Law of Attraction - Lack


> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Spirituality



 
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBreeze View Post
This has been an interesting read and I will jump in with some of my thoughts. I have been back and forth in terms of LOA, and at one point I was very interested in it so I did a bit of experimenting. I don't believe in something unless I try it out.

At one point I made these types of worksheets for visualizing what I wanted using all of the things I read -- those never worked. And I think the reason for that is similar to what a lot of others have said, that just thinking positive isn't going to do anything. You have to do something about it. I suppose if the positive thinking was a way to psych yourself up and then go out and start taking steps toward the things you want would work -- I think that's what LOA really is. A lot of the more popular books and movies and such seem to emphasize only doing the thinking and visualizing.

The thing that really worked for me is making lists of exactly what I want and then figuring out how to get it and asking people who have the thing how they got it and then eventually it works out. So I think really its more about being clear about what you want, not just positive thinking, and then doing. Sometimes it had to do with getting rid of mental blocks telling me that I can't have the thing, so I can go out and do something. I also had really good success with what they call "vision boards" where I would put pictures of what I wanted and then periodically look at it. But same as the lists it just affirmed to me what I wanted and made it a concrete goal to work toward -- like in the back of my mind I realized how much I wanted the things and it inspired me to go and get them.

And also the acceptance that you don't have the thing which LOA never really mentions -- you can just get rid of all the bad thoughts around that -- it takes work and soul searching.

Nowdays my thought are that law of attraction and all the popular media about has a very simplified view of it. If it really was that easy everyone would just have what they want all the time. I take the middle ground here that LOA is not all completely untrue, and I think the way its explained is misleading -- but the concept behind it or what it's pointing at has some merit.

But really vision boards or what I want lists are awesome and work wonders... depending on how you use them. I also read lots of books specific to the things I wanted figure out how to get the thing. I can go in more detail too -- maybe when I have more time.
That would be cool to share what books your read and actions you took that helped you get what you wanted. I'd like to know what clicked for you. Yes, action is a big part of this that may not get as much emphasis as it should. It reminds me of a quote I really like by Thomas Edison, "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." This relates to the belief many people have that things will just come to them or if it's not easy it's not meant to be, etc. Action and lots of it is required in the process of manifestation. If people get an easy in or things come to them effortlessly great, but that's not always or usually the case in my experience. This is another LOA belief I question. Some have told me if you are in "flow" everything comes to you effortlessly. This seems a bit ethereal to work for most people and again related to this belief that mindset alone will materialize your desires.
Top   #61
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsydian View Post
My family had a bad run in with this law of attraction thing that leaves us all bitter and angry because it was so bunk.

I'll never get over that. I'm positive many times but broke and falling on bad luck. I can't believe.
I'm sorry to hear this, Obsydian. Perhaps some ideas in this thread might be more helpful to you.

✌🏻❤️

G6
Top   #62
SilentBreeze's Avatar
SilentBreeze  SilentBreeze is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Feb 2005
Location: Deleted
Posts: 4,202
SilentBreeze 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
That would be cool to share what books your read and actions you took that helped you get what you wanted. I'd like to know what clicked for you. Yes, action is a big part of this that may not get as much emphasis as it should. It reminds me of a quote I really like by Thomas Edison, "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." This relates to the belief many people have that things will just come to them or if it's not easy it's not meant to be, etc. Action and lots of it is required in the process of manifestation. If people get an easy in or things come to them effortlessly great, but that's not always or usually the case in my experience. This is another LOA belief I question. Some have told me if you are in "flow" everything comes to you effortlessly. This seems a bit ethereal to work for most people and again related to this belief that mindset alone will materialize your desires.
I don't agree 100% with all these books but they are kind of interesting.

The first one, I found a weird little book in Stand book store called Ophiel: the art and practice of getting material things through visualization. I liked that the author came up with a few laws that he believed make it work. There's not much there about action but I like that it has some structure around it -- and some fun stories in there.

The other one I read was also strange -- Jane Roberts - I don't remember the title its written like the author was channeling someone called Seth. I don't really know how I feel about that part or if I think its true. The content its pretty good at times but sometimes its a bit extreme and not as grounded -- but its an interesting way to think about LOA.

Think and grow rich I think is technically an LOA book but I like that it goes from working on the mind to action planning.

Finally when I was in Australia I came across MJB seminars... I got a free recording of one of their events and its like a version of LOA with lots of action planning and other theories in there too.

Again, none of them are prefect but more in depth then what you get everywhere else. I'm a pretty down to earth person so most of these are a bit too out there for me.
Top   #63
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBreeze View Post
I don't agree 100% with all these books but they are kind of interesting.

The first one, I found a weird little book in Stand book store called Ophiel: the art and practice of getting material things through visualization. I liked that the author came up with a few laws that he believed make it work. There's not much there about action but I like that it has some structure around it -- and some fun stories in there.

The other one I read was also strange -- Jane Roberts - I don't remember the title its written like the author was channeling someone called Seth. I don't really know how I feel about that part or if I think its true. The content its pretty good at times but sometimes its a bit extreme and not as grounded -- but its an interesting way to think about LOA.

Think and grow rich I think is technically an LOA book but I like that it goes from working on the mind to action planning.

Finally when I was in Australia I came across MJB seminars... I got a free recording of one of their events and its like a version of LOA with lots of action planning and other theories in there too.

Again, none of them are prefect but more in depth then what you get everywhere else. I'm a pretty down to earth person so most of these are a bit too out there for me.
Thanks for all the resources. I found the MJB website. If you have the recording to share let me know. I'd be interested to have a listen. I haven't heard of "Think and Grow Rich", but I found a PDF online.

*Links to MJB and PDF of "Think and Grow Rich":

http://www.mjbseminars.com.au

https://www.liviupasat.ro/downloads/...-Grow-Rich.pdf

Thanks again for the info!

✌🏻

G6
Top   #64
SilentBreeze's Avatar
SilentBreeze  SilentBreeze is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Feb 2005
Location: Deleted
Posts: 4,202
SilentBreeze 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
Thanks for all the resources. I found the MJB website. If you have the recording to share let me know. I'd be interested to have a listen. I haven't heard of "Think and Grow Rich", but I found a PDF online.

*Links to MJB and PDF of "Think and Grow Rich":

http://www.mjbseminars.com.au

https://www.liviupasat.ro/downloads/...-Grow-Rich.pdf

Thanks again for the info!

✌🏻

G6
I do still have it and can send it to you -- just PM me your e-mail. I got it on a cd as a free giveaway. It might be larger to it may end up going through google drive.
Top   #65
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBreeze View Post
I do still have it and can send it to you -- just PM me your e-mail. I got it on a cd as a free giveaway. It might be larger to it may end up going through google drive.
Thanks! Got it! 😊

🙏🏻✌🏻❤️

G6
Top   #66
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBreeze View Post
I don't agree 100% with all these books but they are kind of interesting.

The first one, I found a weird little book in Stand book store called Ophiel: the art and practice of getting material things through visualization. I liked that the author came up with a few laws that he believed make it work. There's not much there about action but I like that it has some structure around it -- and some fun stories in there.

The other one I read was also strange -- Jane Roberts - I don't remember the title its written like the author was channeling someone called Seth. I don't really know how I feel about that part or if I think its true. The content its pretty good at times but sometimes its a bit extreme and not as grounded -- but its an interesting way to think about LOA.

Think and grow rich I think is technically an LOA book but I like that it goes from working on the mind to action planning.

Finally when I was in Australia I came across MJB seminars... I got a free recording of one of their events and its like a version of LOA with lots of action planning and other theories in there too.

Again, none of them are prefect but more in depth then what you get everywhere else. I'm a pretty down to earth person so most of these are a bit too out there for me.
I started reading "Think and Grow Rich". Pretty good so far and I like that it's an old book. They keep referring to the Great Depression.
Top   #67
Cocobird55's Avatar
Cocobird55  Cocobird55 is offline
Seeker
 
Join Date: 09 Mar 2002
Location: California, USA
Posts: 7,785
Cocobird55 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
I absolutely don't believe in the Law of Attraction. Not even a teeny bit.

I think positivity is good for you. That's as far as I go.
I don't believe in it either.
Top   #68
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Top   #69
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.