The Cards as characters/people?

Remember Your Card

The Chariot seems very much like a military general, the King of Pentacles is a business titan as rich as Croesus, and the Queen of Cups is a femme fatale, a courtesan of the first water.

Cool cool, I like how the wateriness of Queens and the wateriness of Cups line up like that.

EmpyreanKnight

Your question reminds me of a section in one of the most helpful Tarot books I have - the Tarot Life Planner by Lady Lorelei. It has a list of corresponding jobs/careers for each of the 78 cards.

Since it would take too much time if I transcribe all of the text, I'll just post some snapshots of the relevant pages:

Majors I

Majors II

Majors III + Wands

Minors

EmpyreanKnight

Btw if I'm breaking any rule by posting those pics, I'd comply and take them down. Thanks!

Brown sparrow

Queen of pentacles would be the earthy handsome country women - a herbalist and healer but can also change a tyre and herd cattle.

The fool reminds me of the charectar Boo radley, in to kill a mocking bird or from the beatles song 'the fool on the hill' .

Ix Chel

In the book "Tarot plain and Simple" from Anthony Louis, you can also find a list of people associatied witch each card.

The Queen of Cups reminds me of Oprah Winfrey.
The Queen of Pentacles reminds me of Monica Geller from the television show Friends.
The Knight of Wands reminds me of Joey from the televison show Friends.
The Knight of Cups is Jack Dawson in the movie Titanic.
The Queen of Swords reminds me of Beverly Hofstadter, the mother from Lennard in the Big Bang Theory. But also on Dina Fox from the televison show Superstore.

Remember Your Card

Good stuff, and I hope EmpyreanKnight's pictures can stay up, that looks like an interesting read.

Thoughtful

Ditto! very interesting

Nemia

Temperance is a pharmacist, standing in a bright laboratory and mixing substances that nobody combined before. I know her ;-)

nisaba

The Queen Wands has been utterly ruined for me. In no deck can i look at her, any more, without thinking of an archetypical Queen Wands ex-friend, who went psycho some years ago. And by psycho I mean psycho - lots of other people's injuries seemed to come from her for a while.

She rarely turns up in a spread for me or clients since then, possibly because it has become such a fraught card, and when she does, I have to make a conscious effort to find anything positive in the card.

Remember Your Card

The Queen Wands has been utterly ruined for me. In no deck can i look at her, any more, without thinking of an archetypical Queen Wands ex-friend, who went psycho some years ago. And by psycho I mean psycho - lots of other people's injuries seemed to come from her for a while.

She rarely turns up in a spread for me or clients since then, possibly because it has become such a fraught card, and when she does, I have to make a conscious effort to find anything positive in the card.

Are you comfortable with telling us about her, that we might better form an archetype for the card?