Self-published decks- what is your favorite?

Penthasilia

After falling for the Pagan Otherworlds and being very impressed with some of the smaller decks I have found on Etsy and such- just wondering if others wanted to weigh in?

Ohhh- and even though it is in the mail- the Divine Will tarot- so amazingly visceral!

What is your favorite self-published deck? Feel free to put all your ooohhhhs and ahhhhs in there too- sometimes gushing is the best form of self-care. :)

barefootlife

I think all my faves are independent decks, or were. Wild Unknown, Animal Spirit Oracle, Invisible Light, Wooden Tarot, Earthbound Oracle, Tarot of the Crone (which I await with bated breath)...

Not that any of these decks are unpopular or unknown, they're just not (or weren't, in the case of Wild Unknown) major publisher decks.

I do also have a charming little deck from Etsy called the Mayhem Tarot (which is actually an oracle) that has well-done art with over-the-top-'creepy' meanings attached. It reads pretty well for something that seems best suited for Halloween spooky silliness.

CosmicTarot

I don't own an independent deck yet, although Pagan Otherworlds is on the way.

Other than that I basically want them all: Serpentfire, Starchild, Prisma Visions Arthur Rackham Oracle Cards (that counts as self-published, right?), Wild Unknown, Fountain, Black Lilly. I'm considering purchasing them all at once, but I know it's madness. Tarot is giving me serious (and dangerous) cravings :p

Penthasilia

It is a slippery slope! I say- get a sled and go for it! :)

banbha

I predict my favorite self published deck will be The Brady Tarot. :p

Rose Lalonde

Tabula Mundi

Penthasilia

I predict my favorite self published deck will be The Brady Tarot. :p

That IS beautiful! I hadn't heard of that one before- thanks for bringing it up. I always love to see new decks. :love:

banbha

That IS beautiful! I hadn't heard of that one before- thanks for bringing it up. I always love to see new decks. :love:

It's a true independent deck, a one woman operation. She's an amazing artist.

Le Fanu

Baba is top of the list for me. I think they're real trail-blazers - all of their decks are fabulous.

Plus of course Pagan Otherworlds, Duck Soup (LOVE the Lynd Ward Tarot), Daniloff, Sevenfold Mystery, Distant Past, Tarot of Delphi, Ellis Tarot. Plus mustn't forget the Flornoy Marseilles and Yves' Tarot de Marseilles decks. There are so many!

gregory

de la Rea. No contest.