8 of swords as knowing about something

Adriana

I asked if someone knew about something in a spread and got this card.
Then I thought a bit deeper on the card because I couldnt figure out at first if they would or wouldn't. She is blindfolded, but if you found out something through investigation or sneaking in 7 of swords, that knowledge could lead to a 8 of swords situation, knowledge kind of traps you. So possibly the person knows and is affected by it in a negative way or trying to ignore it.
Or someone else is trying to manipulate them or tell lies so they do not see or decides they do not want to see the thruth.
Im not sure this card is obvious on this, but somehow the more I think about it the more complex it could get lol

Flames

I don't know how much help I'm going to be...but a couple of times I asked whether someone had received a message I sent and the 8 of Swords popped up. I didn't understand what it meant until some time later when I discovered the person never saw the message. So, it could mean the person was 'blind' to whatever thing or information. They hadn't seen it. They don't even know it's there. To them, it doesn't 'exist'. It's not a part of their 'reality'. Sometimes, cards can be that literal and looking deeper into the card actually confuses matters. It all depends on the question, I suppose. I like your take as well and it could very well be true. Maybe this person 'knows' but kind of wishes they didn't know...Sometimes, ignorance IS bliss.

In my case, both times, the 8 of Swords reflected what was going on for me, too. So while the other person didn't see the message, I was concocting all these ideas in my head as to why they didn't respond - did I do something wrong? were they offended by something I said? oh no, what does it mean now that they haven't responded? does it mean they don't like me? etc. etc. etc. I was becoming trapped by my own thoughts and feeling really stuck about what to do next...and none of that was necessary. It was a lot of wasted energy...

Adriana

I don't know how much help I'm going to be...but a couple of times I asked whether someone had received a message I sent and the 8 of Swords popped up. I didn't understand what it meant until some time later when I discovered the person never saw the message. So, it could mean the person was 'blind' to whatever thing or information. They hadn't seen it. They don't even know it's there. To them, it doesn't 'exist'. It's not a part of their 'reality'. Sometimes, cards can be that literal and looking deeper into the card actually confuses matters. It all depends on the question, I suppose. I like your take as well and it could very well be true. Maybe this person 'knows' but kind of wishes they didn't know...Sometimes, ignorance IS bliss.

In my case, both times, the 8 of Swords reflected what was going on for me, too. So while the other person didn't see the message, I was concocting all these ideas in my head as to why they didn't respond - did I do something wrong? were they offended by something I said? oh no, what does it mean now that they haven't responded? does it mean they don't like me? etc. etc. etc. I was becoming trapped by my own thoughts and feeling really stuck about what to do next...and none of that was necessary. It was a lot of wasted energy...

I can see this, they are not aware. The swords outside them could be knowdedge, but they are blindfolded, at least as of yet.. So it makes sense what you say. But could also be they havent done anything to try to find out either for some reason.
But after reading your comment I also remembered one case I asked the exact same question as you, wheter someone had seen the message I had sent. Turned out they got a new phone and in between the change they had missed it. But I remember I never really believed them lol

nisaba

Perhaps they know, or think-they-know, something that fills them with trepidation.

Or perhaps it reflects your anxiety over what you think they might or might not know.

Ruby Jewel

I asked if someone knew about something in a spread and got this card.
Then I thought a bit deeper on the card because I couldnt figure out at first if they would or wouldn't. She is blindfolded, but if you found out something through investigation or sneaking in 7 of swords, that knowledge could lead to a 8 of swords situation, knowledge kind of traps you. So possibly the person knows and is affected by it in a negative way or trying to ignore it.
Or someone else is trying to manipulate them or tell lies so they do not see or decides they do not want to see the thruth.
Im not sure this card is obvious on this, but somehow the more I think about it the more complex it could get lol

8 of Swords is someone who has tied themselves up in confusion with too much thinking....unable to see a situation clearly, if at all. Her next stop is the 9 of Swords and then the 10. Best to stop right here, take off the blindfold and untie the rope, step away from the swords...which means stop thinking. When you get some distance from the situation and look back on it as a whlole, the answer will be clear.

Adriana

Perhaps they know, or think-they-know, something that fills them with trepidation.

Or perhaps it reflects your anxiety over what you think they might or might not know.

Yeah, I just have a hard time seing this card as blissful ignorance or just totally being unaware of something.. That it at least is some effect on the person, even if they may not be totally aware.

The last you say is always a possibility...

Adriana

8 of Swords is someone who has tied themselves up in confusion with too much thinking....unable to see a situation clearly, if at all. Her next stop is the 9 of Swords and then the 10. Best to stop right here, take off the blindfold and untie the rope, step away from the swords...which means stop thinking. When you get some distance from the situation and look back on it as a whlole, the answer will be clear.

Yes, you have a good point here. Im not sure if you then mean that they would be aware or not though.. Or maybe you mean that the confusion would cloud the perception?

Barleywine

The 8 of Swords strikes me as a card of almost total frustration. Possibly the person knows but is blocked in some way from articulating that knowledge. Overthinking the situation to the point of paralysis would do it, but perhaps at that point there's more distorted conjecture than fact in the deliberation. The card speaks volumes about suppressed anxiety to me, but I also note that the woman's feet aren't bound, and the intuitive sign Pisces rules the feet, so there is at least the hint of a way out of the dilemma.

Adriana

The 8 of Swords strikes me as a card of almost total frustration. Possibly the person knows but is blocked in some way from articulating that knowledge. Overthinking the situation to the point of paralysis would do it, but perhaps at that point there's more distorted conjecture than fact in the deliberation. The card speaks volumes about suppressed anxiety to me, but I also note that the woman's feet aren't bound, and the intuitive sign Pisces rules the feet, so there is at least the hint of a way out of the dilemma.

The thing here is that it is very possible that IF this person did know about the issue at hand, they would likely feel this way implied by 8 of swords. Which also makes me suspect that there is some knowledge. I see your point very much, and if they do know about things the inability to express this knowledge or talk about it would make sense to the situation..

Ruby Jewel

Yes, you have a good point here. Im not sure if you then mean that they would be aware or not though.. Or maybe you mean that the confusion would cloud the perception?

Any communication that gets through here is garbled, misunderstood, or altogether wrong. The point of this card is that you are in this state for your own protection, to avoid a situation that will just hold you back. It actually indicates release from this condition and breaking free from the complications.