I think I got a bargain.... [Encyclopedia of Tarot vol I & II]

Satori

I think I got a bargain....

Just picked up Vol's 1&2 of S. Kaplan's Encyclopedia of Tarot at a used book shop and I paid $15.00 for each of them. They are pristine, complete with paper jackets in perfect condition.

I think that was a pretty good price, right? Just thought I'd share...

Hope you all get a good deal someplace soon too!

Rusty Neon

Congratulations! It's always fun to find bargains. Often, it's the thrill of the chase!

Satori

Rusty Neon said:
Congratulations! It's always fun to find bargains. Often, it's the thrill of the chase!

Well, I went in looking for books on tarot symbolism and ran into these quite on accident. The tarot section was miserable! But there sat volumes 1 and 2of the encyclopedia marked down from 30 to 19.99, and I don't know what the retail was originally. I tried to get them for 20 bucks total, but he wouldn't do it.

Better luck next time....but you are right, the thrill of the chase when you really want that deck/book is heady...

Laura Borealis

Good score! Of course you know we expect you to post plenty of excerpts and wisdom from your finds... :)

Satori

laura_borealis said:
Good score! Of course you know we expect you to post plenty of excerpts and wisdom from your finds... :)

Funny thing, somehow when I'm trying to sound very wise I end up sounding very stupid. But I promise to try and do Mr. Kaplan proud and share his wisdom when the opportunity presents itself. Thanks for your faith in me laura_b!

LadyMedusa

Coincidence, syncronicity, or whatever you call it.

I was wondering what kind of a bargain I found, when I ran across this thread.

I just found all three volumes at my favorite used bookstore. They are in perfect condition also. The price $50 for the set.

At list prices of $30, $35, and $45 respectivly, it seems we each got a good deal.

LadyMedusa

Satori

This tells me you and I share a penchant for bargains of all kinds! Congrats on your score Lady! All 3 for 50 is very, very good I would say.