Help with a dream

Bonny

Hi There,

I dreamt that I was driving a car along after getting things together to leave a major city. I had been in the major city for a conference , my research required it. Then the cars started to go the other way - as in the cars were driving at me reversed. So I got my car driving reversed as well.
Then I was on another floor (lower floor) of where we had been staying . (I had been staying with another member of my family) in a hôtel.
Everyone (including cars) was coming in covered in little white pebbles/stones. And it all became a fairytale. They were dressing up for a fairytale presentation there.

My sense of this is based around the reversing of the cars and the floors on the hotel.
I think this is a message that I need to go backwards a bit and consolidate to make this research go well.

Not sure about the stones though? Maybe this could be making the best out of the criticism that comes with research work... that it becomes ideal.

Any kind suggestions?

Bonny:)

violetdaisy

Hi There,

I dreamt that I was driving a car along after getting things together to leave a major city. I had been in the major city for a conference , my research required it. Then the cars started to go the other way - as in the cars were driving at me reversed. So I got my car driving reversed as well.
Then I was on another floor (lower floor) of where we had been staying . (I had been staying with another member of my family) in a hôtel.
Everyone (including cars) was coming in covered in little white pebbles/stones. And it all became a fairytale. They were dressing up for a fairytale presentation there.

My sense of this is based around the reversing of the cars and the floors on the hotel.
I think this is a message that I need to go backwards a bit and consolidate to make this research go well.

Not sure about the stones though? Maybe this could be making the best out of the criticism that comes with research work... that it becomes ideal.

Any kind suggestions?

I think you're right about the dream pertaining to backing up and going down. Backing up would indicate going over what you've already done (or where you've already been) - a review, because anyone else who looks at your research will be reviewing it.

Did your room change to that lower floor or were you just visiting it? If you're saying that you obtained your own room on a lower floor instead of the room on the upper floor bunking with your fam - I think that gaining independence may be a priority for you even if it means you have a longer (upward) journey than you had with assistance.

If everything/one was coming in covered in little white pebbles its a bit like armor - a creative, flexible armor that still does it's job. If you were the only one not covered in these stones it's likely a suggestion about hardening yourself - maybe to unconstructive criticism.

Bonny

I think you're right about the dream pertaining to backing up and going down. Backing up would indicate going over what you've already done (or where you've already been) - a review, because anyone else who looks at your research will be reviewing it.

Did your room change to that lower floor or were you just visiting it? If you're saying that you obtained your own room on a lower floor instead of the room on the upper floor bunking with your fam - I think that gaining independence may be a priority for you even if it means you have a longer (upward) journey than you had with assistance.

If everything/one was coming in covered in little white pebbles its a bit like armor - a creative, flexible armor that still does it's job. If you were the only one not covered in these stones it's likely a suggestion about hardening yourself - maybe to unconstructive criticism.

Thanks so much!!

Yes, this is clicking with me. The 'protecting' myself due to the overcritical atmosphere makes sense. It has been harrowing.
My research has lately been deepening in the area for which I attended the conference in that major city. Aren't dreams amazing!? Yes absolutely I do need to go after that information.

The call for greater independence is accurate.

Thank you!!!

bluelagune

I had similar dream before. The car represents your ambitions in life. When you are forced to change direction, this dream becomes a warning. So question is do you want to fallow what someone tells you? Will you be happy? Are your dreams and ambitions going where you want them to go? ...
Hôtel is temporary recoupe. You are now in the a pause state. I suggest you take it as an opportunity and find your own path because at the end of your journey the only person you are responsible is yourself.
As to stones, not sure... they can be precious and they also can be a burden. So what did you feel when you saw them ?

Bonny

I had similar dream before. The car represents your ambitions in life. When you are forced to change direction, this dream becomes a warning. So question is do you want to fallow what someone tells you? Will you be happy? Are your dreams and ambitions going where you want them to go? ...
Hôtel is temporary recoupe. You are now in the a pause state. I suggest you take it as an opportunity and find your own path because at the end of your journey the only person you are responsible is yourself.
As to stones, not sure... they can be precious and they also can be a burden. So what did you feel when you saw them ?

Thank-you!

Yes, this is really helpful!

My ambitions ar involved in this. Yes, I am recalling the entire four lane motorway was reversing along the way - what actually happened that I vaguely remembered but noted when conscious, was I got to turn the car around in the forward-going direction again. The way it was, The way it is with this reversal in my research I do feel glad because it's strengthening me/my research outcomes.
I think I was sent right to the top level and now realise I needed some preliminary foundational work... and it's in the ideas part = amazing given the fairytale impressions of the stones.

Yes the stokes felt precious more than burdensome...

Thank you again!!!

B:)

Bonny

post deleted.

Hi Ruby Jewel, I am sorry I didn't get to write back to your post sooner. I was needing a breather to then return as I had been contemplating the very good things you have said to me.

First of all THANK YOU!!

Yes, you are correct, the car has been a symbol of control and yes the question on who that person was (yes it was my mother too... but not behind the wall... she was just waiting in the place where I had left her as I went about getting the car ready to go etc, but I did feel worried for her safety.) So what you shared was really generous and insightful for me on this. I do wonder if she represents an ideal that I am trying to protect - not sure.

I agree with you that these dreams can be quite literal!!

I can't remember other parts of what you said sorry ... I will think on this more thank you!

Ruby Jewel

Hi Ruby Jewel, I am sorry I didn't get to write back to your post sooner. I was needing a breather to then return as I had been contemplating the very good things you have said to me.

First of all THANK YOU!!

Yes, you are correct, the car has been a symbol of control and yes the question on who that person was (yes it was my mother too... but not behind the wall... she was just waiting in the place where I had left her as I went about getting the car ready to go etc, but I did feel worried for her safety.) So what you shared was really generous and insightful for me on this. I do wonder if she represents an ideal that I am trying to protect - not sure.

I agree with you that these dreams can be quite literal!!

I can't remember other parts of what you said sorry ... I will think on this more thank you!

Hi Bonny, glad you got to read it before I deleted it. I felt I was just repeating what others were saying. Not to worry.