Ouji Boards

psychiclayla

I have an old Ouija board that belonged to my Great Auntie Val (legendary in our family for being rather 'spooky'). Here is a bit of history (this is the highlights, this board has had a long and illustrious career and is still going strong).

My Mum and her cousin used to take it into school in the 60's and use it. They ended up contacting the spirit of an actor that had recently died (can't recall his name). Being young & foolish they challenged his disembodied spirit to move an object in the room to prove he was real...Apparently a chair across the room started to jiggle about and they ran for thier lives!

The board was confiscated after this episode, and my Ma assumed that it had been thrown away. When my Auntie Val died 30-odd years later someone told my Ma that the board was still around, and that she was welcome to it if she wanted it. My Ma told my Nan, who was emptying out my Auntie Val's stuff from her cupboards that day. My Nan promised to keep an eye out for the board.

When my Nan got to my Auntie's house, her daughter Judith opened a cupboard at the top of the wall. The pointer from the Ouija board fell out and hit Judith (point first) on the top of the head. My Nan swears she could almost hear Auntie Val laughing her head off, as this was exactly her sense of humour.

So my Mum ended up with the board, and with me being the family fortune teller (taking up where Auntie Val left off) it ended up at my house. It now stands in my fireplace on a table, surrounded by fairy lights & such.

My Mum and Judith used the board to contact Auntie Val a couple of years ago, although they didn't tell me what she said!

It gets some funny looks when the gas man etc call round. The last time it was used was when I had a group of ladies round for a tarot party last year. I told them I didn't mind if they brought a bottle of wine with them. They arrived with a crate of Stella and a couple of bottles of cider, so things got a little noisy!

Later on in the evening they all went mysteriouly quiet (I was in the next room). I popped my head around to take a look and found them with the Ouija board on my coffee table. I asked them if they had got any sense out of the board and they told me "It just keeps going to V,"

I told them about my Auntie Val and they couldn't put it back quick enough!

My Ouija board is one of my most prized possesions & my clients love hearing about all the wierd things that have happened with it over the years. Hope you enjoyed it too!

mingbop

it always makes me laugh how people as spirits to prove they are there--and when the poor spirit obliges, they all shriek and run for it !! Imagine all the spirits who think there's just no pleasing us!

belly dancer

it's not working for me...

I bought a board (I don't know if I like it very much,it's called The pathfinder,I think it has way too much things on it).
Anyhow I tried it,by myself and didn't work. I made a board myself also, something simple,that didn't work either.
I tried it with a friend at work (someone that believes in this,and has seen it work) and didn't work for us either. I know the 2 of us didn't try very long though.

At some point I did feel the coin moving on my homemade board,(when I did it bymyself) but I don't even know if it was my arm,or it actually worked.

What am I doing wrong?

Mystery_Me

I have heard that when using a Oujia Board, they won't work when only one person is using them. Sometimes it can take three people, although some people have told me that they don't work for everyone.

blackroseivy

I get very striking results on my own - there are those of us who CAN use it on our own; it's funny because it seems to work less well w/a 2nd person for me. To me it's akin to automatic writing, really.

robynleigh

I personally won't use them. I used the board a lot when I was in middle school with my friends. One night, myself and two of my friends went in my attic to "play". I honestly cannot remember the name of the spirit or exactly what he said, but when we asked him to give us a sign, the pointer zoomed off the board and then light in the attic went out. Of course, the three of us screamed out heads off and ran out of the attic.

I believe we stored the board in the closet after that, and eventually I threw it away. I think that many of us (especially since most people usually become interested in it at a young age) come to use the board with the idea that it is mysterious, and a bit "evil" and as a result we channel spirits or guides that are not always welcomed. With Tarot though, I walk into it with the understanding that I am using it to access my higher being, and the energy of the universe, which I believe to be all good and all knowing. I think that is the main difference between the mediums. And that the Ouija board can be a positive thing if that is it's intended use.

crabpixie

About four years ago, two friends and I thought It would be a wonderful idea to make our own ouija board from an old coffee table.

We drew letters/numbers with a black marker pen and used a clear drinking glass as a moving tool.

We were very inexperienced in using this form of divination/clairvoyance but we wanted to experience something new.

We each placed our fingers on the glass and almost immediately the glass began to move quite forcefully. It spelled out the name Elizabeth and said the spirit said she had messages for all of us. In perfect grammer "Elizabeth" told my friend, (I will give her the pseudonym 'Sarah' ) her father would suffer a heart attack but be fine afterwards, his wife would unfortunately pass away a week later, and she would become pregnant to an old flame.

As this was a rather negative message and highly unlikely we scoffed at this, somebody is MOVING the board!!! (Sarah wasn't very maternal and had an implant) we fired accusations at each other, calmed down a little, and then continued.

Then it came to me, "Elizabeth" said I would live in the USA, I would marry a man who will be a musician, and his initial would be "M"

Four weeks later 'Sarah's' father had a heart attack, (to add to that her father has never suffered any sort of heart problems before) his wife died a week later. A month afterwards Sarah bumped in to her childhood sweetheart, she fell pregnant immediately.

As for me, I did move from England to the Usa, and I married a musician and his name does begin with an "M" :heart:

To this day though, my friend Sarah is quite admiment this is all coincidental! :)

:TQW

annabubble

I have always been way to scared to use a real ouija board but a few weeks ago me and a few people (I will call them Girl A and Girl B) needed to "pretend" to use one in a GCSE devised drama piece.

We made a little makeshift thing out of paper, just so we would all be staying in time and making it look right. There were three of us who were pretending to be using it, two of us believers and one a skeptic, and we were rehearsing alone in the drama centre at maybe 6 or 7 p.m. In the piece, we were trying to find out who the ghost was who had been speaking to one of us, and so they sat down the board. The first question was "Are there any spirits present?" and it moved as per usual, me believing it was the same girl (Girl A) who normally directed the coin we were using, as it did the next question ("How many spirits are there?").

This is where it got a bit weird for us. The next question was "What are your names?" and it was supposed to go straight to "M" for margaret. However, instead it moved to "P" followed quickly by "E". Me and Girl B got a bit annoyed and told Girl A off for messing it up, which is when she swore down she wasn't moving it, and when we looked at her finger it was barely touching the coin. Girls A and B both went to take their fingers off but I told them to keep touching the coin, as I had previously read that you shouldn't stop without saying goodbye. At this point, Girl B's laptop came to life and opened a song we had made earlier (and then deleted) and began to play it. In keeping with the theme of the play it was seriously spooky.

I shoved the pointer to "Goodbye" and we all jumped up and refused to touch it, eventually getting another group member (who had walked to the shop while we were rehearsing) to put it all away. After that, we all refused to use it anymore and substituted a folded piece of paper and an empty table.

My one and only experience with a ouija board, which will not be repeated in hurry believe me!

anna x

Cactus Dahlia

I used a ouiji board with a group of friends years ago and had a bad experience.

Pyschic, Angela Donovan in her book 'The Secrets of Psychic Success' mentions ouji boards and says in her opinion " 'player beware' should be printed in very large letters on every ouiji board box." She then goes on to explain why, saying they start off gently but things begin to turn nasty. I totally agree with her.

Ouiji boards - bad news IMO!

shotthebreeze

Unlike many of the people who responded to this thread, I've had awesome experiences with my ouija board. I use mine with a pendulum instead of a planchett just because it's easier for me. I think if you use it in moderation, you'll be fine.

A friend of a friend passed less than a year ago leaving her 17 year old and 10 year old daughters with their father. One night, I was using the board and she came through and was very upset. I could feel my heart racing and the pendulum bounced all over as she tried to spell out messages. For a while she had a rough time spelling.

Anyway, she kept spelling out her 17 year old daughter's name and told me that I needed to do something to help her get through this period. I had met her daughter once at a family party, but never talked to her, so I was extremely confused. I asked the board for some concrete evidence that I was talking to the woman who passed. It gave me the following:

"E used to drive L in the jeep and there is a wind chime by the new window."

So, I called the friend who I was connected to them by and gave her that information. Come to find out, E used to drive L to school in the jeep before it was totaled in a car accident. The wind chime was still a mystery. So, my friend called E and asked her about the wind chime. She said that her father re-screened the porch window and put a random chime up that he found in the garage right by it.

I was immediately summoned to E's house for a reading session, which I have to admit I felt very uncomfortable with. She wanted proof that her mother was with her, and begged me, so I went. The only message spelled out was "Where is the utensil drawer?" and the girl immediately began to cry. She said that her parents had been redoing the kitchen at the time of her mom's death and they argued over where the utensil drawer should go. Her mother initially won the argument but after she passed her father moved it to his desired location.

There have been countless other stories I could tell you about my ouija adventures, but that's the most prominent story. So use it, just don't abuse it...