Ace of Swords for dissatisfaction

LisaStarlight

Hi everyone. I drew a card to investigate "the nature of the dissatisfaction" and got the Ace of Swords. (Doing some shadow work tonight.)

I made a couple of connections between a nightmare I had featuring a sword and the sword in this card (I'm using the original Mythic Tarot deck), plus the goddess's "pose" as having something of the defensive about it (although that's a personal interpretation of her attitude, and certainly not a usual meaning for the Ace of Wands!)

I'm not sure if I just need more cards to help clarify the idea, or whether I'm not diving deep enough with the card, but I'm a bit stuck as to how to fit Ace of Swords into "the nature of the dissatisfaction".

I'll sit with the card a bit more, but if anyone would like to weigh in, please do. Any help much appreciated! :)

ETA: It's nearly half past midnight here and I may not get back to the computer to check any updates to this post until later today but I will respond to all posts.

AnemoneRosie

It makes sense to me. I'll see if I can explain it.
Aces are the essence of their suit, right?

And the suit of swords is where we find fear, anxiety, insecurity, and overactive thoughts and emotions. This is why many people find the suit of swords challenging - because our intellectual gifts can easily turn on us, and no one wants to contemplate that until they are forced to.

Given that the Ace is the essence of that process of ruminating and of letting our imaginations and thoughts run away to the point of terror, it would seem to me that the nature of dissatisfaction is overthinking it. It reminds me of that phrase "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Because if you do, you'll see that the gift isn't as perfect as you want to believe, and then your thoughts will take a dark turn. It won't be a gift anymore.

And that would be quite dissatisfying.

Pargatho

I always view the Aces as Divine Gifts which is why the clouded hand is holding them in RWS.

Swords are air suit and the realm of intelligence and the mind. So I would interpret this as the fact that your dissatisfaction with *topic* is a gift of the mind! It shows how intelligent you are now and wiser than before. Maybe it's saying that it's a good thing that you have this gift, maybe in the past you would've been satisfied or satiated by the *topic*. Today though, you have the Ace of Swords to cut through the deception and lies.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it. :p

LisaStarlight

It makes sense to me. I'll see if I can explain it.
Aces are the essence of their suit, right?

And the suit of swords is where we find fear, anxiety, insecurity, and overactive thoughts and emotions. This is why many people find the suit of swords challenging - because our intellectual gifts can easily turn on us, and no one wants to contemplate that until they are forced to.

This is exactly what came to me this morning - anxiety. The sword is like a switch flicking on and off. And unfortunately, my switch/sword seems to be flicked on very easily.

Given that the Ace is the essence of that process of ruminating and of letting our imaginations and thoughts run away to the point of terror, it would seem to me that the nature of dissatisfaction is overthinking it. It reminds me of that phrase "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Because if you do, you'll see that the gift isn't as perfect as you want to believe, and then your thoughts will take a dark turn. It won't be a gift anymore.

And that would be quite dissatisfying.

You are so right! Looking the gift horse in the mouth. Yup, I *am* allowing myself to overthink things too much and you're right - that does lead to dissatisfaction. I really need to quiet this mind of mine down.

Thank you so much, AnenomeRosie! This fits in with and even adds to some of the thoughts I had when I woke up this morning. Many thanks!

LisaStarlight

I always view the Aces as Divine Gifts which is why the clouded hand is holding them in RWS.

Swords are air suit and the realm of intelligence and the mind. So I would interpret this as the fact that your dissatisfaction with *topic* is a gift of the mind! It shows how intelligent you are now and wiser than before. Maybe it's saying that it's a good thing that you have this gift, maybe in the past you would've been satisfied or satiated by the *topic*. Today though, you have the Ace of Swords to cut through the deception and lies.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it. :p

This is a very interesting take on the card - and it is accurate in that it relates to something that happened to me late last year that completely turned my worldview on its head...

Perhaps, then, the message is that not all discomfort is bad, and not all thinking is harmful. But that I need to be discerning. Not everything needs a harsh bright light shone on it to examine every facet. Soft candlelight instead might be more appropriate. :)

Thank you, Pargatho. That's provided me with another view of the card.

Pargatho

This is a very interesting take on the card - and it is accurate in that it relates to something that happened to me late last year that completely turned my worldview on its head...

Perhaps, then, the message is that not all discomfort is bad, and not all thinking is harmful. But that I need to be discerning. Not everything needs a harsh bright light shone on it to examine every facet. Soft candlelight instead might be more appropriate. :)

Thank you, Pargatho. That's provided me with another view of the card.

Quite welcome. :)