and processed that whole idea.
Another part of the brain would need to take that over - but of course it'll never be as it was...

I do know it's a belief that parts of the soul can be lost in Shamanism - and there are "soul retrieval" techniques. Do google.

:heart:

yes. I knew the soul had to in some part of the brain, but to think i managed to injured that out of the way spot. sheese. My depression and stuff keep me from being consistently with daily reads and such. but I try. ;-) I could probably try harder. :p

Luna's Crone

At least I still take pleasure in Gaia, Luna, rocks and trees. LOL OH yeah, and alternative rock.

You know what Just occured to me. I am a science person. My brain is straining at learning genetics again cuz its newer, science has always been a big thing of spirituality for me. So its not all gone. But i don't know what name to give the part thats gone, spirit soul, soul spirit?

Zephyros

I think that the love and fascination scientists feel toward the world is very spiritual. After all, they've dedicated their entire lives to finding out the workings of mechanics of nature. Spirituality isn't just things like meditation or other things we automatically think of as spiritual, you can make every act and thoughtspiritual ones.

Tanga

I think that the love and fascination scientists feel toward the world is very spiritual. After all, they've dedicated their entire lives to finding out the workings of mechanics of nature. Spirituality isn't just things like meditation or other things we automatically think of as spiritual, you can make every act and thought spiritual ones.

Amen to that!

Richard

Zephyros is correct. Spirituality is not equivalent to belief in spooky things like spirits, souls, gods and such. It can be something as simple as reverence for the natural world, as exemplified by many scientists, philosophers, poets, and artists. Personally, I have always regarded mathematical research as a spiritual pursuit, as did Pythagoras.