Angel Tarot TdM Reprint?

G6

I found a deck that looks very similar to the Angel Tarot TdM that I believe was originally published by a Japanese playing card company and then distributed by US Games in 1980 and then again in 1997.

See original here:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/angel-marseille/

Seems this is the same deck now called Tarot de Marseille Mamanmiyuki 2013 on Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00EUC0AQ8/aeclectictaro-21/

Anybody know more about this Marseille version? Any other editions out there?

Info appreciated!

😊 ✌🏻

G6

Le Fanu

That's a curiosity - hadn't seen this even though I have done recent Marseilles searches on amazon uk.

And it certainly looks like the Angel deck. Funny how it sort of mimics Yves boxes for the Madenié, Payen etc. The design is very similar.

rachelcat

Not the same as the Angel, then, because the Angel has straight swords and French suit signs on the pips.

G6

Looks very similar. I don't have my Angel TdM in front of me to compare with the pics from the new one in the AT link above.

Mini size is too small for me, but it looks nice and similar to Angel TdM.

What is the original artwork these are both off of?

Madrigal

The deck I associate with the name Angel Tarot is this one by Stuart Kaplan, quite different from the mamanmiyuki one listed above.

G6

The deck I associate with the name Angel Tarot is this one by Stuart Kaplan, quite different from the mamanmiyuki one listed above.

Yep, that's the one I was referring to and the art work looks similar to me.

ayuryogini

I love this mamanmiyuki TdM, so glad I read this thread; I just ordered it through amazon.co.uk yesterday. I especially love the way she's done the faces.

G6

PIC

Okay, I'm back at home base and got a chance to compare with the Angel TdM and they are different. I posted some pics below, so you can refer back to the Amazon link above to compare/contrast same cards in each deck.

PIC Angel TdM

Attachments

• Angel_TdM.jpg
    Angel_TdM.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 321