HARVEST FULL MOON/LUNAR ECLIPSE - Friday September, 16, 2016

celticnoodle

Thanks for all the links CN! Wow, this is a great quote!

“Out of the wound emerges the teacher, your wisdom, your wholeness".

Seems like some finalityor shift of sorts with this full moon eclipse. Hopefully it will move things forward for everyone.

Your riverside evening with the fish sounds AWESOME! Enjoy! 👍🏻

oh yes, great quote there, G6! :thumbsup:

and, thanks re: the riverside evening watching the full moon rise and the fish jumping. It always makes us laugh as they jump around. Sometimes, its the little things in life that give the most pleasure. :)

I'll be going to a wedding- I wonder if the bride knew about the eclipse when she booked the date!

oh wow!!! What a cool thing to also remember about your wedding day! I wish the bride and groom a lifetime of happiness! :heart:

Tanga

Will read the thread when I'm less excited. Lol.

I'm off for an Esbat in the woods with friends. The leader has geared the ceremony towards the penumbral eclipse.

:) :)

Sure we'll get thoroughly soaked though - as it's raining today, after an unbearably muggy week.

I'm a full moon baby too.
And - I'm often lunatic when it's full.

G6

I have not made any special plans but I will sure try to catch it tonight.
There will not be such a harvest moon eclipse until 2024.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/09/how-see-harvest-moon-eclipse-earth-sun-space-astronomy/

I like this site that has an animation how the eclipse happens and what the times are for your area (if you are on a computer that knows your location):
https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/

Thanks for the links. Another link in there says you all in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia will actually get to see the eclipse. There's specific times listed here:

http://eclipsewise.com/lunar/LEprime/2001-2100/LE2016Sep16Nprime.html

G6

I'll be going to a wedding- I wonder if the bride knew about the eclipse when she booked the date!

Lol, any exes from the past will certainly be eclipsed out! 😂

WolfSpirit

Another link in there says you all in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia will actually get to see the eclipse.

Unfortunately we are just a bit too much to the west to see the eclipse, it is visible in Central Europe and Asia.
It is also very cloudy tonight (after having had a number of cloudless days and nights, bummer) but the sky looks very red!
Will have another look later, maybe the sky will clear a bit still.

celticnoodle

The Fish are already beginning to jump and its only 6:17pm. :D We are currently making dinner, (pizza on the grill) and after we eat, will head down for the main show.

I haven't yet started on my meditation to "“Let go, forgive, surrender". I will do so though before bedtime and also as I go to sleep. One of the things I planned to do is my Tai - Chi moves. That is sort of like dancing--as was recommended in the 2nd site I posted here about. Hopefully, that will do. :)

Amsonia

It's cloudy here, but so glad you mentioned the full moon, I forgot and with the clouds would not have remembered on my own.