Imbolc: A Time for Becoming...

RavenOfSummer

Haha, I'd bring her up too. I think going to the National Cathedral retreat is honoring the goddess Brigid as well. The Saint is cut from Her cloth after all! :D

kbbrix.jpg

Agreed! Thanks for sharing that lovely picture!

Haha, it might be interesting to see how people react when I bring her up. I'll have to report back :)

MandMaud

I love Imbolc. For me, in part, it's cleaning out the winter and preparing for Spring. I'm really looking forward to it this year and fresh beginning it brings, because last year was a rough one.

Here's a site that may interest you: http://www.archaeoastronomy.com/

It pin points the the exact time and date of the solstices, equinox's and cross quarter days on the wheel of the year, every year. :)

Thanks banbha, that looks a lot easier than working it out on timeanddate.com which I did! :)

Another "vote" for Elen here. :)

banbha

[size=+3]BLESSED IMBOLC TO ALL![/size]

Brigid3sis.png

banbha

I Am Imbolc, The Dream Of Awakening.

I am the dream of awakening.

I am the returning of the light.

I am the tough green shoot pushing up through the pavestones, I am the first kiss of sunlight on the unfurling petals of the snowdrop. I am the wind which whispers the gentle pull of home to the migratory bird.

I am the drop of ice melting on the mountainside with its great dream of the ocean.

I am the sap rising in the blossom tree just before it reveals its sticky buds to the sky; I am the riotous celebration humming away beneath the earth’s mantle of frozen sleep.

I am the rousing of the bee from its winter slumber, and the soft pad of the mother-wolf’s paw on the snow as she prepares to birth her pups.

I am hope, potential, rebirth and promise. I am the kindling breath which transforms the flicker of inspiration in your creative core into a blazing torch.

Give me the silent crescent moon rising over the sea and I will build you a bridge of silver light so you can walk up and lie in it.

Give me the frost-hardened wilderness and I will breathe radiant green life over it.

Give me the healer, the writer, the craftsperson and the storyteller, and I will replenish her essence and make her new again.

I am Brigid, Bast, Inanna and Hestia. I am the fierce protectress of the sacred fire.

Tonight I bestow my gifts of power and courage at the hearth of your soul: power to step out of the shadows of self-doubt and negativity which have held you in darkness for too long, power to shed all that which no longer serves you, and courage to clear your heart and mind for the dawn that awaits you.

I am the time to honor your unique gifts for their true worth and to protect and nurture your creative self as you would a child. I am the deep longing of the spirit which refuses to be consumed by a narrative of fear and chooses instead to place itself vivaciously on the side of love.

I am the stirring in your belly which knows exactly what you are capable of — and that it’s time the world found out.

I am the fire within which will not be contained any longer.

I am the quickening, I am the serpent uncoiling, I am Imbolc.

by Caroline Mellor

MandMaud

I Am Imbolc, The Dream Of Awakening.

I am the returning of the light.

I am the tough green shoot pushing up through the pavestones, I am the first kiss...

You found a beautiful poem there, banbha. :)

Padma

A merry Imbolc, Banbha and others! May the returning light suffuse and ignite you all! :)

I loved the poem :love: thanks for that, Banbha!

I will say though that over here in Canada, Imbolc takes longer to be felt, here on our Northern doorstep ;) There won't be snowdrops till end of March. But the spirit is willing, even if the warmth is weak!

:love:

RavenOfSummer

Well I attended the St. Brigid's retreat at the National Cathedral last night, and to my surprise many of the attendees expressed their desire to learn more about and become closer with Goddess Brigid! So it was very much an atmosphere with a sense of openness to different paths. That made me happy :)

It reminded me of this song that I found a couple of years ago by artist Celia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxeTnU_qmhE

She praises the goddess and the saint in her lyrics, and says, "People of all paths will gather round to sing your name." Love that :)

Blessings to all in this season of Imbolc!