Feeling really emotional during and after doing someone a reading ?

Sharla

I've just finished doing someone a reading on here, and i'm sure this has never happened to me before... but whilst typing out a particular line coming towards the end of the reading, tears started to come to my eyes and my heart felt heavy, i even had a lump in my throat.

This is nothing to do with my emotional state, as i've been quite emotionally happy this morning.

I can feel it wearing off slightly now the feeling, but my heart still feels a little heavy.

Could this be the emotions from the sitter that i've picked up ?

Or would this just be the emotions i've picked up, whilst going through the cards and doing the reading ?

Was i feeling the sitters emotions that they're going through at present even ?

Sulis

It sounds to me as if you did pick up on their energy and emotions.. Has it happened to you before? It sounds like the sort of thing that I've heard described as empathetic.

Thoughtful

This l find is quite normal, if a sitter is battling with their emotions an empathic reader and/or healer can feel and pick them up. Usually the cards are the first indication for receiving the emotions, so l pay special attention to which card gives me that lump in the throat feel, this is usually a good indicator that the sitter needs to release something or to talk about whatever the relevant card issue is.
It happens quite frequently when l read so l tell the sitter how l feel, that l am picking up a lump in my throat and tears, this usually leads to an opening up of the sitters emotions, and it also releases the emotion from me, and from that point on a lovely healing takes place.

Sharla

It sounds to me as if you did pick up on their energy and emotions.. Has it happened to you before? It sounds like the sort of thing that I've heard described as empathetic.

No never happened to me before that i can think of, that's what startled me a bit by it.

It was just so instant that it happened that came as a shock, like one minute i'm fine typing away, then as soon as i started to type out a specific part my eyes just filled up with tears and my heart felt really heavy.

I'll look into this "empathetic" you mention, i've not heard of this before.

Sharla

This l find is quite normal, if a sitter is battling with their emotions an empathic reader and/or healer can feel and pick them up. Usually the cards are the first indication for receiving the emotions, so l pay special attention to which card gives me that lump in the throat feel, this is usually a good indicator that the sitter needs to release something or to talk about whatever the relevant card issue is.
It happens quite frequently when l read so l tell the sitter how l feel, that l am picking up a lump in my throat and tears, this usually leads to an opening up of the sitters emotions, and it also releases the emotion from me, and from that point on a lovely healing takes place.

Ha ha and guess which card it was i was typing about....the Ace swords, and this was the final card, that's why it didn't happen until towards the end of the reading.

But no like i said my own emotions have been very stable and on a happy note this morning, whilst i was doing the reading.

think

This happens to me sometimes in "real life" physical readings but I've never known it happen during online readings. I can sometimes feel emotional, sometimes it makes me cry even. Then I feel silly and try and laugh it off. Or sometimes a reading can make me feel saddened for a while afterwards. Or happy also.

My suggestion is to take a break, do something for you, like read a book or go for a walk or something.

Sharla

This happens to me sometimes in "real life" physical readings but I've never known it happen during online readings. I can sometimes feel emotional, sometimes it makes me cry even. Then I feel silly and try and laugh it off. Or sometimes a reading can make me feel saddened for a while afterwards. Or happy also.

My suggestion is to take a break, do something for you, like read a book or go for a walk or something.

Yes my heart still feels kinda heavy still, i am i'm just doing chores now with music on etc.

Well hopefully the reading will benefit the person, as i must have totally connected with them from feeling this.

Ace

Sharla: When we read, we overlay the clients thought patterns over our own. Afterward we have to get rid of that. So, when you finish a reading, spend a few minutes clearing out what was put there in the reading: wipe your "hard drive" (your brain) by imagining it as a black board. It is covered with scribbles (the clients thoughts.) Erase the blackboard until it is nice and clean and then (because it is in your head, you have all the talent you need) imagine a pretty scene on the black board. You should feel better after a few minutes.

barb

Sharla

Sharla: When we read, we overlay the clients thought patterns over our own. Afterward we have to get rid of that. So, when you finish a reading, spend a few minutes clearing out what was put there in the reading: wipe your "hard drive" (your brain) by imagining it as a black board. It is covered with scribbles (the clients thoughts.) Erase the blackboard until it is nice and clean and then (because it is in your head, you have all the talent you need) imagine a pretty scene on the black board. You should feel better after a few minutes.

barb

I actually feel back to normal now, so its took about an hr for this to happen.

Thanks for your suggestion, i've just tried it out to see .....and i don't like it, i found it quite hard to do this, and all i could seem to draw on the blackboard was a tree and a house :confused:

I totally get your point though by it, i think if this ever happens again, then a small meditation might be better for me to do.

empress's dress

I've just finished doing someone a reading on here, and i'm sure this has never happened to me before... but whilst typing out a particular line coming towards the end of the reading, tears started to come to my eyes and my heart felt heavy, i even had a lump in my throat.

This is nothing to do with my emotional state, as i've been quite emotionally happy this morning.

I can feel it wearing off slightly now the feeling, but my heart still feels a little heavy.

Could this be the emotions from the sitter that i've picked up ?

Or would this just be the emotions i've picked up, whilst going through the cards and doing the reading ?

Was i feeling the sitters emotions that they're going through at present even ?

this happens to me almost all the time when i read when someone asks a serious question whether it be about love, family, friendship or work. sometimes i get so overwhelmed i get sick. it's called empathy. and for me it's an issue that i still haven't quite figured out how to put up a wall to and do readings.

i have a bunch of readings i need to do now. but i got a flu and i have needed to sleep way too much this past week. i know with my energy level i can't get into all the dimensions necessary to do the right kind of reading i want to do for another.

i have also found that when people have emotional responses to my questions and vice versa it becomes more than a reading. a friendship, a comraderie, a flowering of permanent goodwill comes to be and stays there pretty permamnently. i wouldn't trade it.

i know people who are in this state permanently when they do readings and they needs breaks. they do it professionally. and they are very successful at this. i know some people do rituals. the people i know don't have an rituals. they also have people to talk to. this is hard work...

i think therapists need therapists and so do card readers.

i think you are picking up the energy of all of the above honestly.

it has happened to me as much on line as in person. i have found no difference.