Dream about Dolphins

Bonny

Dreamt about Dolphins

It is a hazy recollection I have, but in my dream last night, there was an appointment I had in another town.

In preparations for this, I picked out two Dolphins from the sea & was intent on taking them with me, forgetting that they needed water around them to survive. I was exceedingly distressed about this. A friend offered to put the two Dolphins down the back of her shirt. She picked them up (they were only skinny Dolphins, like baby ones and they were furry) and she placed them on her back between her skin and her big shirt. (She is a very thin girl so this seemed to work somewhat). The Dolphins layer there, one on top of the other for the entire day, happily and well.

Eventually, after our travels, I saw a port and placed them back in and they swam off.

I don really have any glimpses of insight on what Dolphins mean in dreams but I do know that today every time it/they reach my consciousness I feel blessed. I feel surrounded in the blue mist of their peace & nurturing.
The friend is someone I don't know well but who is becoming closer, a peer in my academic work.
She is utterly reliable and this seemed to be conveyed by her role in my dream.

So overall it seems to be a gift from the Nature Devas (I live next to the ocean), they might have heard my call (??) - a gift of accompaniment and reminder of the impossible being possible, not to fret, but to 'go with it' in life.

Any other suggestions?

Blessings,

Bonny

BrightEye

It sounds to me as though the dolphins are an answer to your prayer to the ocean. Perhaps they are a new spirit guide that is being sent to you. Think about it, especially if thinking of them touches you now in a mysterious way. I am like that with horses and birds.

It will help to know what you personally associate with dolphins. I know they are very intelligent and very close to us humans in how they relate to each other. They have been known to rescue people from drowning and shark attacks. They understand us, I think, in a very sophisticated way.

decan

I think most of our dreams contain personal symbols and meanings, and so most of the time someone else can have some difficulties to understand them.

Concerning Dolphins as spirit guides, this reminds me of my Beasts of Albion deck; it's a good deck with regard to spiritual guidance with animals, but not a great deck as oracle, therefore I don't use it.
Well, for dolphins key-words are: empathy, sensitivity, compassion, intelligence, playfulness, joy, gregariousness, helpfulness, communication, intuition, emotions, openess

"the Dolphin guides you through the surface emotions down into the deeper levels of the self. I teaches expression of the emotions of the spirit, in joy and compassion for the world around you."

Bonny

Hi Brighteye and Decan,

I sincerely appreciate your wonderful suggestions and reflections about my dolphin dream. I am going to take some more time to chew over the reflections you have offered.
BE, it is likely to be an answer to a prayer to the Ocean. I associate healing with dolphins first and foremost , then friendliness. It's that soothing blue energy that keeps coming back to me though. And I feel that spiritually .
Decan, thank you for the note about symbols having personal meanings. These Dolphins were very furry ... Isn't that funny! ... Very interesting that there were two. The man 'in my life' has two children. My mother used to carry us on our back sometimes, if we were sick etc, to get to the lounge room to watch cartoons. They were young Dolphins. That's pretty idiosyncratic eh?
C's children are under a lot of stress right now, and kids in middle of divorces feel it at Xmas. Maybe it could be that. Maybe spiritually they are connecting with me a little bit??? Hmm this is mystifying.

Thanks very much for copying out thise awesome terms that are from the oracle.

They are surprisingly what I feel a lot of in my sphere these days.

Thank you both!

Bonny :)