Four of Pentancles and Two of Cups as feeling

Wheeler5

So I recently did a reading involving my ex boyfriend. One of the questions I asked was "what are his current feelings for me". In this position I received the 4 of pentacles and 2 of Cups. I see the 4 of pents two different ways. First I see it as someone who is very possessive/obsession (which my ex is) and who is holding to everything around them but in the feelings position I also see it as being closed off. With the 2 of Cups though I see mutual respect and love. This is a union card to me, like to two people coming together. Just confused on how to read 2 totally different cards in this particular position together. I've been having a lot of fixed feeling for him lately and I'm just wondering where his head is at. Thanks in advance. Xo

nisaba

So, a possessive and jealous love. Never a good combination, sadly. It won't end well if you go back there - protect yourself.

Wheeler5

So, a possessive and jealous love. Never a good combination, sadly. It won't end well if you go back there - protect yourself.

Thank you Nisaba. I was hoping with the 2 of Cups it wouldn't be as bad but I guess so. We had a big falling out and currently aren't talking so I hoped it wouldn't be bad but according to the cards clearly he hasn't changed much.

tarot_quest

I think that this person has a hard time letting go (4 of pentacles) of the connection (2 of cups) you had together. Your ex might still feel something for you. He could be someone who needs some time to let go of feelings.

Wheeler5

I think that this person has a hard time letting go (4 of pentacles) of the connection (2 of cups) you had together. Your ex might still feel something for you. He could be someone who needs some time to let go of feelings.

Thank you Tarot Quest. This would be more ideal. He has said to me in the past that he's not over our relationship and can't be around me in "friends" context due to his feelings so this would make sense as well.

Topaz_CharmTemple

I agree with the previous posts. The 4 of Cups could mean jealousy, fear of the unknown, that sense of being left out in the cold (the king in the Rider Waite deck is outside his kingdom). Your ex is desperate to hold on to the heart connection he had with you, or refuses to accept the fact that you have moved on. I *do* like the fact that the 2 of Cups offers the chance for healing through communication. There is the chance to talk it out (Mercury's caduceus might represent an effective conversation -- "closure"), but with the vibes we're picking up on with the 4, I wouldn't hold my breath...