Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 302 : May 13 - May 19

Amberjune

Thank you for the new thread, VG! This time I'm on time for the sign up :)

My companions this week are the Lioness Oracle Tarot and my beloved Spirit Cat Oracle.

Wishing you all a great week.

csmith0406

Thanks VG!

I'm in with Tabula Mundi (again), though I spent zero time with it this past week, I had no time for cards and I really missed them! I need to be sure to set aside a little time for myself this coming week.

Welcome, catschinwag!

Cynthia_H

Hello: I would like to join this group and will work with my Dreaming Way Tarot. Cheers, Cynthia

Luxa

Hello everyone! I'm new here too, as you can see!! I'd love to join in!

I've had the fountain tarot for a month so now, but haven't really read with it yet, so this seems like a way to get me started!

Green Faerie I have to say, Hidden Realms is one of my favourite decks!

Thanks 😀

Rose Lalonde

Tabula Mundi & Naruto CCG Oracle
Thank you, VG!

Last week was a wash. So busy. Better luck this time. 🤞🏻

VGimlet

Welcome to the DOTW "no rules" group catschinwag, Luxa and Cynthia_H!

Some of us switch every week, some use the same deck for a month or longer or use the same deck as last week if you didn't get as much time with it as you planned (also me this week, hah). We really don't have set in stone rules. People use one deck, or two, or more. You can talk about your deck as much as you want, or not at all. You can talk about it here, or in our reading threads. Probably get more responses here, though...

Relax, the DOTW water is fine. :smoker:

Well, my plan to be productive worked out so-so, :shhh: but I think I'm going to keep trying, LOL.

Scarlet Woodland

So-so productivity would be a win on my planet :D

Adding in a wee, pocket Thoth as a comparison deck for the week.

BodhiSeed

Welcome Cynthia and Luxa!😊

catschinwag

Thanks for the feedback and welcome everyone. Other than daily draws, what else do you try to commit to doing each week in regards to learning your deck? (i.e. what's your method of study?)

lantana

Thanks for the feedback and welcome everyone. Other than daily draws, what else do you try to commit to doing each week in regards to learning your deck? (i.e. what's your method of study?)

Try out different kinds of readings and reading styles! For instance, I try to do a reading about work, a relationship reading, a deep guidance/"shadow work" reading, etc. to see what a deck is good at and where it falters. It can be a bit hard to shove into just one week if you're really busy though, but hey, that's why I'm using my Cosmos again this week.

If it has a really "out there" system or a unique perspective, reading the guidebook can be useful as well. If you're a journalling type, just pulling out random cards and writing about the feelings and ideas they give you can help "speed up" that process of connecting to a deck.