Prophetic Dream?

SuitofSwords

Hi! Recently I've been going through my old journals from high school, not so long ago for me, and I come across a familiar entry on this very vivid dream I had. I'm not used to having super vivid dreams, or rather ones that I have such strong emotions in. I won't give details because it'd be to long to write, but it was a dream about a man (someone I felt great love towards), whose face I couldn't see. I was only able to pick out features. In my entry I remember this dream came from nowhere and it was so strong I woke up with heart ache as if I missed them. I can still sometimes feel this heartache when I think about it, and a deep longing for that feeling of connection I had with the dream person. I wonder now if anyone's had dreams like this where it's been a possible mate/companion/or something else. Any commentary or speculation on this is welcome, as long as it isn't negative lol! Though I doubt that in this place. Thanks in advance.

SonyaB

Hi! Recently I've been going through my old journals from high school, not so long ago for me, and I come across a familiar entry on this very vivid dream I had. I'm not used to having super vivid dreams, or rather ones that I have such strong emotions in. I won't give details because it'd be to long to write, but it was a dream about a man (someone I felt great love towards), whose face I couldn't see. I was only able to pick out features. In my entry I remember this dream came from nowhere and it was so strong I woke up with heart ache as if I missed them. I can still sometimes feel this heartache when I think about it, and a deep longing for that feeling of connection I had with the dream person. I wonder now if anyone's had dreams like this where it's been a possible mate/companion/or something else. Any commentary or speculation on this is welcome, as long as it isn't negative lol! Though I doubt that in this place. Thanks in advance.

So interesting! I haven't experienced this myself but I'm wondering if you have considered a past life? A lost love from there?

I have had prophetic dreams twice and both times I was being cheated on and woke up screaming and my partner calmed me down and reassured me, turned out it was true!

celticnoodle

I would say since it felt so emotional and real to you, it was a prophetic dream, yes. And, yes, I've had them as well.

One of my favorite prophetic dreams that I ever had was meeting my soon to be born grandchild. My mother, who lives in a different state from me and I were on a bus together with her deceased sister, (my aunt), who introduced us to the baby to be born.

The baby was a beautiful little girl and everyone, including our daughters doctor said she'd have a boy. Well, when the baby was born, it was a girl and the first girl born into my son in laws family in many generations.

The most interesting part of this dream was that my mother had the SAME exact dream on the same night about my granddaughter!

My mother also had a dream when I was expecting my child (mom to the above baby). I forget who it was now, but one of our deceased relatives came to her and told her I was pregnant and would have a baby girl. They also gave other information about the baby to be born-all that was very true. I had yet to share the news of my pregnancy with them.

so, perhaps your dream is prophetic of either a man you will meet or as was mentioned above, from a past life love?

yannie

I've had prophetic dreams, which I've shared in previous posts. I've also had super vivid ones that have not come true, at least not yet lol.

However, the ones that have come true weren't super vivid. They were just ordinary ones that I happen to remember some details of on waking. Most last just a few seconds or a minute or two, maybe. & I don't have strong feelings in any of them; what I do remember is a sense of curiosity.

I've had one rather vivid dream that lasted only a few seconds that I SO wish would come true :( *sigh* but what the heck, it's easier to brush it off as a wish fulfilment dream.

So with your dream, I'd say just note it as you have, & who knows it *may* be prophetic. But don't overthink it - I mean, so what if it is & so what if it isn't, yknow? I don't actually wonder if any of the dreams I've had are prophetic, even if I do write them down. The beauty of writing your dreams down is that when they come true, it's like, "Wow." For better or for worse :)

SuitofSwords

I've had prophetic dreams, which I've shared in previous posts. I've also had super vivid ones that have not come true, at least not yet lol.

However, the ones that have come true weren't super vivid. They were just ordinary ones that I happen to remember some details of on waking. Most last just a few seconds or a minute or two, maybe. & I don't have strong feelings in any of them; what I do remember is a sense of curiosity.

I've had one rather vivid dream that lasted only a few seconds that I SO wish would come true :( *sigh* but what the heck, it's easier to brush it off as a wish fulfilment dream.

So with your dream, I'd say just note it as you have, & who knows it *may* be prophetic. But don't overthink it - I mean, so what if it is & so what if it isn't, yknow? I don't actually wonder if any of the dreams I've had are prophetic, even if I do write them down. The beauty of writing your dreams down is that when they come true, it's like, "Wow." For better or for worse :)

Yeah! That's mostly what I believe, it could or couldn't be but I've always heard growing up people having dreams of future spouses and it just stuck with me all these years. I try not to cling on to it, but I'm a bit still in love with whose ever in that dream lol! I don't think I've ever had a dream to come true before, most of mine are just about things going on in my life. Thank you for your reply!

SuitofSwords

I would say since it felt so emotional and real to you, it was a prophetic dream, yes. And, yes, I've had them as well.

One of my favorite prophetic dreams that I ever had was meeting my soon to be born grandchild. My mother, who lives in a different state from me and I were on a bus together with her deceased sister, (my aunt), who introduced us to the baby to be born.

The baby was a beautiful little girl and everyone, including our daughters doctor said she'd have a boy. Well, when the baby was born, it was a girl and the first girl born into my son in laws family in many generations.

The most interesting part of this dream was that my mother had the SAME exact dream on the same night about my granddaughter!

My mother also had a dream when I was expecting my child (mom to the above baby). I forget who it was now, but one of our deceased relatives came to her and told her I was pregnant and would have a baby girl. They also gave other information about the baby to be born-all that was very true. I had yet to share the news of my pregnancy with them.

so, perhaps your dream is prophetic of either a man you will meet or as was mentioned above, from a past life love?

Oh that's just beautiful! I've always heard dreams of these types before growing up, and I just can't help but want to believe that the dream I had was indeed prophetic. I've never had one before and I've always wondered if my track record with guys ( None. I'm 21 and never dated or had a boyfriend, though I've tried I'm not interested or they just don't like me.), and my experience with London, my internal need to go there is connected. I've always felt like I belong somewhere else, and it wasn't until I stepped on the grounds of London that I've felt at home; right. And I've been to plenty different countries.

Idk, it's fun to dream but I try not to let it control me, I don't want to be disappointed or stuck on this idea if I meet someone that's amazing and pass them up because of a dream.

SuitofSwords

So interesting! I haven't experienced this myself but I'm wondering if you have considered a past life? A lost love from there?

I have had prophetic dreams twice and both times I was being cheated on and woke up screaming and my partner calmed me down and reassured me, turned out it was true!

Wow that's interesting! Maybe, who knows.

celticnoodle

Oh that's just beautiful! I've always heard dreams of these types before growing up, and I just can't help but want to believe that the dream I had was indeed prophetic. I've never had one before and I've always wondered if my track record with guys ( None. I'm 21 and never dated or had a boyfriend, though I've tried I'm not interested or they just don't like me.), and my experience with London, my internal need to go there is connected. I've always felt like I belong somewhere else, and it wasn't until I stepped on the grounds of London that I've felt at home; right. And I've been to plenty different countries.

Idk, it's fun to dream but I try not to let it control me, I don't want to be disappointed or stuck on this idea if I meet someone that's amazing and pass them up because of a dream.

Your last line here is a very good rule to follow. Try not to allow your dreams to control you. However, you can also learn to use your dreams to HELP you with things that come up in your life.

We use to have a dreaming thread here on A.T. that I participated in years ago--I can't really recall how long ago--where we would take turns proposing an issue we wanted help with. The others would concentrate on our issue at hand (good or bad) before they went to sleep and then post what they dreamed. Sometimes it was quite interesting what we'd come up with. If I can find those threads, I'll post the link here and also PM you.

ETA: okay, I found one of them--

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=187514&highlight=Dream

SuitofSwords

Your last line here is a very good rule to follow. Try not to allow your dreams to control you. However, you can also learn to use your dreams to HELP you with things that come up in your life.

We use to have a dreaming thread here on A.T. that I participated in years ago--I can't really recall how long ago--where we would take turns proposing an issue we wanted help with. The others would concentrate on our issue at hand (good or bad) before they went to sleep and then post what they dreamed. Sometimes it was quite interesting what we'd come up with. If I can find those threads, I'll post the link here and also PM you.

ETA: okay, I found one of them--

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=187514&highlight=Dream

Oh wow that's so fascinating! I never knew that you could use dreams in that way.