Opal, What's your story?

Wonderwoman

I'm very interested in buying Opal as a gift for my daughter who has just been accepted to college. I keep reading all these stories that it's bad luck, brings negativity.

What are your experiences with Opal? Good and Bad..

Would you recommend a person buys their own Opal instead of accepting as gift? Does that remove its curse/bad luck?

Thank you,

Ww :)

baconwaffles

I have never heard that, what I have heard is that not everyone jive's with the stone. It seems to elicit strong reactions either way. Personally, it's one of my favorite stones. I find it refreshing and clarifying for myself. I like to think it brings me luck.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Redfaery

Do not get an opal ring. It's not bad luck, but they're very impractical. Soft stone - it cracks very easily.

I have 3 large pieces of common opal. They're all lovely and not at all unlucky. One is a pink opal, and it's a very soothing stone with a very comforting energy.

GotH

I'd ignore any superstitious things you've heard. In my experience opals are just extreme magnifiers. Whatever you're feeling while wearing one will be magnified so just avoid them when in a dark mood..

Wonderwoman

Hello :) :) :)

Good to know it's got good attributes, experiences. A family member once told me it was bad luck and it stuck with me. Once I started looking online the feelings compounded with all the lore I read about them. Lol

I have never heard that, what I have heard is that not everyone jive's with the stone. It seems to elicit strong reactions either way. Personally, it's one of my favorite stones. I find it refreshing and clarifying for myself. I like to think it brings me luck.

Wonderwoman

Thanks!

I'll remember the ring advice. Maybe I'll get her a necklace or bracelet. I know it's definitely jewelry that I'm aiming for. Graduation gift.

Thank you :)

Do not get an opal ring. It's not bad luck, but they're very impractical. Soft stone - it cracks very easily.

I have 3 large pieces of common opal. They're all lovely and not at all unlucky. One is a pink opal, and it's a very soothing stone with a very comforting energy.

Wonderwoman

Duly noted! Thank you :)

I'd ignore any superstitious things you've heard. In my experience opals are just extreme magnifiers. Whatever you're feeling while wearing one will be magnified so just avoid them when in a dark mood..

baconwaffles

I personally have a beautifully smooth opal that fits in ny hand and a necklace with a rectangylar hanging opal. I love carrying these with me. I don't have a ring and yes perhaps if one isn't careful the stone can get marked.

RiverRunsDeep

Would you recommend a person buys their own Opal instead of accepting as gift? Does that remove its curse/bad luck?

I don't own an opal myself, but I have been told that the opposite is true. An opal is good luck only if you receive it as a gift. It is bad luck if you purchase it yourself. At least, that is the "True Story of Opals, According to River's Irish Mom". :laugh::laugh:

Tanga

What Opal curse???

Huh. Lol.

I got a Fire Opal as a graduation present (an aeon ago) - a small pendant.
I love it to bits and wear it when I'm working in my home treatment room.

Opals - are supposed to magnify sexual energy - which includes creativity of course. ;)