Under your pillow

page of wands

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question.

Do you sleep with your deck under your pillow for 3 days? I heard that helps you get better connected to your deck.

I'm starting to wonder if these are all just myths and superstitions.

danieljuk

When I was first getting into tarot in my teens, the book I was learning from said that you must have a new deck under your pillow for at least one night to get a better connection with the energies. I did do it! But now I think it's just superstition! I just hold and shuffle a new deck until I feel in some way connected. But you could try it out and see if you feel more connected under your pillow! But it's not needed until you want to experiment with it.

I remember someone in the past on AT tried different individual cards under their pillow and had amazing dreams relating to the energies to each card! :)

page of wands

When I was first getting into tarot in my teens, the book I was learning from said that you must have a new deck under your pillow for at least one night to get a better connection with the energies. I did do it! But now I think it's just superstition! I just hold and shuffle a new deck until I feel in some way connected. But you could try it out and see if you feel more connected under your pillow! But it's not needed until you want to experiment with it.

I remember someone in the past on AT tried different individual cards under their pillow and had amazing dreams relating to the energies to each card! :)

oh wow! how cool! i took a nap with the cards under my pillow, and it just felt uncomfortable. lol i'm not sure it did anything. i feel connected to my cards though. my cards have nicknamed me "hermit" xD

Debra

I did, and had many vivid dreams, perhaps caused by the discomfort.

prudence

I've done the same, and ditto on the vivid dreams. I also bent some cards terribly, so then I stopped doing this. I do think you can connect with a deck doing this, as woowoo as it sounds, it's not totally crazy to think it could create a deep bond. (I know it does with pets, and they don't get placed under my pillow) ;) I also do it with stones and crystals. (In the pillowcase, under the pillow)

euripides

No. I'd never heard of that. On the one hand, I think it's superstition, but on the other, spending time with and caring for an object can help you to create a positive connection. It says 'this matters to me'.

I came across something similar as a solution to 'fighting' with one's cello. Give the instrument a clean. Rosin your bow. Think positively, and do some gentle open-string bowings. Play *with* your instrument, not against it.

Padma

I don't think it is "necessary" but it does reveal some cool things in dreams, from time to time, depending on the deck. Not all decks speak deep dream talk, from my experience. I've had better results from crystals under the pillow or attached to my body, imo.

page of wands

i have dreams about tarot every night, but i think it's because i've been obsessing about them ever since i got them.

page of wands

I've done the same, and ditto on the vivid drams. I also bent some cards terribly, so then I stopped doing this. I do think you can connect with a deck doing this, as woowoo as it sounds, it's not totally crazy to think it could create a deep bond. (I know it does with pets, and they don't get placed under my pillow) ;) I also do it with stones and crystals. (In the pillowcase, under the pillow)

that's interesting. i have slept with my deck every night since i got it. not on purpose, just because i wanted them by me if i did them on my bed. i wonder if thats why i feel connected to them. it seems so strange though because cards aren't cats/pets.

page of wands

No. I'd never heard of that. On the one hand, I think it's superstition, but on the other, spending time with and caring for an object can help you to create a positive connection. It says 'this matters to me'.

I came across something similar as a solution to 'fighting' with one's cello. Give the instrument a clean. Rosin your bow. Think positively, and do some gentle open-string bowings. Play *with* your instrument, not against it.

i played the violin. and i was very close to it. i felt like it was a living being in a way. i guess tarot cards are like that too. i can feel that way with trees and houses too. i would be so sad if someone did something bad to my tarot cards or took them away from me.