help- golden universal tarot or Golden Bottecelli tarot?

silvereye

i am looking at purchasing a gold foiled deck and stumbled upon these two but cant decide,does anyone have either or both of them and can tell me the pros and cons? I have looked at the videos but both look stunning!!!

G6

i am looking at purchasing a gold foiled deck and stumbled upon these two but cant decide,does anyone have either or both of them and can tell me the pros and cons? I have looked at the videos but both look stunning!!!

I hated the Golden Universal when I first got it, but now I love it! Great reader and looks cool! I have the regular version too, but the Golden is WAY BETTER!

I don't have the other one, so I can't say much about it.

Rhinemaiden

I'd pick the Golden Universal... you'll use it more often because it's a redrawing of the RWS, but with added bling.

The Golden Botticelli is pretty to look at (I own it, along with the Golden Tarot of Klimt and the Nefertari, another LoS gold deck.) - but all 3 of my gold decks generally stay in a drawer. Loved, but not used.

EmpyreanKnight

I own the Golden Universal, and since it hews close to RWS imagery, I think it will be more useful for you, moreso if you're a beginner.

If you do find yourself truly besotted with the Golden Botticelli relative to the GU and you have either made good headway with the RWS system or you're more into intuitive readings, then it might be up your alley.

reall

He he, exactly my dilemma!XD I got Golden Universal and luv it!^^ (even I don't use it that much as my prefered workhorse deck is good old RWS!x.x lolz :) like everyone say it's RWS clone better for starting, and frankly Golden Botticelli is artistically genius BUT for some reason I'm not fan of seeing religious art in tarot?x// so it won't work in reading for me,,, but if you don't mind seeing some famous religious scenes in your spread,,, go for it!xD lolz :))

silvereye

I own the Golden Universal, and since it hews close to RWS imagery, I think it will be more useful for you, moreso if you're a beginner.

If you do find yourself truly besotted with the Golden Botticelli relative to the GU and you have either made good headway with the RWS system or you're more into intuitive readings, then it might be up your alley.

Im used to the RWS but not sure if the paintings lend themselves well to intuitive readings...

Nemia

In my experience, they do. It's not one of my strongest reading decks, but I had good readings with it.

I have only the Botticelli, not the Golden Universal. It stretches your reading muscles a bit more than another RWS version, that's true. But why is that a bad thing? It's a beautiful and unique deck. In my opinion, the artist (Atanassov is his name I think) did some of the best decks LoScarabeo has to offer. His interpretation is sensitive to tarot AND to Botticelli. It's nice to think how a tarot might have looked if Botticelli had painted one. Even the fact that some of the faces are used for more than one card is in harmony with Botticelli - most of his women resemble each other (and the gorgeous Simonetta Vespucci).

I will get out my Botticelli deck right now :)

All the golden LoScarabeo decks are interesting. But the Botticelli is especially beautiful and it reads well (for me, better than the Klimt which I find a bit cold).

ETA: It's important to note that Atanassov doesn't collage or use original paintings like other decks do (Distant Past and Kat Black decks are collages, Art of Life uses full paintings). He re-interprets the paintings in a different medium, not tempera on wood like Botticelli used but crayons - it's a bit softer, fuzzier and less opaque and crisp than Botticelli's own paintings. He also changes the composition. This technique makes the tarot cards very seamless and unique. I wish he'd make more decks, I will one day have all of his decks :)

magicjack

It took me a little time to like the Universal and now I enjoy it. People enjoy looking at it also. The Golden Bottechelli is very pretty but is totally unreadable for me.

Barleywine

I have both, and all that needs to be said is that I read with the Golden Universal and I don't with the Golden Botticelli, which I see as mainly an art deck.

silvereye

In my experience, they do. It's not one of my strongest reading decks, but I had good readings with it.

I have only the Botticelli, not the Golden Universal. It stretches your reading muscles a bit more than another RWS version, that's true. But why is that a bad thing? It's a beautiful and unique deck. In my opinion, the artist (Atanassov is his name I think) did some of the best decks LoScarabeo has to offer. His interpretation is sensitive to tarot AND to Botticelli. It's nice to think how a tarot might have looked if Botticelli had painted one. Even the fact that some of the faces are used for more than one card is in harmony with Botticelli - most of his women resemble each other (and the gorgeous Simonetta Vespucci).

I will get out my Botticelli deck right now :)

All the golden LoScarabeo decks are interesting. But the Botticelli is especially beautiful and it reads well (for me, better than the Klimt which I find a bit cold).

ETA: It's important to note that Atanassov doesn't collage or use original paintings like other decks do (Distant Past and Kat Black decks are collages, Art of Life uses full paintings). He re-interprets the paintings in a different medium, not tempera on wood like Botticelli used but crayons - it's a bit softer, fuzzier and less opaque and crisp than Botticelli's own paintings. He also changes the composition. This technique makes the tarot cards very seamless and unique. I wish he'd make more decks, I will one day have all of his decks :)

Thanks for your input. I have learnt from owning Kat Black 's Golden Tarot that i don't like collage decks...