Accurate readings about a situation between two people with a vague question

mareeaa1984

Hi there, I have a general question I have been trying to search the internet for but I can't seem to find the answer and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me understand this better. This is purely for learning/understanding purposes for myself.

A friend of mine told me about a reading she had via email where she asked if an old friend from her past who had recently come back into her life would become a romantic connection. A few months down the track she also had an old ex come back into her life and it made her think that the reading might have been talking about him instead of the friend. Her question was quite vague - "I've reconnected with someone from my past, will they become a romantic connection".

As it was quite a vague question, is it possible that the cards could've given her insight on the situation in general but not specifically the right person? She said that she was thinking about the friend at the time of submitting her request but always has her ex in the back of her mind.

I hope that makes sense and appreciate anyone's feedback on this as I'm interested to learn from this

tarot_quest

Hi,

yes I think that it is possible. Tarot probably answered her question in a general sens. Since 2 guys from her past came back, it is correct to assume that Tarot delivered the right answer here.

Now, as for which guy she should date, I guess that she will have to ask a reader a specific question about these 2 men, even if she had someone in mind when asking her first question! :)

Tanga

I would imagine the answer would have had to be extremely general - considering her x-boyfriend wasn't actually on the scene at the time.

And as for choosing which one - the Tarot IMO couldn't say, only give her perhaps some prompts to think about, so she can make up her own mind - and re-create the relationship anew for herself.

Good luck with re-hashing an old story.

Grizabella

If she was thinking about the first guy you mentioned, then that's the one the reading would be about. If she had asked the cards in general, "will a guy from my past" lead to a relationship, it could have meant either one of the two. But since it sounds like she was asking about one particular person at the time of the reading, then that's the one the cards would be talking about. :)

mareeaa1984

Hi,

yes I think that it is possible. Tarot probably answered her question in a general sens. Since 2 guys from her past came back, it is correct to assume that Tarot delivered the right answer here.

Now, as for which guy she should date, I guess that she will have to ask a reader a specific question about these 2 men, even if she had someone in mind when asking her first question! :)

Thanks so much for the feedback, I find this situation really quite fascinating

mareeaa1984

I would imagine the answer would have had to be extremely general - considering her x-boyfriend wasn't actually on the scene at the time.

And as for choosing which one - the Tarot IMO couldn't say, only give her perhaps some prompts to think about, so she can make up her own mind - and re-create the relationship anew for herself.

Good luck with re-hashing an old story.

Hi there, thanks so much. It was a somewhat general question which is why I was so facinated to see what the possibilities were here. I will be interested to see how her story plays out

mareeaa1984

If she was thinking about the first guy you mentioned, then that's the one the reading would be about. If she had asked the cards in general, "will a guy from my past" lead to a relationship, it could have meant either one of the two. But since it sounds like she was asking about one particular person at the time of the reading, then that's the one the cards would be talking about. :)

It was a fairly general question as she just said "I have reconnected with someone from my past". I'm am keen to see how her story plays out :)

SunChariot

Hi there, I have a general question I have been trying to search the internet for but I can't seem to find the answer and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me understand this better. This is purely for learning/understanding purposes for myself.

A friend of mine told me about a reading she had via email where she asked if an old friend from her past who had recently come back into her life would become a romantic connection. A few months down the track she also had an old ex come back into her life and it made her think that the reading might have been talking about him instead of the friend. Her question was quite vague - "I've reconnected with someone from my past, will they become a romantic connection".

As it was quite a vague question, is it possible that the cards could've given her insight on the situation in general but not specifically the right person? She said that she was thinking about the friend at the time of submitting her request but always has her ex in the back of her mind.

I hope that makes sense and appreciate anyone's feedback on this as I'm interested to learn from this

Absolutely. The way a question is formed affects the answer to a great extent.

Although you don't always need a question. If someone doesn't have one I can just ask what they need to know and the cards will tell them.

But yes if you have something specific you want to know the most specific the question the more specific the answer. IF you want to know about someone else and do not specify who that other person is, yes that means you run the risk of the cards talking about someone other than whom you meant.

When I querent asks me about someone else, I always as their initials or their first name to use in the question.

I also like to add in a time frame. If you just ask will something happen, that means anytime in the rest of your life. If the cards show it happening, it might mean that it might happen FORTY years from now. And then a year later you are thinking the cards were wrong. Because it is so far in the future. I try to ask the querent for a timeframe, like will it happen in the next year...

Although yes/no questions don't tend to work for me. But I get aroound that by asking what the cards can tell me about IF it will happen and that usually get to the same answer.

Babs

mareeaa1984

Absolutely. The way a question is formed affects the answer to a great extent.

Although you don't always need a question. If someone doesn't have one I can just ask what they need to know and the cards will tell them.

But yes if you have something specific you want to know the most specific the question the more specific the answer. IF you want to know about someone else and do not specify who that other person is, yes that means you run the risk of the cards talking about someone other than whom you meant.

When I querent asks me about someone else, I always as their initials or their first name to use in the question.

I also like to add in a time frame. If you just ask will something happen, that means anytime in the rest of your life. If the cards show it happening, it might mean that it might happen FORTY years from now. And then a year later you are thinking the cards were wrong. Because it is so far in the future. I try to ask the querent for a timeframe, like will it happen in the next year...

Although yes/no questions don't tend to work for me. But I get aroound that by asking what the cards can tell me about IF it will happen and that usually get to the same answer.

Babs

Babs, Thank you so much for such an insightful answer. There is so much to learn so I appreciate all the feedback I receive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SunChariot

Babs, Thank you so much for such an insightful answer. There is so much to learn so I appreciate all the feedback I receive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are very welcome.:heart:

There some rules to phrasing the question properly, that I learnt early on. I will think of the ones I can remember at the spur of the moment for you.

1) to make sure the question is not ambiguous or can be taken in more than one way. As in the original example you cited. If so you run the risk or the cards talking about something different than you intended. Sometimes you need to stop and think of the logic of what you are asking. Eg if you ask "Will tomorrow be just like today?" when you think of it thousands of things happened today. Logically some will be the same, some will be different. How can the cards then answer that?

2) to ask each question separately, as a separate question. Eg if you are offered a new job in a different city, and if you then ask the cards if you will get the new job and move to a new city..., the answer to one may be yes and the answer to the other may be no. There are really 2 separate questions there: 1) if you will get the job and 2) if you will move.

Maybe you will get the new job but they will change their mind and you do not have to relocate to take it. It confuses things when 2 questions are asked as one. Better to ask one question at a time. Things tend to work better that way.

3) The same with an either or question, better asked in two questions for the same reason.

4) and yes as I said above if someone asks if something will happen for them in tyhe future, I try to pin them down to a time frame.

5) and yes....the more specific the question the more specific the answer. Eg if you ask if Joe "feels something" for the querent, for example, that is pretty vague. There are SO many different kinds of feelings (the entire range of feelings positive and negative and everything in between when you stop and think about it). He likely feels "something". Whether love, friendship, apathy, annoyance, connection, attraction...You get the drift. There are hundreds of feelings a person could feel. If you ask if they feel "something" pretty well anyone who knows you feels something or other.

The trick is that if you want to know if they feel attracted to you, then ask THAT. If you want to know if they feel love, then ask that...But being too unspecific can muddy the waters. It's really about thinking of the logic of the question and what type of answer could come with the question asked. Thinking for a moment before asking. It comes with practice.

6) of thinking specifically of what you want to achieve. Eg Instead of asking what you can do to be in a romantic relationship within a few months, maybe better to ask what you can do to be in a happy, loving, fulfilling romantic relationship...because that is more likely the goal. We can rush and get ourselves into any old relationship (and many of us do in life), but that is maybe not what we really want to achieve. We don't just want any old relationship, we want a good one. Then ask that.

The rest gets into my personal beliefs as a reader, but I will add it in anyway.

1) I personally will never ask a question on what someone "should" do. I don't believe that is the purpose of Tarot, personally. To me it's a tool to enlighten and teach us what we need to know to make the best decisions for ourselves. But not a tool to MAKE them for us. Imo, we have life lessons to learn from facing what comes and we need to work it out inside to learn them. These lessons are valuable or the experiences we have would not come. If the cards could just tell people what to do, that would deprive them of that. So I don't do questions on what someone should do.

That is what came to mind now.

But you could start a thread if you want on how to phrase questions in the best ways. It does pay off to phrase things well. :grin:

Babs