"Lenormand Decks: Easy to Not Easy" for Reading.

Barleywine

Right now I only have five Lenormand decks: the Piatnik, Laura Tuan's Lenormand Oracle, the Gilded Reverie, the Burning Serpent and Pixie's Astounding Lenormand. The key feature of all of them (if alternate titles are disregarded) is that there is usually no confusion about what the images are trying to convey in terms of literal meaning (although the Burning Serpent takes some getting used to). For me, that's the key feature of a readable deck. Artistic virtuosity needs to be constrained by the demands of instant recognition or it risks misleading the reader.

DownUnderNZer

The more I have gone through my decks it has become more and more apparent just how vital "visual" really is and/or that the "image" needs to stand out on it's own - so I do agree.

Simple, fantasy or abstract - the image needs to be recognized straight away.

DND :)

Right now I only have five Lenormand decks: the Piatnik, Laura Tuan's Lenormand Oracle, the Gilded Reverie, the Burning Serpent and Pixie's Astounding Lenormand. The key feature of all of them (if alternate titles are disregarded) is that there is usually no confusion about what the images are trying to convey in terms of literal meaning (although the Burning Serpent takes some getting used to). For me, that's the key feature of a readable deck. Artistic virtuosity needs to be constrained by the demands of instant recognition or it risks misleading the reader.