Why Would Dream be so positive???

Bonny

Hi there,

I don't know why my subconscious would throw me dreams about good times with C when I feel so down about him.

Yesterday, a few things happened (nothing big, but small slights) that left me feeling extremely disconnected from c, a man who I have been in rship with then estranged from (his ex wife still has her claws into him due to the children) and who I work with.

Of all times, why would I dream of the fulfilment of my dreams re him right when I felt most damaged by and desolate regarding our rship????

The dream was vivid, in colour, his hair was so black and thick (it is usually but not that thick) and his manner and closeness to me was so constant and everything I wanted.

This was the dream (it was a lot more but I couldn't recall all of it as I tried to put it in words):
I was going to a family get together and c turned up, coming with me. He was same as he is now except a bit thicker through the chest. We went to all these places as a couple. He was on my side so that anything that was happening he was sitting with me and everyone was impressed.

BrightEye

Wish fulfilment is part of the purpose of dreams according to Freud. Perhaps your unconscious played out what you wish for?

zhadee

This was the dream (it was a lot more but I couldn't recall all of it as I tried to put it in words):
I was going to a family get together and c turned up, coming with me. He was same as he is now except a bit thicker through the chest. We went to all these places as a couple. He was on my side so that anything that was happening he was sitting with me and everyone was impressed.

hi B :)
The dream fulfils the wish, so your dream reflects on how you wish him to behave. If you cannot be with him in reality, your dreams take care of it.

BrightEye

hi B :)
The dream fulfils the wish, so your dream reflects on how you wish him to behave. If you cannot be with him in reality, your dreams take care of it.

Which is what I meant but didn't explain as well...

Bonny

Thanks BrightEye and Zhadee,

Wish? Gosh I would have thought this was all so fanciful and fickle but my inner self must see wishes as part of my health??
I felt so good, it was like all this serotonin was released and then when I woke up it was like 'oh!'

Ok, well that's hrlpful then. Thanks! One way our bodies speak to us about ourselves I guess.

Thanks for your replies x

bluelagune

Do you remember the details or other objects that cught your attention?

Bonny

Do you remember the details or other objects that cught your attention?

Thanks B,

I just remember everything was new . All the objects. That we were sitting in a stage for our meal in a country hall. Sorry I tried to recall other details but they escaped my recollection ... Thanks !!! B :)

bluelagune

Thanks B,

I just remember everything was new . All the objects. That we were sitting in a stage for our meal in a country hall. Sorry I tried to recall other details but they escaped my recollection ... Thanks !!! B :)

If I may, make a suggestion. Positive dreams are good. They are like fresh water over your feet but in order not to step into the same old dirt again, remember what you stepped into in order to avoid it. Hope it makes sence. So the small things would be you walking with him happily and there is a cute cat between your feet. "Oh how cute you think"... wrong. Cat represents a female who is between you. So pay attention.

Bonny

If I may, make a suggestion. Positive dreams are good. They are like fresh water over your feet but in order not to step into the same old dirt again, remember what you stepped into in order to avoid it. Hope it makes sence. So the small things would be you walking with him happily and there is a cute cat between your feet. "Oh how cute you think"... wrong. Cat represents a female who is between you. So pay attention.

Thanks B!

Very interesting flag as to dream analysis!!

No there weren't any inferences that were showing exceot for a sense of the family events being a stage for some kind of performance or impression. So maybe that's a message to work with... To kick that notion into the other hemisphere or something so I can let a rship be what it is.

Thank-you muchly!