Can't 'feel' crystals?

uraszz

Hello

This is my first time posting in the crystals section of the forum

My interest in crystals actually predates my interest in any type of divination so that's why I'm actually baffled as to why I can't feel the energies of crystals and gemstones

Everyone who actively uses crystals talks about their benefits and how specific crystals affect them and I'm like "whaaa? how?"

The only thing that I've felt in my gut that's crystal related is the fact that my Mary-El Tarot really wanted a black crystal of some sort to work with because the energy of the deck is so intense it can really scatter (me) about, so, I bought a Black Tourmaline yesterday and they 'vibe' together, so to speak, very harmoniously so I'm happy

Plus I also got this massive headache which I've read people report when they're working with Black Tourmaline for the first time, though, my headache could've also been because of sleep deprivation lol

Have you had any experience similair to this? If so how'd you remedy and/or get over it? Or is it just a personal thing because I'd totally understand if one thing is meant for someone and one thing isn't. I've seen this repeated in Tarot for many many years. Not everyone's meant to go very in depth (and maybe they don't need to) or not everyone's meant to use Tarot but instead they use, say Lenormand or Oracle decks etc

I'd appreciate any feedback on this situation

Sincerely

-uraszz

AnemoneRosie

I can't "feel" crystals either.
I think that it's because when I read I really just hear the cards talking to me. Crystals don't "talk" to me the way that cards do.

linnie

Hello in there :) Crystals don't give me messages, as some tarot or oracle images do... they don't act as springboards for my intuition, but they very clearly "buzz" in my hand, so that i feel a certain tingle when I pick up the one to bring home... they also kind of shine more brightly when they believe they'll be the most beneficial for a situation (not tarot reading, but healing, gifting, anything...)... they are usually subtle, but on some occasions I get a really zappy energy from them that kind of trills... they're really powerful ones, usually. :)

SilverCloudedWolf

Hi,

Please don't worry about it, just because you don't get an obvious reaction doesn't mean your not feeling or benefiting from the crystals. I very rarely get an active feel from any crystal, but sometimes I'll get a random thought like "Oh I should make sure I grab x stone before I leave." My reaction to crystals is more in my head - thoughts or feelings that come from nowhere, or in my gut, like an instinct. Sometimes I'll notice with hindsight that a particular crystal had an effect on me, perhaps I coped better with a stressful event and the only thing different was the crystal I was wearing, and other things like that.

There's more about it on this web page which is a good site for all kinds of crystal information, and it also lists some exercises to help develop your sensing of crystals:

https://www.healingcrystals.com/I_can_t_feel_my_crystals._Help_please__Articles_1948.html

Padma

Some people get it right away, for others it can take time. I feel crystals sharply and strongly, but I have felt a pull to stones of any kind since I was a very small child.

I have a niece who can feel nothing from smaller stones, but if she holds a great big hunk of crystal (larger than her hands) can finally "get" the energy.

Sometimes it takes a particular stone to awaken your understanding of how they speak.

And in conclusion, even if you don't ever get physical buzz from them, or "get" how they work, they will still be able to work with you and help you! Understanding is not required - just let them choose you, and let them do their thing ;)

Here is another good link for looking up crystals and meanings.

https://www.crystalvaults.com/guides-crystals

Apollonia

Hello

This is my first time posting in the crystals section of the forum

My interest in crystals actually predates my interest in any type of divination so that's why I'm actually baffled as to why I can't feel the energies of crystals and gemstones

Everyone who actively uses crystals talks about their benefits and how specific crystals affect them and I'm like "whaaa? how?"

The only thing that I've felt in my gut that's crystal related is the fact that my Mary-El Tarot really wanted a black crystal of some sort to work with because the energy of the deck is so intense it can really scatter (me) about, so, I bought a Black Tourmaline yesterday and they 'vibe' together, so to speak, very harmoniously so I'm happy

Plus I also got this massive headache which I've read people report when they're working with Black Tourmaline for the first time, though, my headache could've also been because of sleep deprivation lol

Have you had any experience similair to this? If so how'd you remedy and/or get over it? Or is it just a personal thing because I'd totally understand if one thing is meant for someone and one thing isn't. I've seen this repeated in Tarot for many many years. Not everyone's meant to go very in depth (and maybe they don't need to) or not everyone's meant to use Tarot but instead they use, say Lenormand or Oracle decks etc

I'd appreciate any feedback on this situation

Sincerely

-uraszz
I used to think I couldn't feel crystals, either, because I couldn't feel their energy with my hands. But by accident, I found that if I lie down in a darkened room and put the crystal on my Third Eye, I can feel a deep connection on several levels, starting with a feeling that I am inside the crystalline structure of that individual stone, and continuing on to getting a feel for its energy and receiving messages.

Shamanic journeying is another way I have been able to connect deeply with crystals.

Actually, the only time I can recall getting a strong feeling from a stone with my hands was when I put them on this absolutely gigantic piece of Puddingstone when I was on vacation in Ontario. I could feel this tingling sensation, and I got so excited!

uraszz

I can't "feel" crystals either.
I think that it's because when I read I really just hear the cards talking to me. Crystals don't "talk" to me the way that cards do.

Oh lol I wasn't talking about reading, I was talking about the energies of crystals. Thank you!

-uraszz

uraszz

Hello in there :) Crystals don't give me messages, as some tarot or oracle images do... they don't act as springboards for my intuition, but they very clearly "buzz" in my hand, so that i feel a certain tingle when I pick up the one to bring home... they also kind of shine more brightly when they believe they'll be the most beneficial for a situation (not tarot reading, but healing, gifting, anything...)... they are usually subtle, but on some occasions I get a really zappy energy from them that kind of trills... they're really powerful ones, usually. :)

When I was talking about feeling I was talking about the energies of the crystals, not certain messages or not lol Getting that "buzzing" feeling is interesting and one I've only felt with that black tourmaline I was talking about. I think it was a good choice on my part

-uraszz

uraszz

Hi,

Please don't worry about it, just because you don't get an obvious reaction doesn't mean your not feeling or benefiting from the crystals. I very rarely get an active feel from any crystal, but sometimes I'll get a random thought like "Oh I should make sure I grab x stone before I leave." My reaction to crystals is more in my head - thoughts or feelings that come from nowhere, or in my gut, like an instinct. Sometimes I'll notice with hindsight that a particular crystal had an effect on me, perhaps I coped better with a stressful event and the only thing different was the crystal I was wearing, and other things like that.

There's more about it on this web page which is a good site for all kinds of crystal information, and it also lists some exercises to help develop your sensing of crystals:

https://www.healingcrystals.com/I_can_t_feel_my_crystals._Help_please__Articles_1948.html

The link was very helpful thank you very much!

I have hempohilia and sometimes I go all BigPharma conspiracy theorist on the medication I take and it's effectivity and although sometimes I doubt it'll work, it does. So I think crystals are like that too, even if I don't think they'll work, they do. I should keep this in mind

-uraszz

uraszz

Some people get it right away, for others it can take time. I feel crystals sharply and strongly, but I have felt a pull to stones of any kind since I was a very small child.

I have a niece who can feel nothing from smaller stones, but if she holds a great big hunk of crystal (larger than her hands) can finally "get" the energy.

Sometimes it takes a particular stone to awaken your understanding of how they speak.

And in conclusion, even if you don't ever get physical buzz from them, or "get" how they work, they will still be able to work with you and help you! Understanding is not required - just let them choose you, and let them do their thing ;)

Here is another good link for looking up crystals and meanings.

https://www.crystalvaults.com/guides-crystals

Thank you for the link!

I think I've found the stone that really connects and 'vibes' with me; Black Tourmaline. It's very powerful and I really get a physical reaction from it. There's a lot of things I'm going through right now (I remember you from my Mary-El post and want to thank you again here) spiritually and physically so I don't think it's a coincidence that I came to work with this particular stone. I only knew that my deck needed a black stone of some sort but I didn't know which particular stone it needed. When I went into the crytal shop, I looked around for some time, touching various stones, trying to feel them and then I saw the Black Tourmaline and I said "that's the stone I need" but I didn't touch it or anything, it was just a gut feeling

Nevertheless I'm happy it's in my life right now

Thank you very much

-uraszz