Decayed Mouse out of nowhere

mercuryempress

Good morning

I woke up this morning and there was a decayed mouse at my bedroom door.
I live with my young daughter and we don't usually have mice
This mice was also very well decayed and my bedroom is not in traffic area of the house

Any suggestions as to what this could be ?
I don't have enough friends to have enemies nor am I dating anyone's husband
Is a decayed mouse just a decayed mouse?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Emily

Do you have a cat or dog that could have brought it in from outside? Could you have/anyone else brought it in, caught on shoes? Also have you been doing anything or carrying anything that this dead mouse could have fallen out of.

You might never find out where it came from, sometimes things just happen. :)

Laurelle

It was in your bedroom door or outside your house?

eek...

I had a bat fly into my apartment through the kitchen exhaust. It was a bad omen. I had much misfortune soon after.....

Does anyone have a key to your apartment? Do you bolt lock your door or chain your door at night?

mercuryempress

Do you have a cat or dog that could have brought it in from outside? Could you have/anyone else brought it in, caught on shoes? Also have you been doing anything or carrying anything that this dead mouse could have fallen out of.

You might never find out where it came from, sometimes things just happen. :)

I don't have any animals..I do have a closet by my bedroom where I house my towels and things...it is very possible but I'm super observant I think I would have noticed it before I went to bed

It was in your bedroom door or outside your house?

eek...

I had a bat fly into my apartment through the kitchen exhaust. It was a bad omen. I had much misfortune soon after.....

Does anyone have a key to your apartment? Do you bolt lock your door or chain your door at night?

SUPER EEK

it was totally just right in front of my bedroom door lolol I was so grossed out
it just seem to have come out of the blue..

hmmm intuitively I don't feel any fear about it but it was very strange and I was curious for opinions

thank you so much ladies I appreciate you taking the time out to respond
please enjoy the rest of the week and have a happy new year

Tanga

IMO not an omen. :)
It was a dead decaying mouse. That's it. Sometimes you'd be surprised how things get around.

...I had a bat fly into my apartment through the kitchen exhaust. It was a bad omen. I had much misfortune soon after.....

Threw the kitchen exhaust? - poor thing...
I grew up with bats regularly flying into our house, or nesting overnight in the garage.
Cute little things. Except that they do carry rabies where I lived so...
If they got into the house (we'd keep the small top windows open) I would always race to try and catch them in a basket and get them out again - before my father came along to kill them with a broom. :)

But I grew up in the wild - and appreciate all nature - even the most horrid monsters of it all.

AnemoneRosie

The house that I grew up in had a horrendous mouse infestation in my childhood. We were finding desiccated mice (we'd poisoned them with warfarin) for the next decade as the house slowly shifted. They'd just sort of surface.
How long have you been in this house for?

I found two (dead) baby mice this morning, as I got up. And my cat was very proud of himself! Sometimes it's not an omen, other than that the house mice have had babies again.

VGimlet

Long after our cat was gone we found a desiccated shrew in the kitchen. I think it had finally gotten light enough for a breeze or passing dog to waft it out from under the stove...

banbha

Good morning

I woke up this morning and there was a decayed mouse at my bedroom door.
I live with my young daughter and we don't usually have mice
This mice was also very well decayed and my bedroom is not in traffic area of the house

Any suggestions as to what this could be ?
I don't have enough friends to have enemies nor am I dating anyone's husband
Is a decayed mouse just a decayed mouse?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Could have dropped out of a box or a bag you were carrying to or from your bedroom? Once I unknowingly carried in a decayed mouse from a bag I bought from our storage room and it got into the couch!

I know of someone who found a dead mouse in her handbag while at the supermarket checkout (a present from her cat).

mercuryempress

IMO not an omen. :)
It was a dead decaying mouse. That's it. Sometimes you'd be surprised how things get around.

Threw the kitchen exhaust? - poor thing...
I grew up with bats regularly flying into our house, or nesting overnight in the garage.
Cute little things. Except that they do carry rabies where I lived so...
If they got into the house (we'd keep the small top windows open) I would always race to try and catch them in a basket and get them out again - before my father came along to kill them with a broom. :)

But I grew up in the wild - and appreciate all nature - even the most horrid monsters of it all.

The house that I grew up in had a horrendous mouse infestation in my childhood. We were finding desiccated mice (we'd poisoned them with warfarin) for the next decade as the house slowly shifted. They'd just sort of surface.
How long have you been in this house for?

I found two (dead) baby mice this morning, as I got up. And my cat was very proud of himself! Sometimes it's not an omen, other than that the house mice have had babies again.

Long after our cat was gone we found a desiccated shrew in the kitchen. I think it had finally gotten light enough for a breeze or passing dog to waft it out from under the stove...

Could have dropped out of a box or a bag you were carrying to or from your bedroom? Once I unknowingly carried in a decayed mouse from a bag I bought from our storage room and it got into the couch!

I know of someone who found a dead mouse in her handbag while at the supermarket checkout (a present from her cat).

The more I thought about this the more I think it was underneath an old slipper that I had stashed away in the back of my closet

I did pull those out since its getting cold again and maybe it just fell from underneath it and I really just didn't notice

now I just feel silly lolol