Cathar Tarot

HighPriestess

I just bought this, I'm skeptical that the information in the book will be accurate (I studied various gnostic traditions in university) but it's the closest thing to a true Gnostic Tarot.

Achlys

Well, I'll see myself off to the toadies thread...

Nemia

Well, I'll see myself off to the toadies thread...

Just don't tell anyone over there that you saw me here... pleeease... they won't let me in again! [frantic whisper]

Michellehihi

Just don't tell anyone over there that you saw me here... pleeease... they won't let me in again! [frantic whisper]

I saw you Nemia, you can't hide!!!

Padma

I'm going to have to get this. Thanks, Le Fanu for bringing it to our attention. :)

Thanks also to Imno70 (hope I got that right!) for providing the link to the unboxing video. Gorgeous, gorgeous deck.

And...purchased. :)

Genna

I just bought this, I'm skeptical that the information in the book will be accurate (I studied various gnostic traditions in university) but it's the closest thing to a true Gnostic Tarot.

Yes, I´m so glad I got this one.
I bought "The Tarot of the Saints" by Robert Place (2001), but I didn´t get so much information about gnosticism out of it´s book "The Gnostic Book of Saints". (There was some good information about the saints (they were only on the Majors), though.) I love this book and deck so far.
I think the interpretations and information given in the book works well in my spreads, so far. Would love to know what you think. And wrote what you thought about the information in the book.

nisaba

Mine arrived yesterday.

John Matthews seems to be moving towards Christian-orientated decks, what with this and the Grail.

The cardstock is thicker than usual, and heaviy laminated - I don't mind decks that feel substantial in the hand. The box setup makes it tempting to keep it and its companion-book in the original book instead of separating them (book on bookshelf, deck in collection) as I prefer to do, but the box is so well-made that it would almost be a crime to throw it away, unlike every other boxed-set's box I've ever seen.

I find the artwork pleasing but niot quite delightful, and the deck seems very useable - it does its job. As to any other comments I might make, I really need to revise my long-forgotten knowledge of the Cathars, their history and beliefs, before I make any judgements.

I'm happy it's here.

Denever

The box would be great if I didn't have to struggle so much to get it out of the sleeve. It's so tight that I was barely able to do it once so that I could remove the deck and book. I like the deck and would like to like the box but, alas, it's virtually useless.

gregory

:?:

Mine has a pull ribbon.... If yours doesn't - get a good strong ribbon and lay that in before sliding the stuff in - then you can easily pull it out.

nisaba

:?:

Mine has a pull ribbon....

So did mine, and it wasn't all that tight. I have wrist pain, too, so I wouldn't enjoy opening a deck that was overly tight and that would be a mark against the box.