Name your deck?

MissChiff

I was wondering if anyone names there deck?

page of wands

I was wondering if anyone names there deck?

omg i love this. my deck would be called "smart ass". xD

edit: no i shouldn't say that. i don't have a name for it but sometimes i refer to it as a she or he i've noticed. i don't do that on purpose.

Tanga

Sometimes.
I never remember the names though. Haha.

Hmmm...

Barleywine

Nope, but I sometimes sarcastically name special tools and utensils: I have a long-handled branch lopper I call "Cyndi," a menacing-looking butcher-knife called "Norman" (after Norman Bates) and a wide-mouthed ice cream scoop called "Monica." My brother always gives his Volkwagens German names. I'll have to think about deck names. It would be completely in character.

Hmm . . .

How about gender-neutral names from the Addam's Family like "Thing" or "Cousin It?"

But I think I can do better than that.

Krystophe

How about gender-neutral names from the Addam's Family like "Thing" or "Cousin It?"

As a long-time Addams Family enthusiast, as well as an inveterate Namer-Of-Things, I find the names perfect for many uses. I don't necessarily think they would have to be gender-neutral, though. I suppose it depends on your preference. I've never named a tarot deck, actually, but my computer's name is Morticia since she has made it perfectly clear that she's in charge and is the glue that holds everything together, and I once had a car named Uncle Fester (due to some electrical issues).

Now I'm considering dubbing my Bohemian Gothic deck "Wednesday"...sweet-natured, in a slightly macabre way...

Barleywine

As a long-time Addams Family enthusiast, as well as an inveterate Namer-Of-Things, I find the names perfect for many uses. I don't necessarily think they would have to be gender-neutral, though. I suppose it depends on your preference. I've never named a tarot deck, actually, but my computer's name is Morticia since she has made it perfectly clear that she's in charge, and I once had a car named Uncle Fester.

Now I'm considering dubbing my Bohemian Gothic deck "Wednesday..."

"Uncle Fester" is perfect! My brother still has an enormous 1964 Dodge pick-up that he named "Jed" because it looks just like the one the Clampetts drove to California.

Aeric

My favourite deck is my Gay Tarot and I call it Bianca del Tarot. Because she tells it like it is and she doesn't take crap from anyone.

chongjasmine

I don't name my deck.
Call the rider waite the rider waite.

Redfaery

I tried when I first started. I don't name things that often, even though I anthropomorphize relentlessly. I think I named my RWS "Pearl" after a great grandmother who was an oh so proper and oh so educated Edwardian Lady.

Alta

I know friends who have named their cars and other objects they use often. I have tried but I can never think of names. Sometimes I fear that if I ever had a cat that it would get called "Cat". :D I like the idea in principle but in practice I just call the decks whatever their creators named them.