Inquiring about Twin Flames and moving on or removing that connection?

gregory

The time with her, initially, was the best I ever had. I had a friend when I was labelled as a creep or, as my now ex-friend claims, "been losing my mind for years" (which wasn't true; I was reacting to serotonin intoxication and domestic abuse; which he even knew). I never thought I could have been happier at that time...that...short, brief time.
Well, of course it was. This kind of vampire works like a drug pusher. Get you hooked on stuff that makes you feel good till you are totally under their control adn are - basically - addicted. Been there, done that - also with someone on line - luckily I never met them before I realised what was going on. I still miss them rather - but not enough to respond when they (still) try to make contact.

"Ex" addicts (for I am told there is no such thing !) - always wonder if one last fix would be OK; and miss the highs they got.

I don't actually believe in the twin flames thing anyway - but even if I did, I think I would have to accept also that many of them would be false twin flames.

Starri Knytes

...I notice I'm just going to continue to contradict myself as I talk about her. I wonder when it will just sink in. She never apologized for what she did nor admitted to anything. She won't take a single ounce of responsibility for her actions.

I hope you're not holding your breath!! She never will.

Covertly? She does this covertly.

Of course she does. If she acted in the open she wouldn't have snagged you.

Last night I saw her a lot in my dreams. They were just quick fragments reaching out to me.

Yesterday I was also in a car accident. Everyone is okay but I'm still shooken up by it. It's probably adding to my poor emotional state right now.

Do you not see what's happening here ^^??
So sorry to hear about your accident sweetie. Glad you are okay
You were in a vulnerable state. The perfect conditions for a psychic vampire to sneak back in. Guard your dreams. Know that that's her way in.

I'm sorry; but seeing this made me laugh. I appreciate that you formulated such a detailed message from the phone. (I hope that doesn't get taken out of context. I mean it as a gesture that you put in so much effort to respond. It made me happy. That's what I was trying to convey. Thank you).

[emoji23] It's true, I give good phone. Truth be told my posts are 99% mobile. I'm glad that fact made you smile.

Starri Knytes, thank you. This means a lot to me that you're taking your time to listen to my story and continuously give me feedback and guidance.

No worries. We all help when and where we can.

Such troubling times for me this year; but also so many changes.

I'm probably not making any coherent sense right now and blabbering all over place. But, I greatly appreciate this. Thank you. All of you for your input.

You are in control of your life. Use your mind to manifest the life that you desire.

Good luck sweetie
In love and light [emoji813]

Dominoo

Well, of course it was. This kind of vampire works like a drug pusher. Get you hooked on stuff that makes you feel good till you are totally under their control adn are - basically - addicted.

As much as I want to deny it, you're right.

My whole perception of reality is absolutely tarnished at the moment. She used to be my best friend. I used to find so much console in her during my medication issues years ago. When you admire and love someone for so many years, just for them to turn around and stab you in the back distorts reality. I've become paranoid just waiting for a message from her, or her friends, or something.

Been there, done that - also with someone on line - luckily I never met them before I realised what was going on. I still miss them rather - but not enough to respond when they (still) try to make contact.

It's still ongoing?

"Ex" addicts (for I am told there is no such thing !) - always wonder if one last fix would be OK; and miss the highs they got.

It's probably aroused by the emotional manipulation that lead to codependency. "Ex" addicts sounds to be much like those who return to abusive relationships.

I don't actually believe in the twin flames thing anyway - but even if I did, I think I would have to accept also that many of them would be false twin flames.

I'm still shocked at each other's timelines. I remember, when I was very young, I would return from my neighbours house at night after we played on the NES. The moment the door opened to my house I would just randomly start crying. Reflecting on this puts it right around the time when her parents split apart.

I don't want to think of this woman anymore. I'm tired and disgusted. She was such a huge part of my life it's hard not to see anything that reminds me of her.

I hope you're not holding your breath!! She never will.

As gregory mentioned, "'Ex' addicts". After coming here, and talking with my counselor, that thought that "maybe, just "maybe" is slowly coming to an end.

I doubt she would either. She never was one to every take responsibility for ANYTHING she did. If she did, it was on "her" terms and she would "self-punish".

I don't want an apology from her. I just want her gone. The fact that she went after my friends right after the breakup clearly dictates her character. It's virulent; and it clearly was on purpose in attempts to sabotage my character as that control freak "lost".

My psychologist informed me that the beating wouldn't have been the last. It wouldn't have been a one time thing. She would have eventually done it again in time.

When I went into detail about what she did to me to my counselor, she believed me. To hear that, from a professional...I never told my psychologist. I still need to a book a new appointment. I hope he would say something that would just end this thought of her.

To think of her as a role model for my children (if we had any)...You just can't go back to her. I don't want my kids to grow up and think her behavior is acceptable. She made claims about how I couldn't "protect her" because of my OCD (when in reality, I did, I did so when she was being harassed at work). How do I know she would have not beaten our kids? What if her step-sister had another panic attack and they were alone? Would she beat her too?

And yet I'm the monster...

No worries. We all help when and where we can.

You are in control of your life. Use your mind to manifest the life that you desire.

Good luck sweetie
In love and light [emoji813]

Thank you. All of this helps. I think I can finally put this to a rest. The rest just requires time.

This was the right place to vent. And I thank you guys for not being hostile.

..and yet I also wish I didn't disclose anything. I wish I responded to her leaving better. I should have kept my cool and went to my professionals before I did anything. Many years of therapy (while with C) and they noticed me constantly depressed and never quite speaking of her with the uplifting spirit I used to. I do feel bad for her. She had a lot of wrong done to her.

None of this is fair. (but something tells me she doesn't even care)

gregory

It's still ongoing?
Only in so far as they send occasional messages - I am always sorely tempted to respond but I don't. I have to not respond. As you have to not !

It's so easy to remember all the WOW that's AMAZING moments. And so shaming (of self) to realise that they weren't that amazing really. When I think of the coincidences in my life - for instance, just this year, when I was in a foreign country outside a church, I ran into a very nice man who - after he asked about the logo on my sweatshirt, for god's sake !!! :bugeyed: - turned out to have studied in m,y university, under the same guy as I did at the same time as I did and there were ALL SORTS of correspondences. Who knows where that might have taken me had I been young and vulnerable and had he wanted to show me how we were clearly destined etc etc etc. And how do I know it was true anyway ?

These things happen and can be USED by unscrupulous emotional vampires !

SweetSiren

I don't know if this is breaking forum rules as my answer is not spiritual in nature, but I can't look at someone going through this and not say something.

I believe that when we feel a strong, emotional connection to someone that we feel we need around, we are actually trying to fill a lack we think we have. That's how "vampires" work their way into our lives and cause a lot of damage. They're getting the best of the vulnerable parts of our psyche.

And I highly recommend reading more about relationships from a psychology perspective. Get back in touch with that knowledge. Strong emotions are a first red flag for an unhealthy, codependent relationship. And by strong, I mean the kind you described, where you feel very drawn to someone and feel intense admiration.

I like spiritual knowledge, but please don't disregard knowledge we have about relationships that are more scientific in nature. The relationship is clearly unhealthy and holding onto the belief that you guys are twin flames might be keeping you from the healing that you need.

SweetSiren

To make you feel less alone, I've experienced a very similar thing. We met online when we were just kids and wrote pretty often. We seemed to understand each other quite well and I considered him a very good friend. He had a way about him, of writing things that truly resonated with me.

We met after ten years and I never felt more comfortable with anyone. We just seemed to fit. But he didn't really understand what it meant to care for each other and to be stable. It's like overnight, he didn't care about me at all, like ten years was a waste. And he did some very odd things that I felt were sickly manipulative.

I hadn't talked to him in years and just a few months ago I had a great feeling of sadness, as if he had just been broken up with. I went to his Facebook and saw that the relationship he left me for had recently ended. It was so damn bizarre. This was long after I did all the "cord cutting" I could think of.

So, now I'm just at this point of accepting that I have a connection with this person. That doesn't necessarily mean I have to do anything about it. I've just decided to stop fighting it and it gives me less anguish. I've also given up the idea that this connection means we need to be partnered or we need to be together to do whatever it is we need to do. I've come to see it as a less romantic thing and more of a Harry Potter- Voldemort connection. Because this friend of mine turned out to be a pretty rude and nasty person.

Dominoo

Thanks for your input SweetSiren. I've been going through a lot of changes through therapy lately. I may need to get a counselor specifically for the grief from this relationship.

I ended up forgiving her. She was not overly harsh; and although how poorly I was treated, I had my play in this as well. I sent her, an old friend, and her mother and family an apology for the problems from my side.

I doubt they would bother to read it but I did the mature thing to do and apologize for my wrongs.

Honestly, I do hope one day our paths would meet again. C was very troubled. Her insecurities got the best of her and the distance was hard. I didn't make it easier either after awhile. Counseling helped me realize her troubles as well...troubles I noticed before and tried to help her until I was boggled down with school and my own issues.

I don't think she is a false twin flame. I just think she was troubled. Her actions were to control the thoughts she had in her mind from her troubles. I no longer hold them against her.

Anyways, thanks for the input. It helped me cope.

CosmicBeing

I didn't read the whole thread in addition..I never got into this side of spirituality.

But I have been in relationships where I invested a lot in or had a very very huge disappointment.

The best way I got over those was find the blessing of being out of the relationship. It can be something simple...like not having to deal with conflict management that happens in inter-personal relationships. Having free time. Reconnecting with yourself.

Really find the blah of the relationship and everyday say "I am happy I no longer have to deal with [fill in the blank]"....If the person comes back into your life you know what you didn't truly care for the relationship and if this is a situation you want to enter back into.

I have read some things about twin flames...and just because you are that (if that is how you have identified it at this point)...they all don't equal marriage and a romantic relationship. They sometimes just end up as your best friend.

Anyway just an outsider's two cent.