Tarot Forum    

Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

> Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith

Resident

Wheel of Fantastic 

The first German printing of this deck is now OOP although a few copies are still available on Amazon UK but not at Amazon.de. I haven't looked at availability anywhere else.

I have changed my mind from the post above, I do intend to get hold of an English edition when they come out in May. I'm curious to see if there are any other changes (there shouldn't be). Hope they keep the excellent 2 part box!
Top   #171
Citizen

CharlotteK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel of Fantastic View Post
The first German printing of this deck is now OOP although a few copies are still available on Amazon UK but not at Amazon.de. I haven't looked at availability anywhere else.

I have changed my mind from the post above, I do intend to get hold of an English edition when they come out in May. I'm curious to see if there are any other changes (there shouldn't be). Hope they keep the excellent 2 part box!
I'll get an English one too if it comes out. I've got the German standard and pocket sizes and they are very beautiful, especially those backs compared with the tartan... Much gratitude to you for posting about them back when, WofF.
Top   #172
Resident

Wheel of Fantastic 

I may have been mistaken about the German Edition being OOP. They are still available to buy at the Konigsfurt-Urania website; the domestic website for German customers.

On the Tarot World website it says the English language version is coming in May. Also going to be available in French, Spanish and Portuguese.

This deck deserves to reach a wider audience. I sometimes feel US Games are resting on their laurels a bit with their bread and butter deck. I guess we'll have to wait a few years for the copyright to expire before we get a true authentic Pam A reproduction with Pixie's calligraphy titles as well as the backs and original colours. It will surely come.
Top   #173
Citizen

Le Fanu 

If there's an English one WITH PCS' calligraphic titles, it really will be the end of the line for me as far as the search for the perfect RWS is concerned.

Crackle-backed, perfect colouring, calligraphic titles - one could not hope for more, but I suspect there will always be something missing to keep the consumers hanging on the edge of their seats. The current AG Muller editions in print in English -like the "deluxe" editions - do not have the original handwritten titles, so there's no reason to hope that new ones will.

I honestly think that a crackle-backed edition with the original titles and this same colouring as the German one is simply too much to ask...
Top   #174
Citizen

Lisa Myobun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
If there's an English one WITH PCS' calligraphic titles, it really will be the end of the line for me as far as the search for the perfect RWS is concerned.

Crackle-backed, perfect colouring, calligraphic titles - one could not hope for more, but I suspect there will always be something missing to keep the consumers hanging on the edge of their seats. The current AG Muller editions in print in English -like the "deluxe" editions - do not have the original handwritten titles, so there's no reason to hope that new ones will.

I honestly think that a crackle-backed edition with the original titles and this same colouring as the German one is simply too much to ask...

I just read on the AGM Urania site that a new version of the Premium will be coming out in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese in May...
Top   #175
Citizen

Lisa Myobun 

Oops I should have read the thread more carefully... Wheel of Fantastic shared this info already... Sorry!
Top   #176
Resident

Wheel of Fantastic 

No need to apologise! It's nearly May and I'm still waiting for the deck to be available.
Top   #177
Citizen

Lisa Myobun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel of Fantastic View Post
No need to apologise! It's nearly May and I'm still waiting for the deck to be available.

Well I just nabbed a copy of the German standard still available through an Amazon vendor.... will be VERY curious what becomes available in May!!!!
Top   #178
Resident

Wheel of Fantastic 

The English version of the deck is now available from Tarotworld.com.

However, I'm personally not buying one from the site as it does not accept PayPal. Guess I'll have to wait for Amazon.de or Amazon UK.
Top   #179
Citizen

Le Fanu 

aaaaargh! I knew it couldn't be perfect. The thing that would have been the apotheosis/icing on the cake - the end of the search, the end of the rainbow is NOT a feature of this deck.

Pixie's Calligraphy titles are not part of the design.

Perfect colours, perfect backs, perfect everything but with the naff modern font.

The yearning continues.
Top   #180

Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Tarot Readings
· Reading Exchange
Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· 2000+ Tarot Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us. Advertise with us.