Reading rooms

seven stars

Usually, I have read on street corners up till this year, but I'm trying something a little different now & I've set up a room just for reading cards. It's just been a lot of fun adding to it, it feels like a real luxury, honestly. I was wondering if anyone else had a set-up in their home where they like to read, what's your environment like? Do you have people over to do readings? Would love to see your pix.

In mine, I wanted to put as many "positive" things as possible, things that put people in a good mindset - I have lots of Buddhas & Ganesh, oil diffuser/mister thingy, salt lamps, stars, butterflies, faerie wings, faerie houses, twinkly lights, candles, a carafe of water & candies & tea, singing bowls, plants, mermaids...you can't see all that from the photo but they're all in there.

I'm attaching (1) what my travel "office" usually looks like, (2) my normal street reading set-up & (3) new reading room at home. subject I'm sure to lots of changes.

Attachments

• My temporary office set up at Blue Line Coffee shop in Omaha.jpg
    My temporary office set up at Blue Line Coffee shop in Omaha.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 444
  • My little street reading set up in Kansas City.jpg
    My little street reading set up in Kansas City.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 448
  • Seven Stars reading room r.jpg
    Seven Stars reading room r.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,210

CharlotteK

Usually, I have read on street corners up till this year, but I'm trying something a little different now & I've set up a room just for reading cards. It's just been a lot of fun adding to it, it feels like a real luxury, honestly. I was wondering if anyone else had a set-up in their home where they like to read, what's your environment like? Do you have people over to do readings? Would love to see your pix.

Your new reading room is lovely! Very nice lighting and comfy chairs. Though your street corner table is very cool too 😎

I don't have a dedicated reading room (oh I wish) and I read in my lounge sitting on the sofa but I also try and create a relaxing ambience with cosy throws and nice cushions, an essential oil diffuser, fairy lights, a salt lamp and crystals 🙂

Arania

I usually read in the altar room.But only for family considering I would not want strangers in the house who might accidentally let the cats out.

Reading on street corners sounds interesting, would not be allowed over here though.

Sentient

seven stars, love your table setup on the street (though not how you're sandwiched between two garbage receptacles).

And your reading room is quite nice - anyone would envy that setup. :)

seven stars

That is one lavish bedroom. I wouldn't want to get out of bed! I think I would lose my cards in there, though.

When I do readings online I always take a photo of the spread for people & before I gussied up the whole room I would just make a 'spot' & add my candles & reading mats & all that for an ambient "photograph"....OH, and I'm working on possibly reading cards as a part of a mystery murder night - I'd love to set up a room in 'period' & be the reader in a storyline - wouldn't that be FUN??? It may not happen but here's hoping.

Morwenna

Luxury indeed! I usually read on my bed too but it doesn't look half as flossy as that! It just has a maple headboard and some sort of quilted cover, plain or paisley or floral, no frills. (Frills wouldn't go down too well with my 6'3" 370 lb. husband anyway, not to mention the cat.) If I had a small room that I could devote to reading and suchlike, I'd be delighted, but I don't see it happening any time soon. The only hope is if I can devote a corner of a room to this.

zhadee

Your thread inspired me to take my cards to the park. I chose a bench, pinned a note onto it which had 'Tarot readings' written down. I also had two cushions and a tablet to place the cards upon. So I sat there for about an hour, reading a book, feeling excited.
Nobody came near me, apart from a huge white dog. Nobody asked for a reading. I might have to find a different spot. But it felt good anyway!