Important. I saw a ghost few days ago next to my tarot cards, should I quit tarot?

gregory

If you have had an experience which made you feel you should stop using the cards - that is YOUR experience and you should act on your feeling (or not) as feels right to you.

But it isn't anyone else's experience/feeling, so no-one else can tell you what to do. If I saw a ghost while I was reading, I'd say hi to it and carry on. I know my house is haunted. Big deal - I rather like that.
But reading your cards did not conjure a spirit. I absolutely do not believe that happens. It does not bind a spirit to you like a djinn who has to answer your questions.
I absolutely agree with this. You didn't summon anything. If something showed up - it did so of its own free will, and you can welcome it or not, as you choose.

celticnoodle

If you have had an experience which made you feel you should stop using the cards - that is YOUR experience and you should act on your feeling (or not) as feels right to you.
Good answer and I so agree.

But it isn't anyone else's experience/feeling, so no-one else can tell you what to do. If I saw a ghost while I was reading, I'd say hi to it and carry on. I know my house is haunted. Big deal - I rather like that.
:laugh: same here!

Baltazar321, some people, and specifically me, myself would tell you that spirits are around us all the time and they may or may not show up just because of a deck of tarot cards. They can show up without any form of divination going on at all, so perhaps you were just fortunate to see a spirit. Perhaps its been around you for a very long time. And, as Gregory mentions above, if you are okay with it showing up, you can welcome it in and ask the spirit why it is showing itself to you, or if you are very upset over seeing a spirit--send it away and not accept them at all. You are in control.

Citrin

This could simply be psychosomatic syndromes. If you had a subconscious fear of tarot cards attracting spirits, ghosts, and so on, then that fear could make your mind envision those things. Belief can really mess with your mind, google “placebo effect” and you will see. ;)

I see that many people here are very relaxed with ghosts and spirits etc… Personally I am not so comfortable with those types of entities (yet), and I choose to energetically protect myself and my home to not attract any of it. There are many methods; smudging with white sage, placing protective crystals around the house, and on yourself (jewelry or in your pocket or bra if you wear one). It’s also possible to do this by simply envisioning a cleansing light around you and your house, and loudly and clearly state that you wish to be living in peace with no disruptions by other entities in your home.

I do not think you have summoned any spirits by using tarot though, because to do that you must have the intention and maybe do some sort of ritual also. I’ve worked with tarot cards for more than 12 years, I’ve found my readings very accurate and good, and so have others, and not even ONCE have I had any truly supernatural experiences around my cards. :) I never have the intention to work with spirits or so, therefore I think they simply don’t show up, because I don’t ask them to.

danieljuk

Historically, many things have demonised tarot for their own ends, like religion, horror films, etc etc. So people have a slight fear or a great fear of even just touching the cards. But they are just artwork on card, all the work and reading comes from us! They don't have evil or good entities just hiding in the cardboard.

When I really started to learn tarot I also opened my intuition. I have never seen a ghost but I started to have really interesting experiences that I didn't before. To be able to tap into your intuition which I had repressed for the 30 years before that, is a great thing. It's part of us and can help us.

Tarot can open up a natural skill we have which society represses away for most people. But I think I could have opened mine up by looking and analysing art or from self-help, meditation or therapy, just tarot was my route.

But I agree with the other comments, you didn't summon the spirit, you just opened or paid attention to your intuition. If you feel uncomfortable you can stop using it but you might still see ghosts. Think of it as a stage in your learning, get advice from spiritualist websites or from local groups. Opening up your other sense and using your intuition is a part of us, I wouldn't run from it but go more slowly if you find it scary. Learn how to ground yourself / protect yourself from spiritualists with knowledge.

earthair

Baltazar- I don't think you should give up tarot cards, but I think you could benefit by learning some basic grounding and protection methods. It sounds exhausting being open to so much otherworldness.

Try creating a spell/ritual/poem which puts the cards safely 'to sleep' when you're not using them. Try wrapping them in something or putting them in a box in another room. It sounds like you're doing the tarot equivalent of leaving your phone on by your pillow!

geoxena

If you believe in spirits and ghosts, that houses can be haunted or that tarot cards have special powers, then you need to act according to your beliefs. No one else can tell you whether you should give up tarot or get rid of the deck you think caused you to see what you saw. However, remember that beliefs are just beliefs, or something that you chose to invest in. They are not necessarily reality.

CrystalJoy

Simple and Straight Forward

Okay, I'm not saying you didn't see a ghost. I'm sure you probably did. It's not likely that the spirit showed up because you use Tarot. It's most likely that you've been open to receiving and the spirit you saw accepted the invitation.

Now, a couple of suggestions.
1. Make sure that whenever you ask for guidance or a message, that you're grounded and protected from negative energy.
2. Always say thanks for the message and release the message giver back into the Universal energy.
3. And what I consider to be VERY important. Always make sure your home/apartment/dorm room/wherever you're reading or communing with the Universe is free of Negative entities and negative energy before and after doing a reading or summoning. Use sage, nag champa, holy water, whatever you're most comfortable with, and shoo everything that doesn't belong in your space out. Use only positive wording in your shooing mantra. I use nag champa incense because I don't like the smell of sage. I go from room to room wafting the smoke into every corner, under bed, into drawers, closets, etc. My personal shooing mantra is "Only those of Light and Love, of Highest Vibration and Best Intention may stay, all other's must leave". I Repeat this over and over without stopping until I've reached the open door or window. Then I go to the center of the house or room if it's a dorm with my incense and "I call in the white light of (the Universe, Jesus, Love, etc. whatever works for you) to fill this space with positive energy." You may laugh, but this is what works for me.

I'm going to disagree with some here. I believe an entity can become attached to a method of reading be it cards, pendulum, board, whatever, so always make sure they're cleansed before and/or after reading. Selenite, kyanite, incense or sage smoke all do a good job of shooing entities you aren't comfortable with out from your tools.

Sending you positive thoughts.

gregory

It would be interesting to know what the OP thinks about all the posts here...

AJ

I think our collective leg is being pulled, the OP hasn't been back.

EmpyreanKnight

I hope that his experience didn't scare OP off so much that he decided to bolt and drop Tarot (and this site too) like a hot potato. I want to know what happened next.