Your deck's "nickname" for you

pinkcrow

Do you find there's a specific card your deck uses when talking about you? For example, if I'm doing a reading for a friend and I'm supposed to be helping them, I'll pull "my card" for the mentor/advice/friend/whatever slot.

I'm the Emperor according to most of my decks. Or Justice if one deck in particular is being snarky.

What do your cards call you?

page of wands

Do you find there's a specific card your deck uses when talking about you? For example, if I'm doing a reading for a friend and I'm supposed to be helping them, I'll pull "my card" for the mentor/advice/friend/whatever slot.

I'm the Emperor according to most of my decks. Or Justice if one deck in particular is being snarky.

The Hermit (it's sort of funny, but so true)

nisaba

Do you find there's a specific card your deck uses when talking about you?

Nope.

I find it shows me cards that are pertinent to what I need to know at the time.

I know who I am, and my deck knows who I am. Why would it bother?

pinkcrow

I know who I am, and my deck knows who I am. Why would it bother?

Like I said, it usually comes up when I'm doing a reading for a friend and it tells me I am/will be involved in the situation. That's just my relationship with my deck, not saying it's everyone's.

rabidwolfie

I've never thought of it that way, the deck giving me a "nickname".

I'm often given either the queen or page of cups when I randomly draw my signifier. I've just taken to assuming those are my cards, even though I'm not blond. I like thinking of them as an affectionate moniker even more. It changes nothing, but it's amusing imagine that's how my deck thinks of me.

Barleywine

Yeah, the Fool. It calls me "Stu" (for "Stupid"), as in "What, you haven't figured this out yet?" Seriously though, it hasn't spoken to me this way since I tried to give it a name. I think I offended it.

zhadee

what a fun question! I had to ask my Pirates how they call me when they think I don't listen.
They give me 5 of Cups, which clearly states that they reckon I'm too sober for their taste =P Aye!

Grizabella

I'm using the Bonefire deck these days and in that deck, the Queen of Wands often refers to me. I've used her as my avatar here on the forum. I'm a Saggitarian, so Temperance is also often me, and the High Priestess is both my soul card and personality card, so I guess it could be any of those.

I'm with nisaba that I don't use the cards that way but I can see how it would be a fun thing to to think your deck is referring to you as a nickname.

nisaba

Like I said, it usually comes up when I'm doing a reading for a friend and it tells me I am/will be involved in the situation. That's just my relationship with my deck, not saying it's everyone's.

<smile> You asked a question of us. I gave you my answer. It appears that it's different to yours - Doesn't mean you're wrong or I am. I'm just curious why a deck would waste a spot-on-the-table to point to you without saying anything that actually progresses the reading with new, unknown information, given that both you and your deck know who you are. :)

Tanga

:joke: :joke: :joke:
Would they dare? That would be quite a lot of names!

(I usually know - when I'm supposed to be helping the sitter myself, outside of the Tarot reading).