Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 301 : May 6 - May 12

Ballerina

Hi all. I'm working with my new Cat Tarot this week.

csmith0406

Hi everyone! I'm in with Tabula Mundi and Oracle of Echoes. Happy Saturday!

BodhiSeed

VG, Please sign me up with the Tarot of the Sidhe and the Greenman Tree Oracle. :)

Welcome to the DoW clan, AnemoneRosie! :D

Carojulie

I've never participated in deck of the week before. However, I'll try it with the Wild Unknown.
Welcome Anemone ! I hope you will enjoy the happy crowd here at DOTW as much as I do !

Thank you VG for the new thread :)

Japaridze Tarot and Piatnik Petit Lenormand for me please !

I cannot believe another week has passed.
I seem to have very little to no time to work with my decks these days. Last week I had projects for exploring the Japaridze tarot through several exercises from the Tarot Kaizen book and from my beloved Tarot Playbook, but I merely did 10% of what I wanted to do, so I feel the need to keep working with the Japaridze tarot for at least one or two weeks !

And I will aslo try to put a little time aside for learning some more Lenormand technique with my little Piatnik deck.

I will come back to chat about my chosen decks later.

Today is election day in France, results will be known tonight. I have not been very impressed by this overall campaign, and I confess that one of the finalist candidate downright scares the shit out of me (pardon my "french").
I have already voted this morning, done my duty, dices are cast ! But on this final day of the election, before the results are known tonight, I think I will try my hand at this "election spread" that I found of the forum:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32811&highlight=Election+spread

Have a good weekend everyone ! Much warmth !

CharlotteK

Hi VG and all the DotW-ers. Didn't spend very much time with Cult of Weimar other than to look through it and edge it. So will do another week with it and dig into the info on the website about the historical characters that feature.

lantana

Cosmos Tarot & Oracle

Sorry I'm so late! Last week was very hectic for me, but now I have the time to go back to my cards again. I'm going to finally work with the Cosmos Tarot & Oracle this week, and probably the next few as well. I kept telling myself I would give this deck a proper studying when I stopped getting so many new decks, and since all my money is going toward pre-orders this is as good a time as any!

Thanks VG!

Green Faerie

Hi all - I am very, very late in posting, but Tarot of the Hidden Realm for me, please. Not sure how much time I will have to do tarot, but I am going to try. :)

Amberjune

Hi all,

I'm late to the party as well! Have already begun with two newly acquired decks:the Da Vinci Enigma and the wonderful Life Design cards. Already in love with the latter, very responsive,with a certain sense of humor. DaVinci is great too, so far. But I haven't done a full reading yet.

@Carojoulie, I must say I feel a certain relief over the outcome of the elections in France,a country I love so much and have traveled to often. And yet, today's politics seem void of any visions or plans that resonate with me. Curious to see what Uranus' transit into Taurus next year will open up in the economic and political spheres.

I'm also working with the Tarot Kaizen, bought the book just last week :)

RavenOfSummer

Well I'd love to jump in late too- I wonder who will be latest to join! :laugh:

I'm back to my Celtic Wisdom tarot and Moon Phases Oracle, while also still trying to learn my Voice of the Trees oracle. This combination just seems to really be working for me right now :)

DaughterOfDanu

When it was first printed there were a lot of people who were upset and felt the cards were insensitively glorifying the Chinese oppression of, well, everyone and everything. And a few other things. :p I can PM you if you're curious about those, but I don't want to stir the now-peaceful can of angry worms up on the public forum.

That sounds really interesting. I'll have to google it sometime.

I'm starting to connect with the Faerie Enchantments oracle. I wish I'd read the guidebook first as how to use them would make more sense. They're my first set of 'spell cards' that have more use than just readings so I feel like I could get a lot of use out of this deck. It also makes me do some research on the deities and fae involved in the deck which is something I've been needing to do as I have an interest in Druidry.

I felt really drawn to using it with the Faeries' Oracle. I've never used two oracles together, just mixed tarot and oracle, and I'm rather impressed with the combination and how it reads. I read the FO more like I would tarot, as representing the smaller ins and outs of daily life and the Faerie Enchantments as I would an oracle, as the bigger message and underlying current of the reading as well as advice. I'm digging it! Froud's style of faeries is the closest thing I've seen to Ian Daniels' style.