Tarot of Dreams

DownUnderNZer

2005 is well before my time...even 2009. I did not start buying Tarot decks until 2011 and on, so had no awareness of Ciro M's work until AT really. Any kind of Tarot really except the RW and Thoth.

I did not know the 1st Edition was made in 2005 - I thought 2009 although not sure why except maybe I read it somewhere or so I thought. :bugeyed:

I think it will be a deck I will have a great appreciation for and hopefully for many years to come.

Seems the 1st Edition is loved the most by a number of people as I saw it mentioned by one person on Amazon (maybe two) and on another website by a blogger.

DND :)

I like the original by FAR the best - though I am also fond of the extra 4 cards that came with the second edition. I bought it when it came out in 2005, and I paid $75 for it - as I recall that was a special deal trailed here. I also paid $75 for the second edition in 2009.

But past prices mean nothing - costs have gone up anyway, and the earlier ones are totally OOP and have to be bought used - and that always ups the price.

Morwenna

The only one I have is the 4th edition (MM). I wanted the 1st but couldn't afford it at the time; I dithered about the 2nd; after that I kind of lost track till the MM came out, and then I pounced on it. I don't know if I'd bother getting any of the earlier editions at this point; I'm quite happy with the one I have.

DownUnderNZer

I will cherish the 4th one as well and may even buy a back up copy.

Even if I had not looked it up properly when I got home I would have thought it was another brilliant artist (my style) and I would've wanted it anyhow.

The only one I have is the 4th edition (MM). I wanted the 1st but couldn't afford it at the time; I dithered about the 2nd; after that I kind of lost track till the MM came out, and then I pounced on it. I don't know if I'd bother getting any of the earlier editions at this point; I'm quite happy with the one I have.

cirom

The CD that was part of the original edition package, is unnecessary. It contained a series of animated videos for each card that were "entertaining" but certainly not essential to the understanding of the deck. It also contained its own proprietary reading software, which was pretty impressive for the time, even if I say so myself. But since that time technology has progressed. Most computers don't even have slots for CD drives anymore, and as for the reading software, that was also made redundant and by passed by something called a smart phone and "apps".

CharlotteK

I'm really happy with the 4th MM version too it's an excellent reading deck and the artwork is great. But seeing those photos of all the versions together, oh my, that large card 1st edition is stunning!
Thanks for sharing this photo of all 4. Amazing to see side by side I must say and it really does make a visual difference.

The 1st one is the biggest by far, and the 4th doesn't have the same kind of borders, yet all images are the same. Only...the third one does have the golden edges which I do like.

I think I may have to get the 2nd and 3rd as well if ever the opportunity arises.

I just bought the 1st edition and the 4th one.

I didn't know the first one came in a box - I thought just a pouch and CD.

Learn a new thing everyday.....

You really look after your cards which is A+++ in my books.

Anyways, thanks again for showing all of them, greatly appreciated.

DownUnderNZer

Thanks for that - am happy with getting the deck and to know it is not necessary.

I didn't even click that cds might not be accessible via Pcs. Will have to see if mine accepts music ones as I sometimes burn them to Mp3 format only have not done so in a while. A long long while.

The CD that was part of the original edition package, is unnecessary. It contained a series of animated videos for each card that were "entertaining" but certainly not essential to the understanding of the deck. It also contained its own proprietary reading software, which was pretty impressive for the time, even if I say so myself. But since that time technology has progressed. Most computers don't even have slots for CD drives anymore, and as for the reading software, that was also made redundant and by passed by something called a smart phone and "apps".

DownUnderNZer

Must say the original first edition of the TAROT OF DREAMS is truly spectacular and I have no regrets getting it. LOVE AT FIRST OPEN! :heart:

Still have not opened the "mass market" one yet and it has been sitting there at least 2 or 3 days.

Thanks to my older brothers' (and their friends) appreciation of "heavy metal" is why this art work appeals to me so much. Some of the best work I reckon is on the covers of those albums like "Iron Maiden" and "Deep Purple" etc. And the posters that came out in the 80s connected to them.

CIROM - I hope you keep producing these marvelous pieces of work - truly outstanding!

Cocobird55

I have all the versions and love the deck. The commercial one has the text of the original book that was on the disc of the first edition. It's worth getting the MM deck just for that.

DownUnderNZer

Fortunate indeed. Wish I had been exposed back in 2005.....

If ever the opportunity arises I will get the other two, but especially the gold edged one.

I have all the versions and love the deck. The commercial one has the text of the original book that was on the disc of the first edition. It's worth getting the MM deck just for that.