Inquiring about Twin Flames and moving on or removing that connection?

Dominoo

I'm trying to make sense of a long term relationship that ended horrifically with abuse, neglect, and just outright violence. Our relationship went from something magical, filled with hopes, dreams, and true happiness to a bitterness that has left me empty, regardless that I am in a better place since leaving.

I want to give a detailed background of our relationship. I apologize in advance as this post is long. I greatly appreciate those who decide to read through this and give their input.

A connection between C (I will be referring to her as "C" to mask her identity) and I started before I even knew of her existence. One night, when I was 14 or 15, I dreamt of a girl that was in my room. She was in a fetal position, in tears, sitting on the floor in front of the French doors that lead to the deck from my room (at the time). Outside was gloomy; you sense a plague, thunderstorms, bitterness, depression, and loneliness. It was dark. We were both naked. And when I finally decided to reach out to this girl, I immediately woke up with a sense that whoever this woman was, she was my “girlfriend”.

I told my friends but they just laughed it off.

A few years later I begin to enter a very dark period. The abuse from my parents deteriorated my mental state and my OCD progressed from being a simple mysophobia to being outright full-blown. I turned my life around, upgraded in high-school, pursued a different woman, and decided to take my self development further and get a grip on my OCD. I was prescribed SSRIs and an antipsychotic to help with the side effects from the SSRIs. This would lead to serotonin intoxication and EPS (extrapyramidal symptoms), withdrawing from my first year engineering, and a severe deterioration of every relationship I had.

During this period, I met C. I met her online with a common interest in astrology. The connection between us was instant and we returned e-mails regularly. To me, she was the most attractive woman I had ever seen. Our lives were also very similar. As I got to know her, every major event in our lives were in sync. Our interests overlapped; our escapes from our own turmoil were similar; and although we were similar in person, we also greatly differed. We were like ying-yang, but “one”. It was very strange to meet someone like this. As my life deteriorated, she was there, and she remained my friend when everyone pushed me away (although it appeared I pushed them away).

When we saw each other, we would spend time just staring at each other. The attraction was there, but I never knew she “shared” the same feelings I did. Unfortunately, she was on the other side of the world and nothing would work; so when I asked her if we could take this relationship further she declined, claiming it would not work. The rejection was also taken differently. Other women that rejected me felt “different”. With C, well, I don’t know how to describe it but it was different. We remained very good friends regardless.

Time goes on and, again, we see similarities in events. Problems with friends occurred around the same time, relationship problems occurred, moves, life changes, everything was within a week of each other. (Half of our natal charts are the same). Years go on and we reconnect over Skype. I shaved my head, toned up, escaped the abuse from my parents, and was progressing amazingly with my OCD. Although she was engaged, we sparked. We shared deep secrets. We confided in each other. We flirted and longed to see each other. Eventually it would be daily for hours.

Eventually my morals kicked in and I told her this “thing” between us couldn’t continue. I was closer to her than her own fiancé and it was not right what was going on behind his back. Although he was sexually manipulative, she felt like she “owed him” regardless that she had been distant from him for a year. Nonetheless, within a couple days, C messaged me and told me she left him. She told me she didn’t want to lose me.

A couple weeks later we became a couple but she was ashamed. She kept us hidden outside of her family. Her family would approach me and tell me how I “brought their daughter back.” And how “they’ve never seen her happier before.” C and I would sense each other, despite the distance. She would randomly call me up and inform me that she felt I was having anxieties. She would have dreams regarding my OCD and how and what it detailed. C knew nothing of this, but she “felt” it and informed me of the things that troubled me with great accuracy. As we shared our background I eventually notice that woman in my dream was actually her. The physical features, and C’s state of mind at the time was a direct reflection of this girl in the dream.

None of this made sense to me outside of the pseudosciences. I had background in neurology, linking NMDA glutamate to a possible neurochemical involved in my own disorder; I’ve taken academic level psychology courses; philosophy; and later sociology and organizational behavior. I knew my stuff, and I knew of studies of the paranormal, but this connection we shared was not something tangible. (I don't think of myself as anything special, but I'm not stupid). Nonetheless, I believed it. I felt natural with her. I felt whole. I felt a love I never did know before. I learned of great things about myself and so forth. We grew each other’s character, confidence, and fought each other’s demons.

I eventually came down to visit her for the first time in person. Those 3 weeks were the best time of my life. C also claimed the same. The connection was unreal; so much greater than it was before. I couldn’t believe how this was progressing. We looked the same. We had the same tastes. We looked amazing together. Although we barely had a lot of physical time together, we already had that “old-couple’s syndrome”. I would have dreams before her period, detailing me that "it" was about to come. I would begin to experience the same paranormal sensations she did. It was insane the connection we had. It was surreal to me.

We planned a future together and worked towards getting her in school. Half the time I spent helping her learn and write English. She got her TOFEL on the second try (the first time around it was only 1 point off from the standards requested by the university in my city). Although she was accepted, everything seemed to be against us. Her visa was eventually rejected more than 5 times. And later, she would give up and take an easy road. She stopped trying. But this was not when things went bad. Things started to go south very quickly when I returned back to Canada after those 3 weeks.

At this point, we knew each other for at least 5 years.

C had rather severe jealousy and abandonment issues. It started to show with her watching me on the CCTV city cameras, gaining access to all of my social media accounts and e-mail, which all of this was merely a claim that she “wanted to feel closer to me”. She would question every friend that was female. She began to develop very deep relationships with my friends. C would begin to convince me these women around me wanted to destroy our relationship and how they all wanted me. Somehow, if someone told me that they liked my hair, or found me attractive, this was a sign that I was cheating on C. My OCD progressed worse and worse. I gained weight. I couldn’t keep up with my school work. I couldn’t keep up with her. I eventually started to get angry with everyone. I started to be codependent.

Although our connection was still strong, this emotional control went on for years. I would sometimes travel to her as she couldn’t travel to me. I would max my credit card and taken out student loans just to try and make things work. She would blame me for not speeding up the process by marrying her, regardless of how not only did I pursue marriage, I would try and express my concerns regarding it to her. Our communication went from platonic to nothing but walls and miscommunications. I had no idea who this woman was anymore. Eventually, over a misunderstanding regarding whether she loved me or not, it ended in her raping me. A month later, she would beat me while I had a panic attack. This relationship was ending bad. I lost all respect for her.

When I left and returned home to continue my studies, she left me financially stranded, where I would be homeless, jumping from hotel to hotel as my only friend in the city was married to some narcissistic psycho that I could no longer stand after the few days I stayed with them. I was constantly questioned by her family if I still loved her. I was belittled, gas-lighted, the works. Something that was so beautiful was now toxic and abusive. Arguments were regular. And eventually, when I broke up with her out of anger, I was told how abusive, horrible, and narcissistic I was. For the past 7 months I had people follow me online to state how horrible I was. After the break up, C went after my friends, taking personal journals of myself venting my frustrations and convincing them of how I was abusive towards her. She gained access to my accounts and spread these journals to mutual friends. I lost a lot of people close to me. I ended up going back to my parents just to receive a great deal of abuse. It got worse and worse. I would message C constantly out of desperation to take me back. Nothing worked and she just further used this to state how cruel, inhumane, and horrible of a person I am.

None of this made any sense. I helped her through so many issues with her life that her family didn’t know. She is now in school, for the first time after fighting with her for 3 years to build up her confidence and skill set to be able to. (When we were together, she would find every excuse not to go to school as she wasn't able to). I helped her turn her life around. When her own family didn’t want to help her, I did. I wasn’t this “monster” as many people portrayed me as. And the 7 months of stalking, my God.

I changed everything. I changed my accounts, my e-mail, my phone number. I ran to my friends for help and they took me in. I have no more connection with my family. I passed. I’m in such a better place, but I made this topic because I still feel her.

I…still…feel her. I think of her daily. I get sensations of her, or her presence. One day I actually saw a cloud formation that looked like her. I got a great deal of emotions when she left her job and got accepted at school; I got a great deal of emotions when she left her family and traveled to the country to start her studies. Non of this I knew was correlated with her until I find out weeks later after asking a mutual friend after I had no contact with C for months.

And although I’m in therapy and this is all just “the sense of loss; and grief”, I can’t help but think this is that of a twin flame connection. I have no idea what to do; and I have no idea on how to stop these random emotional states that would come about when she is about to go to sleep, or she finishes classes, or whatever. I don’t know why at certain periods of the time I get a sudden burst of emotion and begin having deep thoughts of C.

Can anyone make sense of this? A tarot card reading I had many years ago told me about C. She told me how the relationship wouldn’t last long. A more recent tarot reader pinpointed many things and also claimed I was suppose to hear from her in July/August. What I did hear was of her turning her life around but it wasn’t from her (and this happened in late August). This reader also said that in about 2 years we'll be together (this would correlate with her studies). Horary charts claim the relationship played its course; how we want to reconnect but can’t; or there is no sign of a romantic reconnection. Everything I'm told, from this to the real world conflicts. I'm conflicted and don't know what to do.

Thoughts on this? Thoughts on how to end this connection? Thoughts on how to deal with this connection? I’m lost.

Dominoo

Maybe she isn't a twin flame but rather a karmic lesson? But I have no idea what was to "learn" from this person. Her personality was absolutely destructive to my own well-being.

Starri Knytes

Look at the the original dream. Doom, gloom, plague, darkness, depression. She is a psychic vampire reaching out in hopes to find someone that will invite her in. And you did.

She fed you feelings and memories she bound herself to you until you lost all sense of self. She was NOT a twin flame. If she comes back in two yrs as the readers suggest she will do the same thing to you all over again.

The one thing you should know about a tarot readings is that you have free will, you can change what happens. The outcome doesn't have to be as predicted.

I have never in my life found myself in a position where I felt the need to say psychic vampires, but here we are.

Protect Yourself and if she comes back around Run!!

Good luck sweetie [emoji813]

Padma

I have to agree with Starri. I have had connections like this in the past, with only-friends type people, where they and I seemed to click from past lives or something - only to turn into pure disaster after a time.

Do yourself a favour, and move forward. The embryonic figure in your dreams does not deserve a real life persona. And anyways, why would you want this doom and gloom stuck-in-an-egg person for yourself? You surely must deserve better! :love:

Further, one rather feels that if your friends were truly your friends, they would have stayed by you while you were being shafted :p

I have had enemies with whom I had a psychic connection - but I still never wanted them to be my friends, and recognised them for what they were. Psychic connection does not equal love.

I really wish you luck, and some healthy love. Sounds like you really need a good, kind and caring person (and people!) in your life :heart :

Padma

Maybe she isn't a twin flame but rather a karmic lesson? But I have no idea what was to "learn" from this person. Her personality was absolutely destructive to my own well-being.

Lesson: stay away from emotionally destructive, psychic vampire type people. :heart:

If it makes you feel any better, I am sure we have all been there to some extent.

Dominoo

I greatly appreciate your responses. It has given me some clarity and some relief. Thank you.

Look at the the original dream. Doom, gloom, plague, darkness, depression. She is a psychic vampire reaching out in hopes to find someone that will invite her in. And you did.

I never thought of it that way. When she told me she used to "reach out for help" a long time ago, I just put more emphasis on the dream as if it were romantic, or a deeper soul connection. I guess you may be right in that it was more of a lure than a soul connection.

She fed you feelings and memories she bound herself to you until you lost all sense of self. She was NOT a twin flame. If she comes back in two yrs as the readers suggest she will do the same thing to you all over again.

As I reflect on our relationship, when we did finally connect, it did in fact feel like this. C was overly obsessed and sought me for all her "happiness". She always seemed lost, regardless that I loved her as who she was, but she kept ... "changing". She wasn't the same person I knew long ago, and as time went on, I progressed her further and she set me back.

It's not that she is underdeveloped? I read if the twin flames come together at the wrong time, the underdeveloped twin tends to be rather problematic. Could this also be the case? Is there a point where she may learn of her self-destructive, emotional vampire-like ways and grow past this point of her own development, or is she truly fixed in that state for the rest of her life?

Regardless of what has happened, I still love her. And at times I think that love is more of a burden and I want to let it go. I am in a constant dilemma between if we do reconnect if I should or not. And if we do, I would first hope she had sought true professional help.

When I asked her to start reaching out to her friends, family, or, more importantly, a professional, she continuously refused. This was a few months after we physically met. She just kept leaching off me for support and guidance, that she never truly followed. It became too much for me and she eventually sought someone on a site called "7-Cups", whom this woman has been the person that has been stalking me for the past 7 months, pretending to be C, or attempting to be some "life coach", etc., while sending vile messages to myself and friends about how horrible of a person I am. I also believe she may have collaborated with C in making a fake account on Facebook to accuse me of cheating when I went to an all-day paintball event.

This woman, we'll call her E, projected her past relationship onto C, by the looks of it. E would give sob stories of how she was abused by her ex, but it actually appears she was the one that emotionally abused him. Now, she seeks vengeance for losing her control by projecting these emotions onto others that she tries to find parallels between her own life and others.

Here I am, knowing of how toxic it was to be physically with her, and yet I'm still trying to defend her. It makes me sick.

The one thing you should know about a tarot readings is that you have free will, you can change what happens. The outcome doesn't have to be as predicted.

I have never in my life found myself in a position where I felt the need to say psychic vampires, but here we are.

Protect Yourself and if she comes back around Run!!

Good luck sweetie [emoji813]

There is no way of helping her, is there? If we do reconnect and she hasn't or is unwilling to seek professional help, I won't put myself in that situation again, but if there is any means that she could deal with her troubling past that may (has) contributed to her mental state, could the notion that she is some emotional vampire be dealt with?. I know there is something deeper inside her, underneath that Scorpion shell of hers, but if she can't find it within herself to help herself, I can't be the one that continues to hold her hand through life, and thus, can't put myself through that again.

I have to agree with Starri. I have had connections like this in the past, with only-friends type people, where they and I seemed to click from past lives or something - only to turn into pure disaster after a time.

I'm empathetic. I think this may also apply to the two friends that back stabbed me in the end over this relationship. It's odd to say, but I'm glad someone shares a similar experience.

Do yourself a favour, and move forward. The embryonic figure in your dreams does not deserve a real life persona. And anyways, why would you want this doom and gloom stuck-in-an-egg person for yourself? You surely must deserve better! :love:

Further, one rather feels that if your friends were truly your friends, they would have stayed by you while you were being shafted :p

Is this what you did? And, if you don't mind me asking, was the end result better? Did those emotional scars heal? Is breaking the connection between C and I just a matter of dissociation or lacking giving her any sort of attention?

I have had enemies with whom I had a psychic connection - but I still never wanted them to be my friends, and recognised them for what they were. Psychic connection does not equal love.

I really wish you luck, and some healthy love. Sounds like you really need a good, kind and caring person (and people!) in your life :heart :

Lesson: stay away from emotionally destructive, psychic vampire type people. :heart:

If it makes you feel any better, I am sure we have all been there to some extent.

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge on the subject. Thanks for the good wishes.

Almost everything about this connection seems toxic, but there was a point where it was beautiful. I think that is what keeps me hanging on and not fully moving on.

On a side note, it's awesome that I am slowly coming back to life. :)

knight_sephiroth

I agree with what the others have said. Interestingly, as I read through your story, I somehow swapped "owned" with the word "owed" (related to her then-fiance). Perhaps I sensed her odd, vampiric ownership of those closest to her, before I'd even read through the entire post.

Not all strong connections are good. Powerful, maybe. Interminable and all-consuming, often. I take your early-on dream as a guidepost that let you know you would be encountering her, and the overtone of the dream was something of a warning. It does not mean there was never true, romantic love between you, of course, but sensations that are so powerful, connections that are so strong, often seem to come along with manipulation and darkness.

Starri Knytes

I greatly appreciate your responses. It has given me some clarity and some relief. Thank you.

You're very welcome sweetie.

It's not that she is underdeveloped? I read if the twin flames come together at the wrong time, the underdeveloped twin tends to be rather problematic. Could this also be the case? Is there a point where she may learn of her self-destructive, emotional vampire-like ways and grow past this point of her own development, or is she truly fixed in that state for the rest of her life?

Does it really matter? You've wasted enough time and energy on this. You need to place as much distance between you and this person as humanly possible.

Regardless of what has happened, I still love her. And at times I think that love is more of a burden and I want to let it go. I am in a constant dilemma between if we do reconnect if I should or not. And if we do, I would first hope she had sought true professional help.

When your resolve weakens come back here and read this out loud in front of a mirror 3 times so you can see and hear how ridiculous it sounds.

When I asked her to start reaching out to her friends, family, or, more importantly, a professional, she continuously refused. This was a few months after we physically met. She just kept leaching off me for support and guidance, that she never truly followed. It became too much for me and she eventually sought someone on a site called "7-Cups", whom this woman has been the person that has been stalking me for the past 7 months, pretending to be C, or attempting to be some "life coach", etc., while sending vile messages to myself and friends about how horrible of a person I am. I also believe she may have collaborated with C in making a fake account on Facebook to accuse me of cheating when I went to an all-day paintball event.

This woman, we'll call her E, projected her past relationship onto C, by the looks of it. E would give sob stories of how she was abused by her ex, but it actually appears she was the one that emotionally abused him. Now, she seeks vengeance for losing her control by projecting these emotions onto others that she tries to find parallels between her own life and others.

Here I am, knowing of how toxic it was to be physically with her, and yet I'm still trying to defend her. It makes me sick.

This is not how love looks, this is not how love behaves, this is not how love feels.

There is no way of helping her, is there?

No there isn't. She's drama and destruction. She thrives on it. Run for your life and sanity.

If we do reconnect and she hasn't or is unwilling to seek professional help, I won't put myself in that situation again, but if there is any means that she could deal with her troubling past that may (has) contributed to her mental state, could the notion that she is some emotional vampire be dealt with?. I know there is something deeper inside her, underneath that Scorpion shell of hers, but if she can't find it within herself to help herself, I can't be the one that continues to hold her hand through life, and thus, can't put myself through that again.

You cannot save her because she doesn't want to be saved. She wants to keep you under her control and leach off of you. You're right not to put yourself through that again.

[QUOTE ]Almost everything about this connection seems toxic,[/QUOTE]

No buts. If almost everything about it was toxic there is nothing to hold onto.

On a side note, it's awesome that I am slowly coming back to life. :)

I'm so glad that you are on a healing path. No matter what they say or do don't go backwards. Keep your eyes fixed on the future and keep moving forward.

Bright and Magical Blessings [emoji813]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dominoo

Does it really matter? You've wasted enough time and energy on this. You need to place as much distance between you and this person as humanly possible.

The time with her, initially, was the best I ever had. I had a friend when I was labelled as a creep or, as my now ex-friend claims, "been losing my mind for years" (which wasn't true; I was reacting to serotonin intoxication and domestic abuse; which he even knew). I never thought I could have been happier at that time...that...short, brief time.

My friend, who is an astrology, warned me of the manipulation. C even got me to cut ties with her whenever I went to talk to her (she was also a nurse).

Fake friends, fake people; all the same. I have distance myself; but I still think of her at times. I search up old friends on social media and it lasts a couple seconds and just leaves me empty. I've changed everything. My accounts, my e-mails, all social media. I've physically distant myself from my ex-friends and completely away from my abusive family. The distance is there but I still find myself thinking of reaching back to such a toxic path.

I guess it is because that is what I am used to and it's something I need to get away from.

When your resolve weakens come back here and read this out loud in front of a mirror 3 times so you can see and hear how ridiculous it sounds.

I'm not that type of person. I'm angry, for sure, for the lengths I went and the treatment I received, but I am not a person who seeks one's misery. I believe in what is fair, or right, but I won't go out of my way to make someone's life miserable.

...I still care about her.

...I notice I'm just going to continue to contradict myself as I talk about her. I wonder when it will just sink in. She never apologized for what she did nor admitted to anything. She won't take a single ounce of responsibility for her actions.

This is not how love looks, this is not how love behaves, this is not how love feels.

You're right; you're absolutely right. I also know, just from my own history and studies just how "bad" people can become from their own troubling past. That's how I took it. But she also did not seek help like the others do. Troubled people reach out; horrible people do not.

No there isn't. She's drama and destruction. She thrives on it. Run for your life and sanity.

Covertly? She does this covertly.

You cannot save her because she doesn't want to be saved. She wants to keep you under her control and leach off of you. You're right not to put yourself through that again.

No buts. If almost everything about it was toxic there is nothing to hold onto.

...you're right.

I'm so glad that you are on a healing path. No matter what they say or do don't go backwards. Keep your eyes fixed on the future and keep moving forward.

Bright and Magical Blessings [emoji813]

Last night I saw her a lot in my dreams. They were just quick fragments reaching out to me.

Yesterday I was also in a car accident. Everyone is okay but I'm still shooken up by it. It's probably adding to my poor emotional state right now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry; but seeing this made me laugh. I appreciate that you formulated such a detailed message from the phone. (I hope that doesn't get taken out of context. I mean it as a gesture that you put in so much effort to respond. It made me happy. That's what I was trying to convey. Thank you).

Starri Knytes, thank you. This means a lot to me that you're taking your time to listen to my story and continuously give me feedback and guidance.

Just got to try and stay on this path. I was also suggested to join a group of others who were raped but I keep trying to argue against what my counselor is saying as I don't believe my case warrants taking up the time of others who more than likely had a vicious rape. But I think she is right in that I should join this group and see what they have to say first; to see if I do need the extra help or a couple of sessions so I don't walk into another relationship like this. I do see myself behaving so different these days.

Maybe it is more due to the abuse, overall. It's become so much harder to connect with women. I'm horrified by relationships now despite how I do want to pursue some people.

Such troubling times for me this year; but also so many changes.

I'm probably not making any coherent sense right now and blabbering all over place. But, I greatly appreciate this. Thank you. All of you for your input.