SCRYING?

celticnoodle

I LOVE to water scry... and wine scry... and coffee scry. :bugeyed: You are right it really doesn't matter. ;)

oh yes! I remember your coffee scrying! But, wine scrying??? :laugh: I don't remember you doing that--though I do remember reading that you drank a bit of wine BEFORE scrying--unless I have that mixed up! :laugh: I'm going to have to search for THAT divining thread!!! :D

GotH

Ha ha! At least I thought I was scrying. Could have just been me hallucinating though. :shhh: :surprise: :joke:

EvaSegovia

It's fun to read your comments... GotH, I saved the long thread you posted to my phone so I can peruse at my leisure. And Celticnoodle, you're absolutely right. That pattern you chose gave me an absolute HEADACHE! Anyway, I just bought the book by Uma Silbey from Amazon, and I've been staring into crystals online since I last posted. Interestingly enough, I was able to make out images in a few. One had a huge X, so I won't be buying that one LOL!

EvaSegovia

I was just remembering the images I first spyed in the tile of my bathroom when moving here. I saw a zebra and a large cup very much like the RWS cups. Didn't know I was scrying (was I?) Anyway, I looked up the symbolism of the zebra when I first noticed it and one meaning that immediately jumped out at me was blending in (the stripes make them blend into the herd, which confuses the lions) Blending in, coupled with emotions (cups) told me I'd easily blend in on this island, and that I'd love it. I do...

celticnoodle

It's fun to read your comments... GotH, I saved the long thread you posted to my phone so I can peruse at my leisure. And Celticnoodle, you're absolutely right. That pattern you chose gave me an absolute HEADACHE! Anyway, I just bought the book by Uma Silbey from Amazon, and I've been staring into crystals online since I last posted. Interestingly enough, I was able to make out images in a few. One had a huge X, so I won't be buying that one LOL!

:laugh: Smart move, I think!

I was just remembering the images I first spyed in the tile of my bathroom when moving here. I saw a zebra and a large cup very much like the RWS cups. Didn't know I was scrying (was I?) Anyway, I looked up the symbolism of the zebra when I first noticed it and one meaning that immediately jumped out at me was blending in (the stripes make them blend into the herd, which confuses the lions) Blending in, coupled with emotions (cups) told me I'd easily blend in on this island, and that I'd love it. I do...

Yes, you were scrying then. :) You were scrying also if you ever layed down on the ground and looked at clouds and saw various things--animals, etc. :D

EvaSegovia

I see a lot of dragons in the clouds

EvaSegovia

GotH, just finished a few pages of the long, LONG thread... Just wanted to let you know I'm REALLY enjoying it

headincloud

Meditating before scrying is helpful so you're calm before you start, it takes ages but play with your focus, we can either look at a pane of glass or through a pane of glass and as you relax your focus changes from the former to the latter, you'll enter a trance state and the glass/mirror/ball will cloud over, when this starts happening you're onto a winner but don't expect results overnight and it's difficult to maintain that exact state because the conscious realization that you're in an altered state jolts us back to normal waking consciousness, just persevere.

The environment will turn to a purple haze or tinge if you're high enough, this is the state of swan medicine in Native American culture, referred to often as purple rain dreams and there's nothing to fear but you'll know all about it, not always and you don't necessarily need to be at that level to scry successfully but it may come with your first successful deep experience especially if you're a meditator. Read Swan medicine for further insight.

Once you can see a clear haze shapes will start forming, stories will be played out coming from the haze which keeps changing and reforming to present various pictures which can sometimes be cartoon animated type images, but sometimes not. your power animals for example where there is absolutely no mistaking what you're being shown, it's not unlike watching the TV and these impressions can go on for minutes depending what's being conveyed.

Could for example be a cartoon image of a dark room with someone resisting being pulled out of bed and then the person explains they've been in a deeply depressive period.

I can't to date ever remember getting colour images when scrying, always like black and white tv, I do however get colour when I get psychic images through clairvoyance when not deliberately scrying.

The easiest things to scry in are things where there are slight movement like clouds, fire, bowl of water, rain on a window pane and a tuned off television screen probably tops the list for me personally but crystal balls are effective because of their high frequency though a blank wall can do equally well or a radiator because of the groves in it which force your eyes into the desired focus.

Your looking for daydream state, that's the first step on the ladder and the rest will follow if you can learn to induce that.

EvaSegovia

That was a VERY helpful post on what you actually experience. And how to recreate the experience... Thanks for taking the time, headincloud. As a matter of fact, I do meditate a little. And I daydream a lot. I think I understand when you say: "The easiest things to scry in are things where there are slight movement like clouds, fire, bowl of water, rain on a window pane" I'll test it out...