Lost Earring - need divination ideas

Labhraín

I recently lost a pair of earrings. Just now, I miraculously found one of them (french wires, they slip out easily). The other earring could be anywhere. Since the folks here at Aeclectic have been helpful in the past in such situations, I thought I would ask for some divination ideas on what I can do to locate this missing piece. I feel like the other one is close by, but I don't know what methods I can use to zero in on it. Maybe draw a Tarot card and do a one card reading or something like that? I'm on the verge of buying a metal detector, I'm so frustrated. I did try a one card reading and got the King of Wands but I'm still trying to figure out what it means. I'm also pricing metal detectors....

Barleywine

I did a quick horary astrology chart for this. I had a choice of the 2nd House ruler (movable possessions), the Moon, or the 4th House ruler ("buried treasure"), the Sun, but decided to go with the Sun since it's in Capricorn, implying that the earring is on or near the floor and probably concealed from view. Also, Mercury is the Ascendant ruler and it's conjunct the Sun, which should mean that the earring is somewhere not far from you. (In the past, earrings of that type have been found snagged in clothing that was pulled off over the head.) Mercury is combust the Sun as well, so the earring is very likely invisible to ordinary scrutiny (as in covered with something). Mercury is retrograde and leaves combustion tomorrow, so your chances of finding it should improve then. Both the Sun and Moon are above the horizon, so there's no handicap to finding it there. Finally, the Sun is in the 7th house, the house of the spouse or partner, so possibly someplace frequented by that individual (if there is such a person).

For sake of argument, if we consider the Moon in Aquarius in the 9th House, the earring could be high up, on a shelf or hook, or perhaps upstairs. Other suggestions are "in the study" or "in the meditation room," if you have either of those. I think the Sun is giving you better advice here than the Moon.

Labhraín

I did a quick horary astrology chart for this. I had a choice of the 2nd House ruler (movable possessions), the Moon, or the 4th House ruler ("buried treasure"), the Sun, but decided to go with the Sun since it's in Capricorn, implying that the earring is on or near the floor and probably concealed from view. Also, Mercury is the Ascendant ruler and it's conjunct the Sun, which should mean that the earring is somewhere not far from you. (In the past, earrings of that type have been found snagged in clothing that was pulled off over the head.) Mercury is combust the Sun as well, so the earring is very likely invisible to ordinary scrutiny (as in covered with something). Mercury is retrograde and leaves combustion tomorrow, so your chances of finding it should improve then. Both the Sun and Moon are above the horizon, so there's no handicap to finding it there. Finally, the Sun is in the 7th house, the house of the spouse or partner, so possibly someplace frequented by that individual (if there is such a person).

For sake of argument, if we consider the Moon in Aquarius in the 9th House, the earring could be high up, on a shelf or hook, or perhaps upstairs. Other suggestions are "in the study" or "in the meditation room," if you have either of those. I think the Sun is giving you better advice here than the Moon.

I'm not very familiar with astrology so I can understand a little bit of that and I'm trying to use it to see if it will help me locate the earring. I pulled two more cards, the Ace of Wands and the 10 of cups. I have a small crystal pendulum but I'm not good with it so I don't want to use it and get even more frustrated. I don't have divining rods either - only crystals, stones and numerous Tarot decks.

Barleywine

I'm not very familiar with astrology so I can understand a little bit of that and I'm trying to use it to see if it will help me locate the earring. I pulled two more cards, the Ace of Wands and the 10 of cups. I have a small crystal pendulum but I'm not good with it so I don't want to use it and get even more frustrated. I don't have divining rods either - only crystals, stones and numerous Tarot decks.

You don't really need to understand it, just follow the "map" I described and see if the earring turns up. (Stuck in clothing, maybe on a hook; most likely on the floor, under something.) As to the cards you pulled, Wands can show someplace warm, while Cups can mean near water, or in a comfortable spot like a couch or easy chair. In the system I use, an Ace would mean nearby, while a Ten would show it in a more remote area of the house. If it's outside the house, those meanings would imply in the yard (Ace) or somewhere farther away (Ten), possibly to the West.

Labhraín

You don't really need to understand it, just follow the "map" I described and see if the earring turns up. (Stuck in clothing, maybe on a hook; most likely on the floor, under something.) As to the cards you pulled, Wands can show someplace warm, while Cups can mean near water, or in a comfortable spot like a couch or easy chair. In the system I use, an Ace would mean nearby, while a Ten would show it in a more remote area of the house. If it's outside the house, those meanings would imply in the yard (Ace) or somewhere farther away (Ten), possibly to the West.

Oops, I just checked. It was the Knave (Page of Wands).