How to clean a deck?

Debra

When I don't feel connected to a deck I want to read with, I wrap it in a handkerchief and sleep with it under my pillow for a few nights.

gregory

Given that it was YOUR deck, I don't think cleansing is the issue here - if I believed in decks holding energy, the energy in it would be your own.

I still think - just play with it. Make friends again.

It would be good to hear what you, cheri_j, think of the suggestions so far...

cheri_j

Thank you for all of your help

I have been using the deck everyday, hopefully putting forth my energy back into the deck. Now we might have a day here or there where nothing resonates, but it feels like we are becoming one again. :)

IndigoViolet

Not everybody will "feel" energy or have any surges nor kind of a "shocking effect" of the body etc. It is not necessarily that everybody will react the same on the same issue. Say, your tarot readings. What works for others does not necessarily works for you

If intuition or intuitive methods do not work, try to do anything you want with the imagery. Say for example, making stories out of it, or put it in a way you want it to be. However by doing this, do and do so, pay attention on your own underlying feeling towards anything that you said and think, be it an intrusive thought (though you appear to have none to the point nothing *will* come, meaning your defense is very good), or just your own. If you have to, write them down.

Good luck and hope this helps. And no. You don't have to clean your cards via rituals if you aren't very comfortable with it. My tarot cards read fine as it is. But if you feel better banishing external influence, you can always make a prayer.

snowmoon

there are many method of cleaning..

clean by smoke, burn sage

by sunlight, the damage of this is the illustration might fake away.

by crystal , you can get little pice of 1 g small crystal , then let your deck sit on it.

Energy doesn't much factor into my tarot paradigm but I have a sort of reset ritual that I try to do at least once a month with decks I work regularly with. It takes some time but it feels worth it to me.
First, I go to a quiet space (but this sometimes involves music) and go through my deck, putting my cards in order and physically clean them with a (dry… obviously) cloth used for cleaning glasses. Then, I construct Jodorowsky's tarot mandala (but really, any construct using all 78 cards will do), reflecting on each card as I lay it down. After construction, I meditate on the deck as a whole for a while before deconstructing the mandala into 16 piles, (the fool, one pile for each number (with Trumps 1-10 & 11-21 (ex: Aces, Magician, Strength), each court rank and the world ), combine piles (in order) and then shuffle my deck 78 times (with my eyes closed), reflecting on an individual card for each shuffle. After this, I set the deck aside until I'm ready to read with it again.