I wonder anyone else has noticed this----

Padma

I've definitely noticed it in my own draws - where the cards (and not just tarot cards, but also Lenormand and Kipper cards, as well) will reflect whatever news I have just watched or read. I found that fascinating and interesting :)

JylliM

Further to my previous post where I mentioned drawing cards real time as the show played, I've also done it to predict a movie plot before seeing it. Nothing complex, just a few cards, and it's been accurate. It's a lot of fun to use cards like this!

Grizabella

For me, it seems like the more intent I am on the program I'm watching, the more relevant the cards will be. I'll list all the cards from this program I watched as an example:

4 of Swords--the ex-husband, when contacted about this old murder, rounded up and hid behind whatever resources he could. He hired not one attorney, but three of them and wouldn't cooperate with the detectives.

10 of Wands: He's been carrying around this situation for many years. Over 20 years. It had to prey on his mind for a lot of that time. And certainly now it's a huge burden for him.

Ace of Wands: The Ace of Wands is a phallic symbol, among other things, but phallic in this case. There was DNA in her panties from more than one source but his was the only DNA that couldn't be excluded. Of course, the source of the DNA was from semen. It was degraded because of the time she'd been in the water before being found but was clear enough that they knew he couldn't be excluded as the source of it.

9 of Swords: He's refusing to cooperate with the detectives but now he's afraid they're going to make him their main suspect so he's afraid of being arrested for the murder. He's losing a lot of sleep over it.

10 of Cups: He doesn't have feelings for her anymore. It's over between them and has been for over 20 years. He was interviewed at the time of the crime but now he says he didn't even know she was dead till the recent contact by the detectives. He's hoping they'll buy his word that

Knight of Swords: The re-opening of the cold case came rushing at him . He'd thought theucrime would just go unsolved forever. The news that they're investigating it again has come rushing at him out of the blue unexpectedly after all these years.

7 of Cups: He pleads the 5th on everything and all three lawyers are with him at the interview by the detectives, so the detectives are left just trying to figure out what really happened. The 7 of Cups in the Bonefire deck shows a pair of big green eyes depicted at the bottom the card, which could indicate a motive. He was jealous of other men (or one other man) she's been seeing.

13--(Bonefire doesn't call this card Death) Of course this is a murder case so this card is very relevant.

Justice--Rodie Sanchez promised her family all those years ago that he was going to find the person who killed Eugenie and bring them to justice and all the actions of the ex-husband are appearing against hinting that he might be the one who committed the murder. Justice might be near. Rodie is not in the best of health, but he wants to solve the case before he dies and he's thinking justice is in sight.

Does anyone else remember spreads you've done while watching TV or movies where you could follow the plot in the cards?

Alta

You can leave that post Griz, but if members want to get into listing cards and so on, I suggest Tarot Games and Fun. Talking Tarot is meant for general discussions such as the first part of this thread

Grizabella

You can leave that post Griz, but if members want to get into listing cards and so on, I suggest Tarot Games and Fun. Talking Tarot is meant for general discussions such as the first part of this thread

Thank you, Alta. I'll start a new thread in Fun and Games. :)

Starshower

YES, Griz, this has definitely happened to me several times, quite strikingly!

I was watching a very intense & scary Harry Potter film, heart pounding, & idly shuffling cards to distract myself slightly but focused on the screen. (I very rarely watch anything & don't own a tv even, so this was rare & I was all keyed up.)
Every card I randomly pulled & looked at showed the very next scene exactly ... to a frightening degree, far beyond 'selective attention / editing'.
About 9 or 10 consecutive cards accurately predicted the visuals of each scene - till I had to stop because it was too spooky.

Since then, it has happened so often that I've grown to accept & even expect it.
The interconnected, mutually-self-reflecting, recursive nature of things, eh?! :!: :)

Padma

I think, myself, the cards are just really good at picking up whatever we happen to be focusing on at the time. Which really makes it clear that focusing on what you are thinking about while shuffling to ask a question is hugely important. ;)

Grizabella

I think, myself, the cards are just really good at picking up whatever we happen to be focusing on at the time. Which really makes it clear that focusing on what you are thinking about while shuffling to ask a question is hugely important. ;)

That's an excellent point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I find that my mind strays a lot of the time when I'm shuffling. I'm going to make it a point from now on to repeat the question in my mind over and over as I shuffle. Also, since I now use dealing the deck out in four piles to make sure the deck is completely randomized between readings, I'll also focus on the question at that stage of the procedure, too.

blackmoonbee

Hell, yeah! In fact, I often recommend it as a learning-technique to people I mentor (I haven't run formal classes in ages). That way, unlike reading for clients you may never see again, you get feedback and/or can retune your understanding of the cards in an hour or two. :) It's great for your Tarotic development.

Love this idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizabella

I've started a thread in the Fun and Games sub-forum if others would like to post their experiences with trying this. I've moved the example I gave over to that thread.

Here's the link