Dream of a brooch

scorpiogirl

I had a dream a few nights ago that the guy I was dating gave me a gift. The gift was wrapped in what looked like tissue (Kleenex)...he looked very serious as he gave me the gift.
I opened it...it was two gold colored brooches...I only could really notice one. The one I noticed looked like it was a shape of a duck or some kind of bird.
I looked up symbolism of brooch and it could be a sign of honor and adoration. Duck/bird can indicate harmony...and freedom. If it was a duck, the symbolism means a few things; adaptation, but mostly I have read that means fortune/luck...as well as bonding.

It just struck me as odd that it was wrapped in paper lol, not very romantic.
But in real life he isn't romantic! I would interpret this dream as we "adore" each other (subconsciously we feel this in real life, even though we haven't expressed it verbally lol), hence the two brooches...and it implies for me to wear them.

How would you guys interpret this?
Thanks!

Title should say brooches

EmpressArwen

I had a dream a few nights ago that the guy I was dating gave me a gift. The gift was wrapped in what looked like tissue (Kleenex)...he looked very serious as he gave me the gift.
I opened it...it was two gold colored brooches...I only could really notice one. The one I noticed looked like it was a shape of a duck or some kind of bird.
I looked up symbolism of brooch and it could be a sign of honor and adoration. Duck/bird can indicate harmony...and freedom. If it was a duck, the symbolism means a few things; adaptation, but mostly I have read that means fortune/luck...as well as bonding.

It just struck me as odd that it was wrapped in paper lol, not very romantic.
But in real life he isn't romantic! I would interpret this dream as we "adore" each other (subconsciously we feel this in real life, even though we haven't expressed it verbally lol), hence the two brooches...and it implies for me to wear them.

How would you guys interpret this?
Thanks!

Title should say brooches

I agree with the symbolism you mentioned but would add that since it was your dream and in it, he was giving to you...I think you would like him to be the first to verbalise/show what he feels toward you. A brooch is something that you wear on the outside of your clothes...so you are wanting him to show you (and everyone) that he cares for you...to be out in the open with relationship/feelings. There was one for each of you so you want to share how you are feeling too.

Kleenex isn't very romantic but it is soft and comforting. So he may not be flashy but he is a safe,loving person for you. :)

RiverRunsDeep

The fact that he was so serious in presenting you with the tissue-wrapped brooch could mean.....he is aware that he is not very romantic on the outside, but on the inside he has a lot to offer that is valuable and worthwhile.

I don't have any specific ideas about the duck/bird, but my suggestion would be to remember what your emotions were during the dream. How did you feel when you saw the duck? Were you happy? Content? Disappointed? Our emotions are often a huge clue to the symbolism of a dream.

Debra

What a lovely dream.

In Korea, Mandarin ducks symbolize happy marriage.

And ahem...what about sex? My dreams sometimes feature puns and wordplay. Like, what rhymes with duck.

scorpiogirl

I agree with the symbolism you mentioned but would add that since it was your dream and in it, he was giving to you...I think you would like him to be the first to verbalise/show what he feels toward you. A brooch is something that you wear on the outside of your clothes...so you are wanting him to show you (and everyone) that he cares for you...to be out in the open with relationship/feelings. There was one for each of you so you want to share how you are feeling too.

Kleenex isn't very romantic but it is soft and comforting. So he may not be flashy but he is a safe,loving person for you. :)

Yes this is true in real life. Very interesting about the brooch being worn out in the open...being acknowledged comes to mind. Thanks...

scorpiogirl

The fact that he was so serious in presenting you with the tissue-wrapped brooch could mean.....he is aware that he is not very romantic on the outside, but on the inside he has a lot to offer that is valuable and worthwhile.

I don't have any specific ideas about the duck/bird, but my suggestion would be to remember what your emotions were during the dream. How did you feel when you saw the duck? Were you happy? Content? Disappointed? Our emotions are often a huge clue to the symbolism of a dream.
Great question!
I was more focused on his expression. Which was very serious. I had no feelings as I was opening the gift...just fixated on his stern face...
He has made that face before when we were romantic on my couch once lol! So maybe it's a sexual thing? Lol...
I just realized as you said "valuable "...gold colored = gold symbolizes wealth/expensive....so yes good to note.
Thank you.

scorpiogirl

What a lovely dream.

In Korea, Mandarin ducks symbolize happy marriage.

And ahem...what about sex? My dreams sometimes feature puns and wordplay. Like, what rhymes with duck.

Lol...good information thanks! *blushing*

pumpkins

I'll try!

Kleenex - something used to clean up, remove make up usually since it's used as face towel
brooch - ornament fastened to clothing, might come as an attachment as this piece of jewelry is generally attached to clothing.
duck - bird, communication
gold color and heavy - wealth, divine love, elegance, sparkle, precious
serious look - whatever it is about, he is serious about it
2 ducks - 2 important communications
Guides are funny creatures...they prefer serious business though! Good luck!

scorpiogirl

Thanks pumpkins!
I think I know the meaning of this dream now.
He told me last night he might go to Switzerland to work (he is applying for a job there).
So birds/duck is travel...and yes communication...
Tissue means to be used to wipe my tears. So either he has sad news to tell me and it will make me cry, hence tissue paper...brooches maybe there is mutual feelings here of whatever we feel...