Question for Spanish or Portuguese AT friends - Dream symbol meaning ?

bluelagune

Thank you for responding to my post. I'm curious to know if any of you see more into a word meaning: "Santiago". I've looked through Google search results but nothing out of ordinary: city, boys name, etc...

Here is my dream:
I walked up to a store and a woman in a blue dress/coat standing in the rain. She is lamenting as I think someone threw he out of the store. So I invite her into my house for dinner and we talk. I ask her name and she sais: "Santiago" and I think how ode for a woman. So I'm telling her I met a guy by that name and in my culture it means Alexander. Which probably completely off but for some reason I tell her that. So I walk to the bathroom and when I return, I see her walking right through the door. Not just teleporting but merging with and going through the door. She laughed and I knew she did something bad. I looked at my purse into my wallet and all the cards on my right side were gone. She stole it! But as I look into my purse I also find two watches, beautiful and expansive that she did not take. One had a damage but the other one was fine.

Ladye'description:
She almost dressed like this but the dress was blue and her ethnicity was creole.
https://mimimatthews.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/mrs-thomas-linley-by-james-lonsdale-1820.jpg

My question: does anyone know this lady from folklore? Old grandma stories? Anything rings a bell?

Thank you.

Inana

Hi Bluelagune!

I'm afraid I can't help much. I'm not familiar with this woman or any other in the folkore that resembles her... But you are right, Santiago is the same as James, Jacob or Tiago, but not Alexander. There is a feminine version of the name, Santiaga, but is not very usual, at least not in Spain.

Other than that you have all the info related to the city of Santiago de Compostela and the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route. Which you already found.

What I find interesting about your dream are the two watches. One is damaged and the other not. Is like if time has been stopped for you in some sense or some areas of your life but is still running as usual for the rest. Don't know if this makes any sense. Just something that came to mind when reading your post.

bluelagune

Hi Bluelagune!

I'm afraid I can't help much. I'm not familiar with this woman or any other in the folkore that resembles her... But you are right, Santiago is the same as James, Jacob or Tiago, but not Alexander. There is a feminine version of the name, Santiaga, but is not very usual, at least not in Spain.

Thank you. :)
Any direction with this dream is appriciated. In the dream, I was so sure of what I was telling her but when I woke up I was very surprised at the discussion. The only thing I could think of was we had a family friend from Cuba named Santiago but everyone called him Sanya or Sasha which is a short form of Alexander. Maybe she is somehow related to Cuba?

Other than that you have all the info related to the city of Santiago de Compostela and the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route. Which you already found.

I did read about the City, the pilgrimage, the Witch trials...
The only thing remotly links things is "the wrongly accused" and the item that she took out of my wallet.

What I find interesting about your dream are the two watches. One is damaged and the other not. Is like if time has been stopped for you in some sense or some areas of your life but is still running as usual for the rest. Don't know if this makes any sense. Just something that came to mind when reading your post.
Yes, I thought about all of the elements in my dream. From my notes I took the day I had a dream, there was note that I no longer knew what to do. I one part of my life I feel in standstill and I'm waiting for a door to open or see a signal but I'm seeing nothing. I also looked at what she stole: 1. Driver licence from another country (I don't live there anymore and it expired but I only carry it because I like the picture) 2. Coffee shop reward card 3. Book store rewards card 4. My internal passport ID card. It like she took my Identifications (one does not exist and one still valid) but the rest are just kinda useless rewards. I don't use them often.

Thank you for helping. :)

blue_fusion

This probably would not help, but the two watches reminded me of the two facets of time in Greek philosophy - Kronos and Kairos. One dealt with measured time, the other with timing.

bluelagune

This probably would not help, but the two watches reminded me of the two facets of time in Greek philosophy - Kronos and Kairos. One dealt with measured time, the other with timing.
Thank you! Yes, the items she stole 3 out of 4 where Kairos. Well at least I hope the 4 is Kronos. I did look it up: Kronos is time measurement and Kairos are moments in time. So far items she stole 1. Was worthless Kairos in time. 2&3 looks like a "help" in Kronos but it is a lie. There are times in my life that looked like IT but were an absolute waist of my life that was ment to serve humanity.