ROC June - LisaStarlight and Andromedastarseed

Fortuna

LisaStarlight and Andromedastarseed's Thread

Schedule:
June 18 (Sunday): Complete readings
June 25 (Sunday): Complete feedbacks

Please let me know in the June Notification Thread when you and your partner have completed the reading and feedback.

--

June's Suggested Spread:

For June, let's find out more about ourselves by using Glass Owl's The Secret Agent Spread.

The Secret Agent Spread (4) by Glass Owl

4-----------3
-------------
------2-----
-------------
--1---------

1. My Cover
What persona or mask am I wearing around others?

2. Compromised
What removes the mask or "blows my cover?"

3. On The Run
What drives me to keep going or helps me during times of crisis?

4. Changing Identities
Who am I really?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Please stay in communication with your partner, and PM when you have posted your reading, feedback, or if you are experiencing scheduling issues. Please do not wait until the last minute to post readings and feedbacks.
5. Have fun and let's ROC!

--

Please PM Fortuna for questions or issues.

andromedastarseed

Hi LisaStarlight,

Looks like we are partners again! The spread seem pretty straightforward. Do you have a deck preference?

Have a great day!

LisaStarlight

Hi Andromeda! I'm so sorry for the late reply. Somehow the notification for this thread passed me by. But I'm here now, and looking forward to working with you again this month. :)

No deck preference for me; whatever you feel called to use is good.

I'm going to go through my oracle decks and see which one nudges me to be used; if there's a couple, you can choose. :)

andromedastarseed

Hi LisaStarlight

I completed your reading for this month's circle. I found it to be more difficult than I had anticipated.

I used the Wisdom of the Hidden Realms deck by Colette Baron-Reid

4-----------3
-------------
------2-----
-------------
--1---------

1. My Cover

The Sun Dancers-32
joyful activity, celebration of life, abundance

The card shows a purple fairy (my favorite color) dancing in the air. She has fairy dust swirling around her. She is magic and beautiful.

People may think that life is easy for you. You seem to be happy and you can easily create the life you desire. You portray a mask of positivity, everything seems possible for you. People may think things easily fall into place for you . That you have the Midas touch or something. Things just seem to work out for you and you seem to be lucky.

2. Compromised

The Mapmaker of Destiny-24
authentic purpose, inspiration, free will

Your choices will make your opportunities. How you respond to your circumstances will change a Fated event into your Destiny.

Basically this card is saying we are our choices. Will you turn a new project into a successful venture or will it be a failed business?

Although to others you may seem blessed, and that you have unearned windfalls. It's your choice whether that Windfall will be be successful or not.

3. On The Run

The Fire Prince-40 (challenger)
optimism, aggression
I'll use the booklet's description

There are a couple of messages delivered by the Fire Prince, so take heed as one or both could pertain to you now. Be mindful of starting a fire you can't put out. Aggressive action results in loss; slow down and don't be so eager to reach your goal. Stay clear of someone else's unbridled ambition and aggression as well. If you think you could get burned, you most certainly will-unless you remove yourself from the action.

When the Fire Prince arrives as a Challenger, he could also be warning you to be careful of burnout. This might pertain to workaholism or obsessively focusing on something you want,excluding all else. You may be afraid to let go, but you must. If you keep going the way you are truly you won't have any energy left, nor will you see your way through your path. It's easy to get lost in the dark where there is no flame to light the way.

4. Changing Identities
Who am I really?

The Shadow Queen-16
acquiring knowledge,insecurity,manipulation

She looks like the Hermit in a tarot deck. She has a lantern and she's lighting a path.
The Shadow Queen wants you to educate yourself. You really want to know the secrets of the universe. You want to be methodical and to take your time. The Shadow Queen wants you to know yourself and your intentions. Once you know that, you can't be manipulated. She asks for courage and that you dig deep to find your strength. She asks that you be careful and not be too hasty, or you will have to start over again.

My take:

I'm using the Sun Dancers as your anchor card. This card is about being happy and free. It's about loving life and enjoying life. You are allowed to celebrate it. The Mapmaker of Destiny is telling you that you may not be in control of your circumstances, but your response to them will determine your life. As the Sun Dancers is your anchor, you choose happiness. The Fire Prince warns of being too optimistic and aggressive. This could lead to burnout and frustration. The Shadow Queen is telling you to be aware of your motives. You may end up tripping in the dark. This ties in with the other cards as you are choosing happiness. You may seem happy-go-lucky, but you are a researcher. You want to understand the ins and outs of everything.

I hope this reading resonates with you. Again, this spread seemed harder than I originally thought. Maybe because the cards seem so situational.

Thank you for letting me read for you. Have a great night!

LisaStarlight

Hi Andromedastarseed! Thank you so much for the reading - that was quick! Let me tell you about your reading first, and then I'll leave you my feedback.

I used Colette Baron-Reid's "Wisdom of the Oracle" deck.

35345552965_8f85362156_z.jpg

Pos 1: 1 Yang
On an intuitive level, I see this as you being very extroverted, very "out there", very creative and very passionate; the world is at your fingertips, and whatever you put your hand to you achieve. You almost have the Midas touch. You're in control, and you know what it is you want and how to get it. :)

The oracle guidebook gives the following meanings - The masculine principle of movement, creative activity, the power to make things happen.

Pos 2: 8 The Tribe
It's about people who are close to you (family, close friends), who rely on you, people who come into your close sphere, they see the real you. Anybody that you care about and trust, you don't feel the need to keep that mask in place.

Card meaning - community, longing, being seen and understood by others, like-minded connections, a sense of family and connection, knowing your place in the world.

So perhaps the card is also suggesting that when you feel comfortable and safe, you are able to let that yang persona drop as well.

Pos 3: 7 To the Sea
What helps you to keep going in times of crisis - perhaps this is literally you going to a body of water (river, lake, beach, etc.), or somewhere where you can get away from the hustle and bustle and anything that scrambles your energy and just be in the moment. Or perhaps it's a symbolic meaning, getting in touch with your feelings, your gut instinct.

Card meaning - being in the flow, returning to Source, recognising how pieces fit together, a natural pattern of events.

So, in addition to the intuitive meanings, this card suggests you find prayer or meditation very helpful, and allowing the bigger picture to be pieced together.

Pos 4: 3 Between Worlds (Reversed)
From an intuitive perspective, this card suggests to me that perhaps you look on both your mask and your persona with your tribe as two (different) aspects of who you are. Maybe you're not quite sure which one is real? This card suggests that you are both. You are, however, more than just the energetic, go-get-em, achiever/yang energy.

Reversed meaning: "Be mindful of your expectations. This is not a time for guarantees. Things will not go exactly as you plan or dictate. Let go and see what Spirit has in store. What takes hold in your life will be better than you can imagine."

If I relate this message back to the position meaning, it suggests that perhaps you identify most with your mask - the high achiever. This is the role you are comfortable in. This is "the best you".

Because this card is reversed, it's almost like the deck is answering the question and giving homework at the same time! lol

This card is above the card in position 1 - almost like they are mirror images. As well as Yang, you are also Yin; receptive, waiting. Instead of expending energy in creating and accomplishing and going after things, the card suggests that you are perhaps someone who can let themselves surrender and see what happens (which is also a valid and powerful way to live). So, who are you really? You are, in part, your outer mask, and you also have a much deeper aspect that is comfortable with surrendering and being more receptive.

I hope this helps - if you have any questions about the reading, let me know. :)

LisaStarlight

Hi LisaStarlight

I completed your reading for this month's circle. I found it to be more difficult than I had anticipated.

I used the Wisdom of the Hidden Realms deck by Colette Baron-Reid

4-----------3
-------------
------2-----
-------------
--1---------

1. My Cover

The Sun Dancers-32
joyful activity, celebration of life, abundance

The card shows a purple fairy (my favorite color) dancing in the air. She has fairy dust swirling around her. She is magic and beautiful.

People may think that life is easy for you. You seem to be happy and you can easily create the life you desire. You portray a mask of positivity, everything seems possible for you. People may think things easily fall into place for you . That you have the Midas touch or something. Things just seem to work out for you and you seem to be lucky.

This is interesting! I can see how people might come to the conclusion that life is easy for me - I am not very comfortable asking for help, and if someone asks me about my news (in a casual conversation) I'm usually at a loss as to what to talk about. Thinking about this now, I suppose people/family members would also like to know what's going on with me as opposed to just general goings on in my life. Opening up and talking deep is not something I'm comfortable doing without lead up. :) So yeah, perhaps my way of communicating doesn't reveal the hard work behind the scenes and the challenges.

(Wow, I've just seen the Midas touch sentence - I think I wrote something like that for you. And now, looking at our readings together, position no 1 seems to be very similar for both of us!)

2. Compromised

The Mapmaker of Destiny-24
authentic purpose, inspiration, free will

Your choices will make your opportunities. How you respond to your circumstances will change a Fated event into your Destiny.

Basically this card is saying we are our choices. Will you turn a new project into a successful venture or will it be a failed business?

Although to others you may seem blessed, and that you have unearned windfalls. It's your choice whether that Windfall will be be successful or not.

This card I'm having a bit of trouble with. The thing that takes the mask off - and the mask is how other people see me - is it knowing that my choices affect the outcomes of my efforts? I'm not really sure how to interpret this card in line with the position meaning...

3. On The Run

The Fire Prince-40 (challenger)
optimism, aggression
I'll use the booklet's description

There are a couple of messages delivered by the Fire Prince, so take heed as one or both could pertain to you now. Be mindful of starting a fire you can't put out. Aggressive action results in loss; slow down and don't be so eager to reach your goal. Stay clear of someone else's unbridled ambition and aggression as well. If you think you could get burned, you most certainly will-unless you remove yourself from the action.

When the Fire Prince arrives as a Challenger, he could also be warning you to be careful of burnout. This might pertain to workaholism or obsessively focusing on something you want,excluding all else. You may be afraid to let go, but you must. If you keep going the way you are truly you won't have any energy left, nor will you see your way through your path. It's easy to get lost in the dark where there is no flame to light the way.

OK, so there is something in here that makes A LOT of sense. The ability to keep going? I have that in buckets. It's only recently that I've come to the point where I've realised I need to question the benefit of keeping going in some circumstances. Does the outpouring of energy find equal measure in the end result? If it doesn't, what is the point? It's not so much workaholism as needing to keep going for those who need you, but now I know that the HOW I keep going matters a lot. To them and to me. Burnout serves no one well. :)

So now I have to try and understand what it is that drives me to keep going, which this card is supposed to answer. Optimism is one of the key words, and I can relate to that. :) I have a belief that things can never be so difficult that they can't improve.

4. Changing Identities
Who am I really?

The Shadow Queen-16
acquiring knowledge,insecurity,manipulation

She looks like the Hermit in a tarot deck. She has a lantern and she's lighting a path.
The Shadow Queen wants you to educate yourself. You really want to know the secrets of the universe. You want to be methodical and to take your time. The Shadow Queen wants you to know yourself and your intentions. Once you know that, you can't be manipulated. She asks for courage and that you dig deep to find your strength. She asks that you be careful and not be too hasty, or you will have to start over again.

Another fascinating card! The idea of taking my time came up in another reading in another challenge - and reminds me of the song "Time is on my side" (Irma Thomas). I can see how knowing myself well means I can't be swayed or manipulated. I like that. And that's where I'm headed - yay. :)

My take:

I'm using the Sun Dancers as your anchor card. This card is about being happy and free. It's about loving life and enjoying life. You are allowed to celebrate it. The Mapmaker of Destiny is telling you that you may not be in control of your circumstances, but your response to them will determine your life. As the Sun Dancers is your anchor, you choose happiness. The Fire Prince warns of being too optimistic and aggressive. This could lead to burnout and frustration. The Shadow Queen is telling you to be aware of your motives. You may end up tripping in the dark. This ties in with the other cards as you are choosing happiness. You may seem happy-go-lucky, but you are a researcher. You want to understand the ins and outs of everything.

I hope this reading resonates with you. Again, this spread seemed harder than I originally thought. Maybe because the cards seem so situational.

This summing up makes a lot of sense of the cards above - thank you for that. Some of those cards were tricky to interpret!!

Thank you for letting me read for you. Have a great night!

Thank you for the reading! Because it went quite deep, it's one I will have to take out and look at now and again. :)

andromedastarseed

Hi Andromedastarseed! Thank you so much for the reading - that was quick! Let me tell you about your reading first, and then I'll leave you my feedback.

I used Colette Baron-Reid's "Wisdom of the Oracle" deck.

35345552965_8f85362156_z.jpg

I have the same deck and love it! It's the anchor deck for CBR's Oracle School, I know it pretty well.

Pos 1: 1 Yang
On an intuitive level, I see this as you being very extroverted, very "out there", very creative and very passionate; the world is at your fingertips, and whatever you put your hand to you achieve. You almost have the Midas touch. You're in control, and you know what it is you want and how to get it. :)

The oracle guidebook gives the following meanings - The masculine principle of movement, creative activity, the power to make things happen.

That's very interesting, but that's the opposite of me. I'm introverted and definitely not creative.

I am "out there" and "woo-woo", and I can manifest whatever I put my mind to. I am very much a believer in the Law of Thought. In a nutshell, Your thoughts become your reality.

This is a card about action. It's kind of like the Ace of Wands in a tarot deck. I'm on board with the manifestation part, not so much about being outgoing. I've been accused of being anti-social and weird. I would love to be more out-going. It's not very easy for me.

I do love the part where it says obstacles have been overcome, your are the shaper of your destiny now. (Kind of like your Mapmaker of Destiny.)

Pos 2: 8 The Tribe
It's about people who are close to you (family, close friends), who rely on you, people who come into your close sphere, they see the real you. Anybody that you care about and trust, you don't feel the need to keep that mask in place.

Card meaning - community, longing, being seen and understood by others, like-minded connections, a sense of family and connection, knowing your place in the world.

So perhaps the card is also suggesting that when you feel comfortable and safe, you are able to let that yang persona drop as well.

Again, going to the part where people think I'm weird. I'm a giant nerd. I have a molecular biology degree and work in a lab. Do I fit in there? Nope.

I've always been interested in the paranormal and occult. Certainly didn't endear me to people at the Catholic School I went to.

I have a hard time feeling accepted by others because I do have my shields up. I am intuitive and empathic, which not understanding that made my life crazy. It didn't help that some people were afraid of my interests and I fought the intuitive side of me for a long time.

Now, I'm not really caring what people think so much.
Pos 3: 7 To the Sea
What helps you to keep going in times of crisis - perhaps this is literally you going to a body of water (river, lake, beach, etc.), or somewhere where you can get away from the hustle and bustle and anything that scrambles your energy and just be in the moment. Or perhaps it's a symbolic meaning, getting in touch with your feelings, your gut instinct.

Card meaning - being in the flow, returning to Source, recognising how pieces fit together, a natural pattern of events.

So, in addition to the intuitive meanings, this card suggests you find prayer or meditation very helpful, and allowing the bigger picture to be pieced together.

I have been doing a lot of yoga and I did a self-imposed 90 day meditation challenge. I said I would meditate a half hour everyday for 90 days.

I think it worked too well. I feel rather spacey right now. For like the last week I haven't been on my " A Game". I think I might need to tone it back.

I do like to swim. It's just me and my thoughts for lap after lap after lap. In its own way that's rather meditative and zen-like.

Pos 4: 3 Between Worlds (Reversed)
From an intuitive perspective, this card suggests to me that perhaps you look on both your mask and your persona with your tribe as two (different) aspects of who you are. Maybe you're not quite sure which one is real? This card suggests that you are both. You are, however, more than just the energetic, go-get-em, achiever/yang energy.

Reversed meaning: "Be mindful of your expectations. This is not a time for guarantees. Things will not go exactly as you plan or dictate. Let go and see what Spirit has in store. What takes hold in your life will be better than you can imagine."

If I relate this message back to the position meaning, it suggests that perhaps you identify most with your mask - the high achiever. This is the role you are comfortable in. This is "the best you".

Because this card is reversed, it's almost like the deck is answering the question and giving homework at the same time! lol

I have always felt that I've been straddling two worlds my whole life. I've always been on the cusp. I'm a Scorpio/ Sagittarius cusp. I'm not quite sure what I am. I straddle the left-brained science and the right-brained intuition.

I don't feel very energetic, in fact I feel rather tired. I choose a high-demanding career. Can't make a mistake or you might kill someone. Mistakes aren't learning opportunities. They're magnified.

The protection position is warning me of a pothole. I think it's telling me to find some balance in my life.
This card is above the card in position 1 - almost like they are mirror images. As well as Yang, you are also Yin; receptive, waiting. Instead of expending energy in creating and accomplishing and going after things, the card suggests that you are perhaps someone who can let themselves surrender and see what happens (which is also a valid and powerful way to live). So, who are you really? You are in part, your outer mask, and you also have a much deeper aspect that is comfortable with surrendering and being more receptive.

I hope this helps - if you have any questions about the reading, let me know. :)

I definitely think I need to do more receiving. I'm not good with that. Along with changing my attitudes about some things. The Laws of Thought and Frequency mirror our energies. So if I want my best life I need to change the energy I'm putting out into the world.

Thanks for the reading

andromedastarseed

This is interesting! I can see how people might come to the conclusion that life is easy for me - I am not very comfortable asking for help, and if someone asks me about my news (in a casual conversation) I'm usually at a loss as to what to talk about. Thinking about this now, I suppose people/family members would also like to know what's going on with me as opposed to just general goings on in my life. Opening up and talking deep is not something I'm comfortable doing without lead up. :) So yeah, perhaps my way of communicating doesn't reveal the hard work behind the scenes and the challenges.

(Wow, I've just seen the Midas touch sentence - I think I wrote something like that for you. And now, looking at our readings together, position no 1 seems to be very similar for both of us!)

This card I'm having a bit of trouble with. The thing that takes the mask off - and the mask is how other people see me - is it knowing that my choices affect the outcomes of my efforts? I'm not really sure how to interpret this card in line with the position meaning...

OK, so there is something in here that makes A LOT of sense. The ability to keep going? I have that in buckets. It's only recently that I've come to the point where I've realised I need to question the benefit of keeping going in some circumstances. Does the outpouring of energy find equal measure in the end result? If it doesn't, what is the point? It's not so much workaholism as needing to keep going for those who need you, but now I know that the HOW I keep going matters a lot. To them and to me. Burnout serves no one well. :)

So now I have to try and understand what it is that drives me to keep going, which this card is supposed to answer. Optimism is one of the key words, and I can relate to that. :) I have a belief that things can never be so difficult that they can't improve.

Another fascinating card! The idea of taking my time came up in another reading in another challenge - and reminds me of the song "Time is on my side" (Irma Thomas). I can see how knowing myself well means I can't be swayed or manipulated. I like that. And that's where I'm headed - yay. :)

This summing up makes a lot of sense of the cards above - thank you for that. Some of those cards were tricky to interpret!!

Thank you for the reading! Because it went quite deep, it's one I will have to take out and look at now and again. :)

The Mapmaker of Destiny was the hardest card for me. I think it's basically telling you, you hold the reins and control this ride. You can't just strap in and enjoy it. You have to do something and take responsibility for it.