law of attraction problems

Zephyros

Moderator note:

Lets keep in mind that this is the Spirituality forum and that here, more than anywhere else on Aeclectic, different beliefs are respected and we do take that very seriously. The question asked was advice about a certain belief and that is what this thread is about. Anyone who wishes to discuss the merits of that specific belief may open a dedicated thread to that end.

A number of posts have been removed. Please keep the conversation on topic and true to the spirit of the forum.

Inana

i'm trying really hard to be positive but the more i try the more difficulties life throws at me....

This sentence has draw my attention... I'm not a big follower of the law of attraction, but I think being positive and visualizing what we want to achieve, usually helps a lot.

Notice you say you are "trying", so you are not really feeling that positive inside. Be like Yoda "Do or do not. There is no try." ;) Just do or think about something that makes you feel positive: a song, a person, smile to yourself in the mirror. There is a big difference between trying to be positive and being positive.

The other thing is you are not only trying it, but trying it very hard. By trying something really hard, in my experience one uses to get the oposite effect or result. This is because one is not feeling relaxed and comfortable. What you are projecting when you try something very hard is the need, not the confidence. I don't know if I explain myself very well. Hope you understand what I mean. :)

GotH

i'm trying really hard to be positive but the more i try the more difficulties life throws at me....

what am i doing wrong?
I'm a believer in the Laws of Attraction as I've been studying this by trial and error for about 10 years now. Personally I feel like I have the base understanding of how it works and I'll say that it does work. You attract more and more of what you feel so... It all comes down to what you are TRULY feeling inside. If you are *trying* to be positive but you aren't really feeling positive deep down, it's just not gonna work for you. So the point is to TRULY FEEL the intended emotion FIRST which can be easier said than done.

So how do you feel something you don't? I say by hypnosis. You must reprogram your feelings as well as your thinking. Through the use of self hypnosis, I managed to change my perception of the world in many ways. I used to be extremely negative but through practice, I've managed to reset my beliefs, which effected my feelings, which in turn effected my thoughts, which in turn changed what I attract to myself. :) This can be done.

That's the first step. Once you reprogram your beliefs, you'll automatically begin to draw more of it to you.

Good luck!

Tigerangel

i'm trying to figure out why the law of attraction is not working for me, and not only is it not working but it's having major negative effects on my life.

i'm trying to be positive, find things that make me happy, do affirmations, think about what i'd like, avoid thinking about negative things, etc

but it's not working.
one morning i woke up and said today life is going to be good, i was feeling good and by the end of the day i almost ended up in a shelter.

i've been trying to attract a good relationship, and i've been practising self love, believing that someone is on their way etc...and the guys that keep coming into my life are not at all who i want. they're all players and egotistical liars.

what am i doing wrong?

What are doing wrong?..... Answer...nothing, What isn't helping? Soon as I seen you wrote I'm avoiding negative things, that put a red flag up, the more you avoid negative thinking the more negative vibration comes to you, and I've learned that the hard way, just as you are just now, I finally gave in and said ok so bad situation is here what's my lesson and where do I find the good from it and just accept it as it is.

I can only go by what has been working for me, I have also been listening to Abraham Hicks and the one conclusion I've came to is that it's our emotions that effect our vibration, so far things are manifesting for me quite quickly and the only thing I can think of that I've done is accept that I can't always be positive about everything, things go wrong, so it affects our vibration and the more we try to stay positive when we are not, just brings more of the things your trying to avoid.

So I've accepted I need to acknowledge if I'm unhappy with something or someone then understand the deeper meaning of why I'm feeling that way allow myself to have those feelings, then think of something that makes me happy if I find myself falling back into that negative space, lately the thing that puts me in good place is visualising elephants dressed up in cowboy boots and hats line dancing ( long story how that visualisation came about, but it works for me lol)

Best example of my manifesting lately is I've attracted a new man I'm dating who really adores me and we feel like old friends, I had finally decided that I was happy being single, and I actually am, but then bam there he's was just out of the blue.
And the second thing that has happened is me winning a small amount of money on a weekly bonus ball syndicate that my niece runs, it has been a rollover for the last 3 weeks, and I checked the numbers last night and I've won, this money will enable me to now pay for a spiritual retreat that my shamanic teacher has invited me to attend in February, I also won the bonus ball 4 weeks ago aswell, in-between all this manifesting I have had my dad nearly die, a washing machine completely pack up on me, stress at work, but I choose to accept these things happen and look for the silver lining then just think of something simple that makes me happy, for some it may be watching a sunset, taking a walk, reading a book, watching your favourite film etc. But for me those line dancing elephants always put me back in a good emotional vibration.

So this is what's been working for me so hopefully you can find some comfort in knowing although your going through some bad stuff the good stuff is still sitting there in your vibrational bank just waiting for the right time to manifest into the physical.

avalonian

What are doing wrong?..... Answer...nothing, What isn't helping? Soon as I seen you wrote I'm avoiding negative things, that put a red flag up, the more you avoid negative thinking the more negative vibration comes to you, and I've learned that the hard way, just as you are just now, I finally gave in and said ok so bad situation is here what's my lesson and where do I find the good from it and just accept it as it is.

I can only go by what has been working for me, I have also been listening to Abraham Hicks and the one conclusion I've came to is that it's our emotions that effect our vibration, so far things are manifesting for me quite quickly and the only thing I can think of that I've done is accept that I can't always be positive about everything, things go wrong, so it affects our vibration and the more we try to stay positive when we are not, just brings more of the things your trying to avoid.

So I've accepted I need to acknowledge if I'm unhappy with something or someone then understand the deeper meaning of why I'm feeling that way allow myself to have those feelings, then think of something that makes me happy if I find myself falling back into that negative space, lately the thing that puts me in good place is visualising elephants dressed up in cowboy boots and hats line dancing ( long story how that visualisation came about, but it works for me lol)

Best example of my manifesting lately is I've attracted a new man I'm dating who really adores me and we feel like old friends, I had finally decided that I was happy being single, and I actually am, but then bam there he's was just out of the blue.
And the second thing that has happened is me winning a small amount of money on a weekly bonus ball syndicate that my niece runs, it has been a rollover for the last 3 weeks, and I checked the numbers last night and I've won, this money will enable me to now pay for a spiritual retreat that my shamanic teacher has invited me to attend in February, I also won the bonus ball 4 weeks ago aswell, in-between all this manifesting I have had my dad nearly die, a washing machine completely pack up on me, stress at work, but I choose to accept these things happen and look for the silver lining then just think of something simple that makes me happy, for some it may be watching a sunset, taking a walk, reading a book, watching your favourite film etc. But for me those line dancing elephants always put me back in a good emotional vibration.

So this is what's been working for me so hopefully you can find some comfort in knowing although your going through some bad stuff the good stuff is still sitting there in your vibrational bank just waiting for the right time to manifest into the physical.

Brilliantly explained. :)
The thought that came to me when I read your post was one of the quotes (or maybe its an affirmation?) from Abraham Hicks: "I am where I am and it's okay", because when we can accept the situation we stop resisting it and by stopping the resistance we move from that place to one that feels better, and that raises our vibration.

One day last week I was having "one of those days" at work, and I could feel my mood sinking, then I happened to glance out of the window and saw the most amazing clouds over the buildings, the sun was setting and the clouds were purple and orange, and in that moment I found relief from the negative thoughts - not because I was ignoring them, but because my attention had shifted away from them.

:)

Tigerangel

Brilliantly explained. :)
The thought that came to me when I read your post was one of the quotes (or maybe its an affirmation?) from Abraham Hicks: "I am where I am and it's okay", because when we can accept the situation we stop resisting it and by stopping the resistance we move from that place to one that feels better, and that raises our vibration.

One day last week I was having "one of those days" at work, and I could feel my mood sinking, then I happened to glance out of the window and saw the most amazing clouds over the buildings, the sun was setting and the clouds were purple and orange, and in that moment I found relief from the negative thoughts - not because I was ignoring them, but because my attention had shifted away from them.

:)

Yes that's a really good example of how you can take yourself out of that negative space and into a positive one, and it's just a really simple thing to do.