Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 305 : June 3 - June 9

Scarlet Woodland

makes my head hurt to even think about it! In the end I sold all but 1 of my lenormads and concentrated on the thoth decks.

Mine too :D Definitely studying alternately not concurrently!

The readings are much easier with the Thoth than the Lenormand but in a way I'm finding the Lenormand easier. With Lenormand I just feel inexperienced so I know that time and practice will get me there, but the Thoth makes me feel like an ignoramus as there's soooo much to study.

csmith0406

Oh, right; it's that time again! I'm in with Tabula Mundi Tarot & Naruto CCG Oracle

Thanks, VG

(My mind's on the ASHERAH TAROT which finally releases on June 24 on Gamecrafters. It's a 78 card deck, but here's a link to the majors...)
https://sarahwheatley.com/major-arcana-gallery/

Wow that is a stunning deck, I love colorful art! I'm trying to abstain from purchases right now but that is certainly tempting.

Ballerina

This week I'm going to work with my Babylonian Tarot. I've owned it for years and have never used it.

I think I lied. I think I worked with the Babylonian Tarot during one of these weeks before. It obviously didn't leave any impression on me as I had forgotten ever working with it before. As I work with it now I wonder if it is a deck I'll ever use.

I like this thread. I consider the week worked with a new deck to be an audition for the deck and for an oldy it's to remind me how much I love it. Thanks VGimlet!

DaughterOfDanu

Hi Daughter of Danu,

Maybe you could have a look at Jerri Totten's tarots, she has one already that is very sunny : The Distant Past tarot. Not tropical, but luxuriant and "hot weather" like. This deck is beautiful, and it gets a lot of love here on the forum. She also is working on a second tarot deck, and it seems that it will have a sun, warm, maybe tropical vibe to it too.

There are also two lenormands that you might like :

- The Jerri Totten (her again ! she is great :) ) "Zen Lenormand" is full of jungle plants. It has an asian jungle vibe, to me.
- The Kitch Lenormand from the White Rabbit Oracle boutique on Etsy has pink flamingos in it. I do not have this one deck, but I have two other Lenormands from her, they are stunning decks and I love the art, but I dont use them as Lenormands but as Oracles, because the images are not clear enough at first sight for a lenormand, for me. Might work for someone else, but I am peculiar when it comes to Lenormand and I dont use them if some cards might be taken for other at a glance. As oracles they are perfect. I dont know about the Kitch one, it might be different, but I do not have it so I cannot say.

If I think of something else I ll come back !

Good luck !

The Distant Past Tarot is gorgeous. Adding it to my list! I wish I was familiar enough with Lenormand to warrant another deck but I tend to pick it up for a week and then set it aside for 3 months. :( I really need to make it a regular part of my life/day but I haven't worked out how just yet aside from daily draws.

Morwenna

I've decided; I'm going to use my new Avalon Tarot. I've gone through it once already and find it to be very different from any of my other decks, so this should be quite an adventure.

page of ghosts

So just looking a little at the book I think it's gonna be interesting to read it and look at the cards. A lot of them are very different from the RWS-derived imagery that I'm used to and the book mention all the heavy hitters I've only heard of and yet to tackle in any sort of studious way: Levi, Kabbalah, Golden Dawn... There is also some numerology but that's a more familiar subject for me. It's gonna be interesting to read about the deck though I doubt I will be able to read the book in just 6-7 short days.

Trogon

Does anyone know of any tropical decks? Like very tropical with lots of jungle-type plants, colorful flowers, maybe even a pineapple or a flamingo?

The only thing like this that I have is the World Spirit Tarot. It's got a Caribbean kind of theme to it. I've had it for years and love reading with it. I see that Tarot Garden is listing it as "out of print", but I'm still seeing copies available on Amazon in the $45 and up range.

Rose Lalonde

Wow that is a stunning deck, I love colorful art! I'm trying to abstain from purchases right now but that is certainly tempting.
There's also a poker size planned for around the end of the year, if the timing of that is even more tempting. :)

AJ

T

Does anyone know of any tropical decks? Like very tropical with lots of jungle-type plants, colorful flowers, maybe even a pineapple or a flamingo?

The Hazelmoon Hawaiian Tarot was actually featured in an episode of Hawaii 5-0. If you have Netflix or CBS All Access you can watch the whole thing (it's Season 3, episode 4). If you don't have either of those you can see the cards in a preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlPu8x3K_oo. ..post by Shade

The older Alice in Wonderland has the queen playing with flamingos for clubs. :)