Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 289 : February 11 - February 17

Carojulie

Hi all, hi VG ! I hope your sunday will be smoother and easier than your week !

I will spend next week out of town, on an office trip for meetings in Lyon. I have no idea whatsoever of how much time I will get for myself and tarot.
I will take with me three decks :

- The Clover tarot,
- the Anna K tarot
- the Albano-Waite tarot.

These will be my three decks of the week and I hope I will have at least a little time with them.

I have just finished making a smaller pouch for my Albano waite, with a left over piece of soft purple leather. I have to braid a cord to keep it closed, I will do that tonigh. I trimmed that deck, so it is almost pocket size now ; and it used to reside in a felt pouch that I made some time ago, but it was somewhat bulky. I wish to travel as light as possible, so that is why I made the smaller leather pouch this afternoon. Also, this is a deck I have not worked with for a long time, and I wanted to re-aquaint myself with it, in a way.

The Clover tarot is one of my all time favourites, and a staple for me. I even have a backup copy for this deck, and it was actually the very first deck that I ever felt the need to get a backup for - I really do not want anything to happen to it and I would not want to be without it.

The Anna K, I haven't worked with for some time. I like the way some of the cards are depicted, and especially the court. I also like that it represents people of different age, not uniformely young and thin like some decks do. But I am not a fan of the style of the art. lots of acid yellows and muddy browns, and the style of the drawing - especially the way the persons are drawn, with weird faces. But, all in all, it is a nice deck gives great interpretations.

Nice evening everyone !

DaughterOfDanu

So this week I'm in with the Tarot of the Hidden Realm and the Heart of Faerie Oracle. I'm feeling pretty earthy lately and wanting to explore the realm of the nature spirits.

Maybe I'll take out Froud's Good Faeries Bad Faeries book and finally read it!

As for the unlisted stuff I'll be working with rose quartz this week, since Valentine's day is approaching. At some point I'll probably cave and spend some time with my copy of the Wild Unknown Tarot or the Bonefire Tarot since I can't seem to be away from either of those for too long. I do want to do a Full Moon reading with my Moon Deck. It's such an empowering deck it's great to touch base with it from time to time.

Am I the only one who has certain decks that I just have to touch base with from time to time? TWU and the Bonefire give me so much pleasure to use and reading with them (especially since I caved and read the companion guide for the TWU) is so easy.

willowy

Hi everyone,thanks for new thread VG,please sign me up with Lisa parkers familiars tarot,looks beautiful but not sure I'm going to get on with it as the minor arcana are pip cards and I usually struggle with them.

Michellehihi

Emily Dickinson tarot!

VGimlet

Am I the only one who has certain decks that I just have to touch base with from time to time? TWU and the Bonefire give me so much pleasure to use and reading with them (especially since I caved and read the companion guide for the TWU) is so easy.

I take out my Mary-el from time to time if I just need a little bit extra for a reading. And also a few others. But that is the one that comes to mind.

Madame Squee

Thank you for the thread, VG! :love:

I'm in with the Tarot Apokalypsis and Tarot Illuminati. I just received the Apokalypsis, and I have to decide which one I love the best. :D

DaughterOfDanu

Thank you for the thread, VG! :love:

I'm in with the Tarot Apokalypsis and Tarot Illuminati. I just received the Apokalypsis, and I have to decide which one I love the best. :D

Please let me know. I don't own either but have been considering buying one. Personally I feel like I'd lean more towards the Illuminati because I wasn't wowed by the minors of the Apokalypsis. I like the RWS-"clone" minors of the Illuminati more. But I have only seen pictures so I'm very interested in hearing your experience!

CharlotteK

I have done one reading with Tarot Decoratif so far. I noticed on getting the deck out of its gorgeous box and gold wrapping and lovely satin bag that Le Mat had a couple of nicks out of the left border. An attempt to Sharpie over them led to a full black deck edging. So that's what I did Saturday night. The reading yesterday was good, it's a beautiful deck and I really like the illustrative clues in the pips.

5a2b0104906c93359ed61bcce95f97e2.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

AJ

Maybe I'll take out Froud's Good Faeries Bad Faeries book and finally read it!

Froud's books that go with the Fae are a real hoot. I've done some biblomancy readings here using them.

If I'm grieving I go straight to Songs for the Journey Home
and lost, needing structure I go to the Greenwood.

Charlotte, that black edging looks great!

Madame Squee

Please let me know. I don't own either but have been considering buying one. Personally I feel like I'd lean more towards the Illuminati because I wasn't wowed by the minors of the Apokalypsis. I like the RWS-"clone" minors of the Illuminati more. But I have only seen pictures so I'm very interested in hearing your experience!
Hey, DOD. I really like the Illuminati's RWS clone images, too. But I actually love the Apokalypsis minors -- especially the court cards. I feel like I'm getting more information than usual when I study them.

Compared to the Illuminati, the Apokalypsis feels alive with movement. On the other hand, the stylized magnificence of the Illuminati gives me life. (I tried attaching photos for comparison but the upload keeps failing.)

Both decks are full of light and color, but I see more shadow in the Apokalypsis.

I prefer the appearance of the Illuminati's matte-finish card stock, but the glossy Apokalypsis shuffles more easily. The gilded edges of the Illuminati are wearing away, but I think that lends a well-read look to it.

So, I can't pick a favorite yet. It might not even be possible. :D