Various Decks and books

Leighqt

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I have a few items that have come to my attention as being rare some of the prices are fairly high like £ 800 high whilst I know someone sold the same thing for $100.

Another example is I have a book that on eBay on person is selling it at £16 whilst another at £80.

What's a girl to do

Farzon

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I have a few items that have come to my attention as being rare some of the prices are fairly high like £ 800 high whilst I know someone sold the same thing for $100.

Another example is I have a book that on eBay on person is selling it at £16 whilst another at £80.

What's a girl to do
Depends completely on your financial pouvoir I'd say. I would never buy a deck for £ 800 myself! My most expensive one was for £ 300 and I don't think I'd spend so much money on a deck again...

gregory

What decks/books are they ? Between us we can give you a vague idea, probably.

Leighqt

I have Mythic Tarot second edition cards and book
Tarot Revelations Joseph Campbell
The magic of the Tarot Osborne Philips.

Prices are all over he shop, in fairness with regards the Mythic the majority of used decks seem to be retailing at £200 ish pounds

Tanga

People can charge what they like for OOP items.
It's up to your pocket. :) And other details like what condition is the item in,
what edition etc. that you prefer.

I remember cursing because when I was looking for Barbara G Walker - (then OOP - now it's been re-issued in a tin) I was expecting no less than £200... but when I searched eBay someone was selling theirs plus book for £27. In great condition too.

(the tin... is forever tempting as I rather like tin-size :joke:).

gregory

The Campbell book - a first edition - is on abe for £20, and later editions for not much more.

The Mythic (with Greene's images rather than the nasty New Mythic !) seems to be on amazon for £35, though I'd need to follow that one up to be sure. Certainly it sells for that sort of price quite frequently.

The Phillips is on amazon UK for £13 and change.

Sorry if I burst any bubbles here ;)

Nemia

If you can work with a deck in another language - the Mythic is often cheaply available on Amazon in the German version as Das Delphische Tarot...

page of ghosts

If you can work with a deck in another language - the Mythic is often cheaply available on Amazon in the German version as Das Delphische Tarot...

That's the one I have. The images seem to maybe be a little darker than the English printing (going off the pics I've seen online since I don't have one irl to compare) but it's really good still and I got the English book for it since it's affordable used and on it's own. The English version is still a little out of my price league so this was a good compromise.

Grizabella

What's a girl to do

One of my pet peeves is that word "Rare". A lot of ebay sellers have found that if you tack the word "rare" onto a listing, then some sucker will inevitably buy it, thinking it's truly rare. I've seen that word even used in craigslist and etsy listing, trying to get sales. Buyer beware! If a listing says "rare", take it with a boulder of salt, not just a grain of salt.

Leighqt

The Campbell book - a first edition - is on abe for £20, and later editions for not much more.

The Mythic (with Greene's images rather than the nasty New Mythic !) seems to be on amazon for £35, though I'd need to follow that one up to be sure. Certainly it sells for that sort of price quite frequently.

The Phillips is on amazon UK for £13 and change.

Sorry if I burst any bubbles here ;)

I could not see any of these on Amazon at these prices,although will check again