Poll: Ouija Boards - "OK, who moved it?"

Whe you were a kid, did you or someone else intentionally move the Ouija Board?

• Yes, I moved it (at least once)!

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I'm sure one of fellow people at the board moved it!

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No, I never ever moved it!

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • No fellow people at the board ever moved it!

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Sigh ... I never had a Ouija board when I was a kid.

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Sigh ... I was never ever a kid.

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Rusty Neon

Multiple selections are permitted with this particular poll.

[size=large]Note: I made a slight wording error in the poll. By "moving the Ouija board" I mean "moving the cursor around the Ouija board".[/size]

poivre

Yes I moved it.
I was too young to understand and thought that it was to learn your spelling and math.
I never seriously done anything with it when I was older.

skytwig

No, none of us moved it. I could tell by the force that was moving it... it wasn't coming from any of us.

I knew then that we were communicating with some 'one' or some 'thing' else.

It was cool. :)

Laura Borealis

I moved it, and no-body could tell I did. When I confessed, they did not believe me. I don't think you can necessarily tell when someone is moving it.

Solty Dog

I didnt have a board, so me and a friend made one with an old piece of wood and a marker. We used a glass as the moving thingee. I can say that I never moved it, and I asked a question only I would know. I asked for a specific date of an event and it was right. Freaky? Yes, but I still acused my friend of moving it.

B.S. Dog

BlueLotus

My younger sister, me and a friend consulted an Ouija Board which she brought with her from London, when I was about 16 years old.

I don't know about them, but I know I didn't move the cursor, but it did go around, anyway, answering our questions, many of which came true, later on.

However, I suspect that a lot of mishaps that took place thereafter were the after-effects of our session(s) with a spirit....!

Seed Crystal

Feebie said:
However, I suspect that a lot of mishaps that took place thereafter were the after-effects of our session(s) with a spirit....!

Hmm. Do mishaps happen when powerful Tarot reading is done? What do you think would happen if a crystal ball were used instead? Tea leaves?

I am seriously asking your thoughts on this; because I think Ouiji stands out as different from some or all of these in your opinion, and that makes me curious, in how.

Diana

Seed Crystal said:
Hmm. Do mishaps happen when powerful Tarot reading is done? What do you think would happen if a crystal ball were used instead? Tea leaves?

I can't answer for Feebie. But of course there is a world of difference between Tarot and tea-leaf readings, and working with the Ouija board.

With the Ouija, one is calling upon spirits. Dead spirits. Half-dead spirits. We are working mostly with spirits who are very low down in the vibratory level - and therefore often very dangerous.

With Tarot, you don't call upon spirits of the underworld or the overworld. Or do some people try and do this? I think their readings would often be way off base then, because one doesn't know what one is dealing with when one talks to dead people or half dead spirits. A lot of naughty little devils (tssskk!!!! no biscuit for the little devils!!! }) ) impersonate dead people for the gullible on our earth. And a lot of mediums make a lot of money thanks to all these gullible people.

I used to move the cursor around when I was a kid. And sometimes I didn't. I would play it also on my own and would then obviously not cheat. There's no fun in cheating when one is by oneself.

I wouldn't touch one ever again, and I have informed my son of the dangers of such a tool. Dangers I were not aware of when I was a youngster.

Seed Crystal

I don't use Ouiji myself; in childhood play, ran into it once or twice, but always avoided it since. But I haven't thought about why that has felt right.

I am not sure all your reasons are quite mine; I have many friendly dead, not so worried about danger from the dead; more like, it would not be in harmony for the attention I give for the living. And I encourage challenging, questioning, accepting responsibility, in everything; it's kinda hard to argue with dead grandma, would be a barrier rather than a opening to people. And spirit if it wasn't dead grandma - would have WHAT reason to chat with me? Just not interested in any old spirit.

Alissa

I never did.

I don't go for the game any more, but as a teen, we would purposefully devise experiments to keep anyone from being able to move the planchette.

We would often have one person *think* the question, and then nod when the question had been asked. Then, two others (usually me, but never the questioner) would be on the board for that person to answer the silent question. Then, board users have no way to "know" if it's a yes or no answer, or spell something out.... etc etc. It worked well, for us.

To keep others from doing this, we also practiced minimal touching (one fingertip, not the whole hand's fingertips) and sometimes the board users would also experiment with placing a hand on the planchett, but looking away from the board, so they couldn't see what the planchette spelled.

Interesting poll....