Tarot Forum    

pacificwaters & myself ~Summer 2017 ~ Practice exchange

> Tarot Forum > All Kinds of Readings > Reading Exchange

Citizen

CosmicBeing 
pacificwaters & myself ~Summer 2017 ~ Practice exchange

We thought it be fun to open a tarot practice mix with discussion because we seem to both like to weave in a lot of other esoteric practices within tarot. Tarot is a complex system with many esoteric knowledge that helps bring in messages with multiple layers of meanings to represent how not black & white life is.

Slow moving thread.

*Avoiding any third party or mind reading type discussions.
We can even help each other with our own pulls if we get stumped.

Top   #1
Citizen

pacificwaters 

In continuation with the question for our exchange (A reading about going back to university), just pulled these cards from the Thoth for the CC spread

Layout:

****4********9
5*1 / 2*6****8
****3********7

Skipping the description, but posting a link to the picture of the cards got

1 The querent´s situation: 10/Cups (satiety) (Mars in Pisces)

So we had the Knight of Disks here when we had last exchanged in the newbie exchange. The first impression from this card is that you are at a comfortable place currently with regards to your education. Your educational credentials till date are sufficient to have you well placed in life. But as the question says, you still are thinking about having a go at further education. We could look that up as we progress into the other cards. Astrologically this card is about Mars in Pisces which is technically the twelfth house. This house is also a house for furtherance in spiritual and secret learnings. The twelfth house is also that of mental anguish and with Mars here, though well placed and meaning no harm there might be a heightened desire to study further and improve self, maybe to have a one-up on competition, if it exists. (Mars aspecting the sixth house)

2 The crossing influence: 3/Cups (Abundance) (Mercury in Cancer)

The card that had come up here was the six of disks during our last exchange. However as a crossing influence the three of cups has the keyword abundance. Tying it up with the previous card, the urge for you to perhaps continue your education further is linked with an innate desire to study more. This might be just to have a further degree in hand with the hope that it might help you sometime in future or just to snuff out competition in your trade. Cancer the traditional fourth house is about land, houses, installations, buildings, perfumes, clothes, digging, knowledge of land and geography, etc. With mercury, the karaka of education being placed here I would venture into saying that your urge to study further could be related to these fields. You had mentioned architecture; I think this could be seen shaping up here.

3 The root cause / subconscious influence: Adjustment (VIII) (Libra)

I think i would see this card as this innate desire within your subconscious which desires that you venture into a field which would balance your current educational qualifications, or may be add an edge. While you are aware that the current set of qualifications that you possess may be enough for you currently you inwardly also realise that a bit of discipline and advancement in education combined can give you a better progress in your future endeavours.

4 The known influence / Goals and intentions: Ace of Cups (Libra Scorpio Sagittarius quadrant)

The Ace is one of the most powerful and potent cards. Like i have been saying above, pursuance of education is going to bring about huge rewards for you. While there would be emotional gratification, it would also help satisfy the cravings of further education and the zeal to study thats burning in you. Observe that this quadrant doesn’t have the Earth factor. So your will to study further is more driven through emotional and mental needs than the yearning of raking in more money in the future!

5 The recent past: The Chariot (Cancer)

We had the ten of cups coming up here. What was the recent past 2 months ago is surprisingly now the querent’s (your) situation (in this reading)!! Interesting, aint it!! Would love to read your take on this

Things have probably been working your way in the recent past. The steps that you took towards furthering your education have fallen right. Your gut feelings haven’t let you down and therefore you have done precisely what you wanted. The Universe too supported you in your ventures towards educational enrichment.

6 The near future: 8/Disks (Prudence) (Sun in Virgo)

We had the nine of swords come up here in our newbie exchange.

The card here advices caution. Things have been falling pretty much the way you wanted until now. However they will not necessarily continue to be smooth. You can expect a bit of hiccups. Interesting that we even had the nine of swords in the last exchange here. But comparatively i would say that the 8/disks is a better card to have as compared to the nine of swords. This card is for Sun in Virgo, the sixth house of enemies and obstacles. Sun being a malefic you can expect hurdles, but you can also rest assured that you would be going through them as well. So hurdles yes, but not roadblocks! You journey towards achieving higher education would definitely continue..

7 The querent´s influence on the situation: The Tower (Mars)

This card and more importantly its planetary association to that of Mars reeks of immense aggression and steadfastness on your side. I feel whatever hurdles come your way, which in all possibility would be administrative issues at the most, you would be handling them by the horns. All your energies would be directed at seeing these hurdles through. Haste on your side might as well be obvious.

8 The environment´s (third parties) influence in the matter: 5/Disks (Worry) (Mercury in Taurus)

Just wondering if it would be your aggression that could have the environment (read authorities) be vindictive or the other way round. There is a good amount of presence of Mercury in this reading. While mercury is also about education and the childlike attitude to get whatever he wants by hook or crook, it can also signify a tongue which can be let loose and cause unseen hurt. The image for this card is that of a reversed pentagram. So possibly some things are going to turn turtle. It might be in the near future (since the card here advised caution). Somehow i am inclined to think that it would be the way things (via the environment) would shape up which would incite the aggressor in you.

9 Guidance: Princess of Wands (Earth of Fire)

I would read this card as grounding of your fire energy (read aggression). Rein in your aggression. These are just minor hurdles coming your way. Therefore do not waste your momentum in these issues. Things will work up on their own with probably just a minor push considering that the next card is the best one possible!

10 Long term outcome: The Empress (Venus)

Venus is rajsik, airy and Brahmin. Brahmins as per Vedic literature are the learned class. It is also the karaka of luxury (could this be indicative of your inclination towards architecture?). Speaking from the Tarot viewpoint this is a card which hints at growth and the beginning of new life. You could therefore anticipate nurturance of your dreams of pursuing education from university. Good things would come as you cross your hurdles and once done (as in terms of basic formalities), everything should be smooth (once the seed is planted in the embryo of the Empress).

So that’s it. Dont know how i have fared. Thoth and CC are two big things individually. I am sure there might be more layers to this reading that I may not have uncovered. Looking forward to your take on this
Top   #2
Citizen

CosmicBeing 

Thank you very much for the reading.

I'll be back with feedback later today.

If you have a question I can also read on whatever question you have later tonight.
Top   #3
Citizen

pacificwaters 

Here's my situation..Phrase it any which way you like

I am in a fix between Tarot and astrology. I love Tarot. I am interested in astrology too. But I cant find myself as fluent in astrology as compared to Tarot. Should I continue my endeavor towards learning astrology or concentrate solely on Tarot
Top   #4
Citizen

CosmicBeing 

Will read on it for you.
Top   #5

Citizen

CosmicBeing 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificwaters View Post
Here's my situation..Phrase it any which way you like

I am in a fix between Tarot and astrology. I love Tarot. I am interested in astrology too. But I cant find myself as fluent in astrology as compared to Tarot. Should I continue my endeavor towards learning astrology or concentrate solely on Tarot
I'll be back with my feedback. I got distracted over the last couple days.
I did use reversals in the deck

I formulated the question as...
If you continued your endeavor with Astrology...
8 cups - Temperance - Ace clubs (wands)
Focal card for this pull is Temperance... I have learned this card to mean (at least thorough my life) is learning what works in your life and what just doesn't meld well. But, I think this can also mean you having to really figure out how to meld two things together... maybe two concepts or practices. I will say astrology for sure is a complex system. 8 of cups is about learning what to walk away from. It is also a risk card...tied to giving up something to gain something more of value. Ace of clubs Is the beginning of a passion or hobby to me. But it is mirrored by 8 of cups.

I think even if you continue with astrology you may walk away from this hobby. You may feel like this doesn't meld well into your life or you just don't know how to apply it in your life.

If you solely focused on tarot...
Sun - 9 clubs - Magician
The focal card here is the 9 of wands. I think you will be more persistent with tarots and it may just end up naturally being your sole focus. You have two majors here...so I think tarot may end up being better. The Sun to me shows revelations...I think tarot may reveal more to you. The Magician is tied to alchemy... it mirrors the sun. I think tarot will reveal to you how to create something your want....the alchemist can turn silver into gold. So I think tarot may be something that teaches you how to turn around a situation that will be more beneficial to you.

Well I hope this has answered your question. Let me know what you think.

I will definitely have the feedback to your reading by Tuesday night. Been really side tracked lately.
Top   #6
Citizen

CosmicBeing 

If you want to do another exchange...leave me a question and I'll do a reading for you. You can choose a spread (10 cards maximum) or just ask a question.
Top   #7
Citizen

pacificwaters 

Thanks for the reading. It pretty much resonates with what is going on in within me. Will get to the detailed feedback in some time

About another question, well sure. Here goes.... Should I participate this year in a cycling tour scheduled for this August. Deep within I do want to join, but there are a number of factors going around which make me skeptical...!

Let me know your question as well. I would love to keep at your question with the Thoth
Top   #8
Citizen

pacificwaters 

Hello cosmicbeing,

Thank you for the reading and the way you broke the question in two was also interesting. It sorts of answers my questions better

Quote:
If you continued your endeavor with Astrology...
8 cups - Temperance - Ace clubs (wands)
Focal card for this pull is Temperance... I have learned this card to mean (at least thorough my life) is learning what works in your life and what just doesn't meld well. But, I think this can also mean you having to really figure out how to meld two things together... maybe two concepts or practices. I will say astrology for sure is a complex system. 8 of cups is about learning what to walk away from. It is also a risk card...tied to giving up something to gain something more of value. Ace of clubs Is the beginning of a passion or hobby to me. But it is mirrored by 8 of cups.

I think even if you continue with astrology you may walk away from this hobby. You may feel like this doesn't meld well into your life or you just don't know how to apply it in your life.
Havent ever heard of the focal card as such. So this was a new one for me. The max I ever delved into was Quint and the shadow card. So as per your reading you consider the central card and see how it rhymes with the cards around it?? In this case the advice of 8/cups and Ace/Wands, doesn’t it seem contrary? I mean like walking away and also a new beginning/new energy into study of astrology…! I wouldn’t question your reading , its just that the focal card has me a bit confused.

Coming to the reading, well as of now I am indeed in a weird state of mind. I am re-approaching astrology and going through the course again. Lets see where it takes me!

Quote:
If you solely focused on tarot...
Sun - 9 clubs - Magician
The focal card here is the 9 of wands. I think you will be more persistent with tarots and it may just end up naturally being your sole focus. You have two majors here...so I think tarot may end up being better. The Sun to me shows revelations...I think tarot may reveal more to you. The Magician is tied to alchemy... it mirrors the sun. I think tarot will reveal to you how to create something your want....the alchemist can turn silver into gold. So I think tarot may be something that teaches you how to turn around a situation that will be more beneficial to you.

Well I hope this has answered your question. Let me know what you think.
This was very reassuring to read. As of now yes, in the current state that I find myself in I do indeed find much more revelations in Tarot as compared to astrology. They are therefore also much more easier for me I like the way you combined the Sun and magician, with the latter reflecting it back. I guess time will tell what branch of esoteric study I turn to – both or just the Tarot.

Thanks for the reading…

Let me know your question for a reading as well. And yes, take your time with the feedback. Absolutely no hurries!!
Top   #9
Citizen

CosmicBeing 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificwaters View Post
In continuation with the question for our exchange (A reading about going back to university), just pulled these cards from the Thoth for the CC spread

Layout:

****4********9
5*1 / 2*6****8
****3********7

Skipping the description, but posting a link to the picture of the cards got

1 The querent´s situation: 10/Cups (satiety) (Mars in Pisces)

So we had the Knight of Disks here when we had last exchanged in the newbie exchange. The first impression from this card is that you are at a comfortable place currently with regards to your education. Your educational credentials till date are sufficient to have you well placed in life. But as the question says, you still are thinking about having a go at further education. We could look that up as we progress into the other cards. Astrologically this card is about Mars in Pisces which is technically the twelfth house. This house is also a house for furtherance in spiritual and secret learnings. The twelfth house is also that of mental anguish and with Mars here, though well placed and meaning no harm there might be a heightened desire to study further and improve self, maybe to have a one-up on competition, if it exists. (Mars aspecting the sixth house)

Well I have mixed feeling here. I am not sure if my credentials are sufficient. I think they are sufficient for a short time...but for career growth I don't consider it. I do worry about my credentials...if they are enough to allow me to further my education. If they are enough to make a university allow me on their campus. I am not sure how 12th/pisces/mars will play out here. All I know is Mars is the type of planet that shows how the person acts.
Mars being in pisces which has similar themes to 12th...could be that I act on
a dream.

Mars at least in vedic terms would aspect 4th,7th, and 8th from itself if I remember correctly which would be 3rd, 6th, & 7th.

12 is also tied to separation I believe...isolation. Mars represents Aries & Scorpio...Aries being 1st and Scorpio being 8th. 8th I heard of it sometimes considered unearned wealth (such as an inheritance for one example.)

1st in 12th might show someone who is isolated because of being in foreign lands or because of prison, it is tied to the hospital, to the bed, bed pleasure,
dreams, expenses, self undoing, etc. I think more than likely it would just be the meaning of the card for the position.

2 The crossing influence: 3/Cups (Abundance) (Mercury in Cancer)

The card that had come up here was the six of disks during our last exchange. However as a crossing influence the three of cups has the keyword abundance. Tying it up with the previous card, the urge for you to perhaps continue your education further is linked with an innate desire to study more. This might be just to have a further degree in hand with the hope that it might help you sometime in future or just to snuff out competition in your trade. Cancer the traditional fourth house is about land, houses, installations, buildings, perfumes, clothes, digging, knowledge of land and geography, etc. With mercury, the karaka of education being placed here I would venture into saying that your urge to study further could be related to these fields. You had mentioned architecture; I think this could be seen shaping up here. I would like to further my education to better my prospects.
I am not sure how I will use the degree....so many different type of jobs out here. But at least it be something that has given me some level knowledge.
4th house also deals with food....(at least in vedic) food dealings such as the kitchen, making a meal/cooking, etc. I am applying to a few different majors...so I will let you know. I've thought of getting education in a lot of different 4th house stuff.

3 The root cause / subconscious influence: Adjustment (VIII) (Libra)

I think i would see this card as this innate desire within your subconscious which desires that you venture into a field which would balance your current educational qualifications, or may be add an edge. While you are aware that the current set of qualifications that you possess may be enough for you currently you inwardly also realise that a bit of discipline and advancement in education combined can give you a better progress in your future endeavours.Yes...I lately been thinking of going for something that leans a bit on my educational background. That it would balance out well with the credentials I already have.

4 The known influence / Goals and intentions: Ace of Cups (Libra Scorpio Sagittarius quadrant)

The Ace is one of the most powerful and potent cards. Like i have been saying above, pursuance of education is going to bring about huge rewards for you. While there would be emotional gratification, it would also help satisfy the cravings of further education and the zeal to study thats burning in you. Observe that this quadrant doesn’t have the Earth factor. So your will to study further is more driven through emotional and mental needs than the yearning of raking in more money in the future! That is very good that pursuing my education is going to be rewarding for me. Sometimes people go to college to end up not get much reward from their degree/education when it comes to career. I notice I am more focus on my emotions and mentality toward my education....so emotional comfort and/or gratification is very important for me.

5 The recent past: The Chariot (Cancer)

We had the ten of cups coming up here. What was the recent past 2 months ago is surprisingly now the querent’s (your) situation (in this reading)!! Interesting, aint it!! Would love to read your take on this

Things have probably been working your way in the recent past. The steps that you took towards furthering your education have fallen right. Your gut feelings haven’t let you down and therefore you have done precisely what you wanted. The Universe too supported you in your ventures towards educational
enrichment.
I guess some significant changes have happened in the last 2 months.

While I am not sure what chariot meaning is thoth. I do know that recently I have decided to let go of something fully and move on to something else...to move forward toward some personal goals, but not look back. Anyway....I seem to have the support of my family too. I have done what I wanted. I seem to now only have to time and energy to do what I want... and well if I don't want to do something nothing can keep my focus.

I'll be back to finish #6-10 feedback later today. Thank you for the reading and the feedback so far is above.
Top   #10

Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Tarot Readings
· Reading Exchange
Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· 2000+ Tarot Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us. Advertise with us.