Waterworld dreams

BrightEye

Over the years, I've been having dreams about cities by the sea or built in the sea (like Venice) as well as being able to shapeshift into a sea mammal or a seabird. I feel very comfortable and at home in those dreams.

I know about the associations of water with emotions, and one possible reading would be that I feel comfortable about my emotional life. But I wonder whether there's more to it. The dreams seem to be linked by setting and by the ability of people to shapeshift into animals that live either in the sea or by it.

violetdaisy

The ability to move fluidly from one environment to another could be a theme as well. (I.e. Adaptation) Either the dream expressing the desire to have it or an expression of how you feel because you have it. And freedom could be a key as well. There's something very freeing about being able to go where you want when you want because you have the ability to do so.

BrightEye

The ability to move fluidly from one environment to another could be a theme as well. (I.e. Adaptation) Either the dream expressing the desire to have it or an expression of how you feel because you have it. And freedom could be a key as well. There's something very freeing about being able to go where you want when you want because you have the ability to do so.

Those are two interesting points I've never thought of. The ability to breathe underwater, or developing gills to adapt, was also a theme in one of the dreams, so adaptability is certainly a theme as well.

RiverRunsDeep

Maybe the sea represents the maternal womb and creativity? In that case, maybe you are currently drawn to a specific mother figure or to self-nurturing, or maybe you are focused on creative and artistic endeavors.

BrightEye

Maybe the sea represents the maternal womb and creativity? In that case, maybe you are currently drawn to a specific mother figure or to self-nurturing, or maybe you are focused on creative and artistic endeavors.

I'm always focused on creative and artistic endeavours, so maybe it does have something to do with that.

danieljuk

Really fascinating BE! I think this is about boundaries and fluidity. The cities built in or by the sea (they are challenging the boundaries of Earth / Water elements) and linked to emotions there. But the humans / animals changing are also about boundaries, an animal or human has qualities and identities but changing into something else has new qualities and an identity.

I think this means that you don't want to be trapped by one identity or how you are perceived, you want to be fluid with many identities or characteristics. I think this symbolism represents your need for fluidity and not trapped in one form, you want to traverse several elements or areas or cultures. I would look at these dreams with keywords like fluidity, freedom, metamorphosis and the negatives (shadow side) would be trapped, boundaries, the conventional.

BrightEye

I think this means that you don't want to be trapped by one identity or how you are perceived, you want to be fluid with many identities or characteristics. I think this symbolism represents your need for fluidity and not trapped in one form, you want to traverse several elements or areas or cultures.
That is very true! Thank you for pointing that out to me. It never occurred to me like this before.