Alchemical glyphs on Wheel of Fortune

> Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith

Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I just have a problem with Aquarius (air, or possibly water) being associated with sulphur, mercury, and salt.
Same here. Since the element water is also alchemically represented by a wavy glyph (see the second source in my post above), I believe that in this case it represents Water instead of Aquarius, so that all the four glyphs in the Wheel pointing in the cardinal directions are purely alchemical symbols. I think the element water (as opposed to Aquarius) is easier to relate to sulfur, mercury, and salt.
Top   #11
Citizen

Abrac 

To me the glyphs are symbolic of:

Sulphur = Fire
Wavy Lines = Water
Mercury = Air
Salt = Earth

The part outside the wheel represents the Macrocosm. Inside the wheel is the Microcosm represented by three individual wheels that go from large to small. The outer wheel is body; the middle wheel is mind; and the small wheel in the center is spirit. The alchemical glyphs occupy the middle, or mind part. I'm not sure it's that critical to pinpoint exactly what each one is or isn't, speculation could go on indefinitely. A more important point, seems to me, is that all should be in balance and harmony, allowing the mind to look deeper toward the target in the center.
Top   #12
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.